can some1 help a noob out who no one wants to help

knightsurfer69

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i rooted my lg optimus v by following seth rosenblatt of cnet.com root method using super one click and had no probs i seen alot of videos and read alot of stuff on customs roms and more i used rom manager to backup my system the only thing i want to do is change the color of my status bar from white to black nothin more i was thinking bout using a custom rom and saw a video review of rom manager by this woman on youtube who says using this program you can do all this and dont have to worry about all the stuff you have to do to prepare your phone but read how others have bricked there phones which i dont want to do can someone please help me is there a way to do this with out having to deal with custom roms

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
STOP USING ROM MANAGER NOW!!! It doesn't fully support the Optimus V

If you are rooted, and want a transparent status bar, you will need a gingerbread ROM, or one of the I believe 2 froyo ROMs that support it for the Optimus V.

If you go with a gingerbread ROM (aospCMod, Zefie's CM7, or one of the IHO builds), you can make a transparent status bar at UOT Kitchen.

If you go with a froyo ROM, they have flashable zip files to give you transparent status bars.

Reactions: knightsurfer69

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: could anybody help a neophyte out who no 1 wants to help

I rooted mine without a pc using gingerbreak.
I had problems with the clockwork mod so I
used amon-ra just rename it and replace the one
in rom managers clockwork recovery folder used rom manager to flash it too
- Use root checker - to confirm you are rooted
install busybox installer.
I now use harmonia, best Ive found so far.
I reccomend go launcher ex/dg alert classic
as well as es-file explorer.
light weight and simple.
I moved all apks from data/app
to system/app
they work faster that way.
install superuser from the market or
updating it will prolly not work
also reccomend ad-free
in the harmomia thread 2nd post are status bar replacements
I also use black w/batterry%
Good Luck!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
did i just dodge a bullet? i just rooted with superoneclick and then used rom manager to flash CWM recovery and am now sitting on aosp cm7. went pretty smooth actually....

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
These things work on the "V" using ROM Manager:
1. Flash ClockWorkMod recovery v3.2.0.1
2. Install an update or patch to an existing ROM, install a kernel, install a theme, Using the "Install ROM from SD card(Do not use this option to install a ROM as it will only wipe cache partition and dalvik cache)
3. Delete,rename(it gets the MD5 sums right),or restore a backup, Using the "Manage and Restore Backups" option.
4. Backup current ROM in the "Backup Current ROM" option
5. Fix permissions in the "Fix permissions" option.
All the above mention things I have used myself and can confirm they work on the "V"

6. This next one I have no need for so I have not tried it,but have been told that it does work(be careful here). Partion sd card using the "Partition SD Card" option

Everthing else in ROM Manager is not compatible with the "V" yet.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a few door stops made using the ROM manager software to flash a ROM or 2. I couldn't even hook one to ADB it was so bad.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

That is not ROM managers fault. Sorry no dice with that. The user did no research before attempting to just install a rom from within ROM manager. Its well documented that the problem with the roms is a manifest issue and not ROM managers responsibility to keep each rom devs stuff up to date. That falls back on the person submitting the files. As a application ROM manager works as intended. IF there is some issues with it contact Koush and he will personally look into fixing them. He has spent the past week or so trying to get people with certain phones to contact him to help him figure out the bug with CWM 5.0/ROM manager 4.xxx.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just be sure to have a nandroid backup and working recovery you can use manually from booting by
vol dn+home/power and you should be okay now that you have root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress