07-28-2013 07:37 PM
1,570 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Is there any way to get the default news and weather app that the phone came with on this rom. I cant find it in the market at anywhere?
    If you made a titanium backup you can just restore the app and it will work fine.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    01-29-2012 12:41 AM
    Is there any way to get the default news and weather app that the phone came with on this rom. I cant find it in the market at anywhere?
    Here sense I guess some people dont like to share..
    Dont think you can just install the .APK..
    Believe you have to manually move the .APK to /system/app (found in ROOT directory)..

Confirmed working on this ROM..
    Enjoy
    01-29-2012 02:06 AM
    As I said in my first post my wife also has the optimus v and nothing has been done to it. Both of our phones were bought at the same time. Out of desperation I rooted her phone, installed xionia recovery to her phone and create a backup to a sdcard. Then I popped that sdcard into my phone and restore using the same exact xionia recovery. My phone now can be booted into the stock rom successfully, except when I try to go to the activiate menu by enter "##478446#" it doesn't work. I tried the "##478446#" on my wife's phone and it didn't work either. My guess is that since the phone thinks it has already been activiated and therefore entering that ## code will not get into the activiation menu. But at least my phone now is back to stock rom (supposingly) and I can contact Virgin Mobile tech support and see what they can do. After activating my phone I can then do a restore to my Harmonia 2.03 backup.

Thank you very much to everyone who had replied to my messages and their suggestions!!
    Sam
    There is something very wrong with this situation. If you are just rooted there should not be any checks to see if the phone is rooted when trying to activate. Atleast there wasnt before.

As for your other problem..I cant believe nobody is thinking outside the norm. You just recently bought the phone right? New Optimus V's use the Sprint sister phones screen. Im sure LeslieAnn will say 1.7 supports them. If you can install 2.0 but 1.7 fails it makes me think the dreaded black screen-o-death is affecting you.

As for not activating with the code have you just tried to use the activate app that is part of the stock rom? Also you are using the wrong code mate. lol. It should be ##847446# or spell Virgin on the keypad.
    01-29-2012 10:52 AM
    Anyone else having gallery force close issues?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-29-2012 11:51 AM
    Anyone else having gallery force close issues?
    Yep, when it does work it's slow anyways.
    Install the app Quickpic & your troubles will go away.

00_wrath_00 likes this.
    01-29-2012 01:16 PM
    Yep, when it does work it's slow anyways.
    Install the app Quickpic & your troubles will go away.

I found that in the market just as you posted it lol. Thanks for the reply

01-29-2012 01:28 PM
    Gallery has been unstable for a long time.
    I may see if the one for 1.7 will work. It was a more stable version.

Working on 2.04, but early tests showed stability issues with the rom so it still needs work.
    scootincivic likes this.
    01-29-2012 05:16 PM
    Gallery has been unstable for a long time.
    I may see if the one for 1.7 will work. It was a more stable version.

Working on 2.04, but early tests showed stability issues with the rom so it still needs work.
    Thanks for the info LeslieAnn. I downloaded an app from the market. No big deal though I can use the market app. Other then that gallery fc, I have had no problems since my replacement phone came in.

LeslieAnn likes this.
    01-29-2012 05:21 PM
    There is something very wrong with this situation. If you are just rooted there should not be any checks to see if the phone is rooted when trying to activate. Atleast there wasnt before.

As for your other problem..I cant believe nobody is thinking outside the norm. You just recently bought the phone right? New Optimus V's use the Sprint sister phones screen. Im sure LeslieAnn will say 1.7 supports them. If you can install 2.0 but 1.7 fails it makes me think the dreaded black screen-o-death is affecting you.

As for not activating with the code have you just tried to use the activate app that is part of the stock rom? Also you are using the wrong code mate. lol. It should be ##847446# or spell Virgin on the keypad.
    Hi Eillot,

Yes, I did use the wrong code ##478446# instead of ##847446#. It was late at night (or early in the morning) 1 AM and I guess I started to dreaming up things. lol

I had tried using both BobzHome and Xionia recoveries to flash Harmonia 1.7, Harmonia 1.3, and a "stock" rom I found and all booted to a blank screen. Although flashing Harmonia 2.03 worked though. Somthing is very wrong with my phone. Anyway, I backup my wife's optimus V that we bought at the same time. Her phone still has the stock rom on it. I then restored it to my poblematic phone and it worked! Yay! I was then able to call Virgin Mobile and used the right code ##847446# and activated my phone. Afterwards I restore my own backup (one with Harmonia 2.03) and now I have a working optimus v with Harmonia 2.03.

Also, big Thank You to LeslieAnn for the great Harmonia custom rom!!!

Sam
    01-30-2012 09:47 AM
    Eollie,

Sorry I mis-spelled your name in my previous post.

Sam
    01-30-2012 12:44 PM
    Here sense I guess some people dont like to share..
    Dont think you can just install the .APK..
    Believe you have to manually move the .APK to /system/app (found in ROOT directory)..

