[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I really like all the features of the new backside but one, the updater will not let you flash any other roms but backside! every rom I tried said bad download- files don't match. It says delete and download file again, so I try that but then it says link is not valid???????:mad:

its backside updater, it is originally for backside, but jerry has kindly given instructions for other devs to use it (like me, and i think i might be the first besides jerry to release a rom with it integrated). so it only updates the rom it is built for and included it (its an updater)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry - great work! Had a question. I flashed the newest ROM. After rebooting, I realized that the battery indicator had changed. The old one was a quarter circle with a percentage in it. The new one has a percentage number followed by an upright battery. Also had a question about the new recovery. The up/down keys work, but I was not able to get the keys that select an option working. I had to press one of the 4 buttons at the bottom of my screen to run the option (was trying to reboot). Is this the correct way? Awesome work, once more!!!!!

The quarter circle battery indicator is part of the GreenMachineTheme, you have to flash the latest theme with each ROM build (the dates must match).

The home key is your new select button in recovery. I was always afraid over-use of the two stage camera button might break it, so I changed it. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I do plan on releasing updates to the BacksideUpdater, and I'm considering making the manifest support multiple ROMs and accessory packages (gapps, themes, etc).

The issue is with maintaining the manifest and vetting the associated files. I don't want to end up in Koush's shoes and support so many ROMs I can't verify them. So for now, each ROM developer must maintain their own manifest files, and accepts the responsibility for what they post.

Koush is an amazing programmer, and ROM Manager is a work of art, but it's too big of a project for one man to maintain, especially with all his assorted other projects! ;)

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say let the ROM dev do the support for the Updater Jerry, maybe even come up with a open source licensing agreement between the DEV'S that state there are to offer the support, but that you well support them (DEV'S only). That way you are not in Koush in shoes in support devices you don't have access to.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I would say let the ROM dev do the support for the Updater Jerry, maybe even come up with a open source licensing agreement between the DEV'S that state there are to offer the support, but that you well support them (DEV'S only). That way you are not in Koush in shoes in support devices you don't have access to.

I've released it to the other ROM Devs last night, and already one is using it, another is working on incorporating it into his builds. ;)

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm testing weather the changes I've made to the sd-ext script my ROM uses well conflict. Tested last night and it did not like having the sd-ext not wiped. O, question would it be okay if i used your activate boot sound for my ROM, I found a kool T2 sound that would go great with the boot animation?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm testing weather the changes I've made to the sd-ext script my ROM uses well conflict. Tested last night and it did not like having the sd-ext not wiped. O, question would it be okay if i used your activate boot sound for my ROM, I found a kool T2 sound that would go great with the boot animation?
Note- had a thought after writing this post, it may be possible to wipe sd-ext from the updater-script in the zip file, will have to research it. ;)

sd-ext: It wouldn't be too difficult to add the ability to auto-wipe sd-ext in recovery, but all your users would have to use that specific recovery. Adding it to the BacksideUpdater is as simple as changing the exec call that writes /cache/recovery/command to include it, something like this:
Code:
...&& echo '--wipe_cache\n--wipe_sd-ext\n--update_package=" + updateFileName + "' >> /cache/recovery/command";
Note- the --wipe_sd-ext command would have to be added to the recovery used

bootsound: Of course you can use the bootsound changes, please thank Eollie for researching them, and xda and CM for the original ideas. I ported the method and added the option to enable/disable in CMParts. ;)

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I tested and it worked fine, did have the warning about system inconsistency because data not being wiped, but everything seems to be working and logcat does not report errors (besides that of 3g being forced). So what I'm going to do is test for couple of days and see how things go. If things go well then well use your updater. How would I stop the system inconsistency from popping up if things to go well, any tips?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Note: Please move this discussion to the CWM-Green-Recovery w/BacksideUpdater thread, the info we are discussing will benefit more there. ;)
I tested and it worked fine, did have the warning about system inconsistency because data not being wiped, but everything seems to be working and logcat does not report errors (besides that of 3g being forced). So what I'm going to do is test for couple of days and see how things go. If things go well then well use your updater. How would I stop the system inconsistency from popping up if things to go well, any tips?

I would imagine by modifying the script you are using, or by adding one of your own to init.d (+1). ;)

In recovery, dalvik cache is wiped with a simple rm command used on three possible locations for dalvik-cache (people link it everywhere ;)).
Code:
        __system("rm -r /data/dalvik-cache");
        __system("rm -r /cache/dalvik-cache");
        __system("rm -r /sd-ext/dalvik-cache");
The same can be accomplished via your ROM's updater-script in your update zip (check for syntax), or via init.d (but might require an extra reboot if done via init.d).

Note- to do it via updater-script, you probably will have to write a sh script that does it, and have the updater-script call the sh script.

Last edited:

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry bout ragging on the updater jerry, I was so impressed with the update that it ticked me off when I tried to flash a different rom and it didn't work. Its for backside duh.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry bout ragging on the updater jerry, I was so impressed with the update that it ticked me off when I tried to flash a different rom and it didn't work. Its for backside duh.

I will add the option to auto-install any zip file, with extreme warnings since the app will not be able to verify file size or md5sum.
(note- the best I could do is verify it contains the normal files for an update zip, but not their contents)

I don't like the idea of noobs bricking their phones with an app I've created, if I can make it safe enough to prevent it. ;)

Reactions: rebel69ization

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I will add the option to auto-install any zip file, with extreme warnings since the app will not be able to verify file size or md5sum.
(note- the best I could do is verify it contains the normal files for an update zip, but not their contents)

I don't like the idea of noobs bricking their phones with an app I've created, if I can make it safe enough to prevent it. ;)

^^^--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxLokrATgIw

Last edited:

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry just a thought but maybe we can change the color of most the icons that the themes don't change. I have red remix theme and the vibration icon is still green. But its just a suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for provide the rom. Since i have using this rom, it has more custom feature than i thought of. One thing that i experiencing of randomly freeze on either on running app or on the main home screen. I recently upgrade to latest version and still experience it. I'm running with default 600mhz and 480mhz in min speed. With previous custom rom Asop that i never experience of freeze. Since i updated, have wipe devik cache that it. don't know what else can be done.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for provide the rom. Since i have using this rom, it has more custom feature than i thought of. One thing that i experiencing of randomly freeze on either on running app or on the main home screen. I recently upgrade to latest version and still experience it. I'm running with default 600mhz and 480mhz in min speed. With previous custom rom Asop that i never experience of freeze. Since i updated, have wipe devik cache that it. don't know what else can be done.

Did you do a full wipe between roms?

It is recommended that you wipe fully between rom distributions. Even between IHO roms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress