[ROM/THEME] MIUIHO-ROM Idea [Updated 8/31]

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright. spent a good amount of time with this rom today and im going back to 8/10 BACKside. its a nice rom, i mean nice in the way that IHO as a whole is nice, including the variants.

I personally think this rom has way too much bloat, I get going for ease of access to customization, 3 launchers on startup for people who want to try it all, but once you got one, your stuck with the others in the app drawers and stuff.

Might be a good idea to consider streamlining the process of flashing this rom. There MUST be a way to have the transparency baked into the rom. even if that means baking in the correct launcher for it.

on that note. check out https://market.android.com/details?id=org.adw.launcher.miui&hl=en its a very nice 4 icon dock launcher. based on ADW, so you can just turn off the wallpaper hack in the settings and the transparent status bar works fine. thats what Im using right now. the icons you see in the screenshots are plugins for ADW, you can swap entire theme sets of icons or turn them off and use the system icons, like the icons that MIUI theme chooser theme replaces.

if you were able to find qqlauncher off market for this rom im sure finding this one wont be a problem but lets stay off that topic. ill just say that if i could, you could :D

good rom, the end result is very pretty. but my two cents is that it'd be nice to see all the correct apps themed and integrated to the rom. that means one nice launcher, with the settings already adjusted. go sms already set up, updates working correctly, and the transparency patch applied on the first flash.

to be able to flash the rom and boot into a fully MIUI styled rom that doesnt need a bunch of tweaks and stuff to work right would be cool to see.

also, i like the start up animation. and the audio.

Last edited:

pwis321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
this is a very very nice rom but I agree with watskyhotsky, it has too much bloat. Not a problem since I uninstalled what I didnt need. I also tried out the latest "MIUI.ADW iPhone Launcher" which can be found online..very nice MIUI launcher. Anyways thanks for this, I look forward to seeing how far this goes..

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
i like the idea...but too much work honestly. lol. use only one launcher. make everything integrated into the rom. im still with harmonia 1.5, but would love to try this out :)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the only bloat you need to remove is miui launcher, and the Samsung launcher, i wouldn't go with adw, its too sluggish, so is the Samsung launcher. The QQ launcher is nice, it doesn't have many features, but its fast and looks good. i wouldn't remove too much bloat, its not that hard for people to jus delete what they don't want them selves. Once again I'm impressed, good job

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably should post elsewhere but since a few of you have tried it and there are so many launchers going on here. With the ADW muiu launcher is there a setting somewhere I am missing for screen rotation? It works with all of my apps that rotate but the homescreen won't rotate for some reason.

Love the work put into this rom btw. :D

Also for the people asking for transparency built in. The reason it is a good idea to have the apply and undo flash zips is due to the fact that not all themes support it. Some themes, when applied during transparency, either work properly, make the whole status bar dissapear, or don't work at all.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I really tried using this rom again today and its just frustrating me with the bloat that i cant remove.

ok, every time I download the MIUI Zdunex25 theme .apk from another source to use on my regular IHO rom, i dont get the really cool transition animations between menu screens like i do in this rom.

did the OP, oh wait. no, the guy after the OP. hahahaha, did he bake that into the rom or should it actually be part of the theme?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok I really tried using this rom again today and its just frustrating me with the bloat that i cant remove.

ok, every time I download the MIUI Zdunex25 theme .apk from another source to use on my regular IHO rom, i dont get the really cool transition animations between menu screens like i do in this rom.

did the OP, oh wait. no, the guy after the OP. hahahaha, did he bake that into the rom or should it actually be part of the theme?

The one he has in the rom is the exact same size as the creators. I assume it must be something else but I didn't notice animation changes I'll have to restore my backup to see what you're talking about. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The one he has in the rom is the exact same size as the creators. I assume it must be something else but I didn't notice animation changes I'll have to restore my backup to see what you're talking about. :)

in MIUIHO if i switch from the stock theme to the included miui theme, the animations between menu screens change from a boring slide in to a slide/fade/roll in, its really cool but doesnt work when I download that same theme and apply it to my normal IHO rom.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
in MIUIHO if i switch from the stock theme to the included miui theme, the animations between menu screens change from a boring slide in to a slide/fade/roll in, its really cool but doesnt work when I download that same theme and apply it to my normal IHO rom.

Ok I see what you mean. Did you grab the transparent version or the black one from the thread they are on? Maybe they are set up different. Unless you just took it from his ROM of course. Aren't transitions a launcher deal not a theme?

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
man this makes me wish i still had my optimus v

all the V developers are awesome!
i miss all the fun i had trying new stuff out.
gravity smart sucks right now.

keep up the awesome work!

pwis321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I used Titanium Backup to remove all the bloat.. Some things stay until you reboot. MIUI launcher came back after reboot but uninstall it once more and do a cleanup.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I see what you mean. Did you grab the transparent version or the black one from the thread they are on? Maybe they are set up different. Unless you just took it from his ROM of course. Aren't transitions a launcher deal not a theme?

both. none change the animations on my BACKside rom. only this threads MIUIHO rom.

transition between homescreens is the launcher.

transition animations from one menu to a sub menu is something else. i havent seen a launcher change that. must be in the android framework which means a theme apk can change it.

i know there is a Optimus 2X CM7 theme floating around XDA that installs like any other theme and can change the animations from the fade in, to a fold out animation, device wide, which means not the homescreens, its everywhere else. hard to explain unless you see it.