Confirmed working on this ROM..
    Enjoy
    I'm not sure how to install this... I don't know where the "/system/app" folder or whatever is. My phone does not have that and to think about it, I can't even find any of the apps I have currently installed in any of these folders lol
    01-31-2012 12:30 AM
    I'm not sure how to install this... I don't know where the "/system/app" folder or whatever is. My phone does not have that and to think about it, I can't even find any of the apps I have currently installed in any of these folders lol
    Are you rooted? If ypi are get an App called root browser and look for system

01-31-2012 03:09 PM
    Some file managers won't get root until you set it in their options, others never do.

Without that, you will never see the files.
    01-31-2012 03:34 PM
    download file manager from the market the one with a tool/star near the folder ,open the app then go to settings and select "root explorer" then it's going to ask for root access.
    01-31-2012 08:05 PM
    I was first on original CM7, then JerryScript, then BobzPhone, now I'm on Harmonia 2.03 and my 3G connection still is non existent. Whats the fix, I figured if I got my hands on the stock activate app for VM i could reactivate my phone, but I am hearing from people that it is specially coded for 2.2 same with the MMS issue. Help please.
    01-31-2012 09:56 PM
    I was first on original CM7, then JerryScript, then BobzPhone, now I'm on Harmonia 2.03 and my 3G connection still is non existent. Whats the fix, I figured if I got my hands on the stock activate app for VM i could reactivate my phone, but I am hearing from people that it is specially coded for 2.2 same with the MMS issue. Help please.
    I am going through the same thing, sort of. My 3G is there but my MMS doesn't work. I tried flashing to 2.2 and doing activate, didn't help. Tried "full" wipes, back to stock, to a Froyo rom, to IHO, etc... nothing has worked.

Follow the normal steps for wiping / flashing, and flash Harmonia 1.7, it has the Activate app. Then, wipe and reflash whatever IHO rom you wish.
    01-31-2012 10:21 PM
    Yes I'm rooted lol I'm running Harmonia 2.03 and I downloaded that File Manager app and set it to root explorer and checked mount /system as writable or whatever and I STILL cannot see it
    01-31-2012 10:32 PM
    Found it! Thanks guys =] but I moved that apk to the /system/app folder, but its still not installed. I even tried installing it while its in that folder and it still said Application not installed and its still not showing up.
    01-31-2012 10:41 PM
    Found it! Thanks guys =] but I moved that apk to the /system/app folder, but its still not installed. I even tried installing it while its in that folder and it still said Application not installed and its still not showing up.
    Go into system/app. Then set permissions to file manager like this.... first row of boxes all checked.....second row of boxes first two boxes checked......third row of boxes all checked....reboot and you should be able to access it.

02-01-2012 06:27 AM
    could you confirm which app your installing "name of the app'
    02-02-2012 12:20 AM
    Oh youtube works great. Its when I record video with the phones camera that it doesn't catch audio. All the other iho roms record just fine.
    Actually this issue has been discussed many times and I've experienced it in BACKside as well. Go into settings-cyanogenmod settings-sounds and mute the camera shutter sound. It should record audio with video fine after that.

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    02-02-2012 07:13 AM
    Actually this issue has been discussed many times and I've experienced it in BACKside as well. Go into settings-cyanogenmod settings-sounds and mute the camera shutter sound. It should record audio with video fine after that.

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011

thanks alot, I hadn't notice that the video audio was not recording sound. tested it and yes no sound, did what you told me and tested it again, successfully recorded video and sound

PS where's the donate button,
    daddy4life09 likes this.
    02-02-2012 10:19 AM
    could you confirm which app your installing "name of the app'
    It's the "News and Weather.apk" that was posted on this thread a few pages back
    02-02-2012 10:30 AM
    First off, I'd like to thank LeslieAnn for this amazing ROM. This is the first ROM I've ever installed, and I love it. I actually flashed it because I broke the original on my Optimus when trying to do a full reset. And this ROM made it a brand new phone.

I have only had one issue and I can't seem to find anyone else that has had this as well. At first it started with only a couple of apps but it seems like every time I try to update an app I get, an error. Mostly I get 'package file is invalid" but sometimes I get "an error occurred while downloading. I've tried wiping the market cache, and just today I tried wiping the cache in the recovery menu as well as wiping the dalvik cache, and it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    02-02-2012 03:32 PM
    First off, I'd like to thank LeslieAnn for this amazing ROM. This is the first ROM I've ever installed, and I love it. I actually flashed it because I broke the original on my Optimus when trying to do a full reset. And this ROM made it a brand new phone.

I have only had one issue and I can't seem to find anyone else that has had this as well. At first it started with only a couple of apps but it seems like every time I try to update an app I get, an error. Mostly I get 'package file is invalid" but sometimes I get "an error occurred while downloading. I've tried wiping the market cache, and just today I tried wiping the cache in the recovery menu as well as wiping the dalvik cache, and it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Glad it works well for you.
    That problem you are having is almost always a market issue that clears up up on it's own. Some have fixed it doing what you did, or reflashing the same rom or a different one, but I'm convinced it's not on your end. It will come back when it comes back. It's no more than a day two at most, usually a lot less.
    02-02-2012 03:46 PM
1,570 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD