[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

In bed, stop playing with Angry Birds and play with your girlfriend instead. ;)

Oh I do.. then she passes out. Due to some new meds I'm dealing with a bit of insomnia.

I didn't mean to go off on a rant about it and it's really not a big deal. I was just trying to be funny more so than rantish.

I didn't realize such a minor change would be such a big deal.

ATJaguarX

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a problem disabling the lock screen. I use a PIN to unlock my phone and it is quite cumbersome to have to unlock the phone and then enter my PIN.

I thought that the following option would disable the lock screen when a PIN i used:

Settings | CyanogenMod settings | Lockscreen | Unlock options | Skip on security

This option is defined as:

"Disable the lockscreen if security screen lock (pattern, PIN, password) is enabled"

jru

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm loving H2 so far. My V seems snappier and quicker and I'm no longer getting start up force closures as I did while running Backside (although that could be more due to wiping everything than H2 itself).

There was one "feature" recently introduced into backside that would be nice to see in H2. They had changed the default volume control to MEDIA instead of RINGER. I found myself inadvertently adjusting RINGER volume instead of MEDIA volume until that change was made. Then I would forget the RINGER was turned down and miss phone calls!

It's embarrassing to wake my G/F up in bed at night because my volume was cranked up and the ANGRY BIRDS music started blaring when I load the app! :mad: And there is no good way to adjust the volume down before starting it up.. at least not without going through all the menus.

And how often do you really need to adjust the RINGER volume anyway? It's more of a "set it and forget it" kind of thing. Of course there are times when you need to mute it but you do that through the pull down menu anyway!

So please.. next update if it's not a big deal change the default volume control setting to MEDIA instead of RINGER. If it's a simple matter of changing a file it would be cool to learn how to make this mod as well!

Thanks!

Install Audio Guru or something similar.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

And how often do you really need to adjust the RINGER volume anyway? It's more of a "set it and forget it" kind of thing. Of course there are times when you need to mute it but you do that through the pull down menu anyway!
Well, it's useful to be able to adjust the ringer volume to fit the circumstance (in a loud store where you want to crank up the volume vs. an office in which you only need it at the lowest volume). I personally find that more useful than being able to adjust media volume before you start an app, but to each his own.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Any opinions on 2.03 vs. 2.05? (i.e. is it worth doing a complete wipe, update, and reapply all settings?)

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Bumblebee ROM author had put out an update_wiper_1.3.zip that was intended to do a better (and easier) job of wiping the phone before loading a new ROM. Apparently, if you do the wipe steps manually, it's better to do it 2-3 times because for whatever reason, the recovery doesn't actually wipe it all sometimes. I don't know if this just affected the Xionia Virgin recovery, and not the newer recommended BobzHome recovery. But it's a lot easier "installing" the update_wiper_1.3.zip than going through all of the menus to the various things that need to be wiped/formatted and confirming each one.

So I'm wondering if the update_wiper_1.3.zip can be listed as an easier way to make sure your phone is completely wiped?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Bumblebee ROM author had put out an update_wiper_1.3.zip that was intended to do a better (and easier) job of wiping the phone before loading a new ROM. Apparently, if you do the wipe steps manually, it's better to do it 2-3 times because for whatever reason, the recovery doesn't actually wipe it all sometimes. I don't know if this just affected the Xionia Virgin recovery, and not the newer recommended BobzHome recovery. But it's a lot easier "installing" the update_wiper_1.3.zip than going through all of the menus to the various things that need to be wiped/formatted and confirming each one.

So I'm wondering if the update_wiper_1.3.zip can be listed as an easier way to make sure your phone is completely wiped?

I'm actually working on a new wiper.

Reactions: O13 and jru

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Great rom, I'm loving the battery life. I'm having an interesting error with any music player I try; all my title and artist tags aren't being read. MIUI Music, stock player, nothing. The title and artist tags show up in properties on my computer, but on my V everything is known as being by "Unknown Artist" and all titles are shown as the filenames.

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Could you put a screenshot of the notification status window next time you make an update?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Great rom, I'm loving the battery life. I'm having an interesting error with any music player I try; all my title and artist tags aren't being read. MIUI Music, stock player, nothing. The title and artist tags show up in properties on my computer, but on my V everything is known as being by "Unknown Artist" and all titles are shown as the filenames.
Probably something got corrupted. Try re-flashing and maybe check your sdcard.

Could you put a screenshot of the notification status window next time you make an update?
It's the same as other IHO roms.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

Probably something got corrupted. Try re-flashing and maybe check your sdcard.

Alright, will do. When I do reflash though, should I wipe first? I can install my apps again and whatnot, just feeling lazy lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, did a classic wipe (wiped cache/dalvik-cache from their menu options in CWM, then formatted /boot, /system, and /cache in mounts and storage) then flashed. Worked like a charm.

Last edited:

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I would just like to know, I'm trying to change my recovery back to the
Recommended recovery:
It should work with pretty much any, but I recommend BobzHome IHO recovery.
From first post, but every-time I download it (from my phone) It gives me a .txt file, is that supposed to happen?

Edit: nm, I tried just transferring it to the phone, which I thought would work, ut when i went to Terminal, it said (very simply) that it couldn't write over the bricks or something, and also that the memory was full. Then I just exited Terminal, and the phone started running super slow. Then I just decided to reboot to recovery, and it was just stuck on the LG logo... (H2 still boots fine, but I didn't want to try anything until I got some input lol)

Any suggestions? xDDD.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
When you download it, it downloads as a .txt so all you need to do is to rename it to .img and it will flash properly;)

Sent via the Postal Service

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

When you download it, it downloads as a .txt so all you need to do is to rename it to .img and it will flash properly;)

Sent via the Postal Service

Failed with error: -1
error opening /sdcard/b.img

I know what this means, i just don't know how to fix it. Lol

Edit: getting the same thing with ADB.

Edit2: Nm, I got it to install. Apparently it didn't like when I changed the name (not the ext) of the recovery. And on the plus side, I learned how to use ADB ^^.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You mean from adb? I can try.
No, I meant the text file. If it's big, then yes it's probably the img, but if it's small it could be an error message.
As for "from a computer" I meant download it from a computer.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
No, I meant the text file. If it's big, then yes it's probably the img, but if it's small it could be an error message.
As for "from a computer" I meant download it from a computer.

Lol, read my edits xD.

Sent from ROM Manager, bricking phones since the OV was born.

stevek28

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

I was having issues with 2.05 so I flashed 2.03. However, the apps on my sdcard haven't loaded onto the phone. How can I get them back?

when I boot the phone, I get the virgin splash screen and the VM icon before I see the Harmonia sign.. No icons are on my home screen Even though I backup all my apps via MYBackiup and restored them correctly, they still don't show up on the phone. The SD card is working and shows 4 gigs used but the apps on in "Manage my Applications"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez