[FIXED]Can't access ADB with any IHO ROM?

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So just recently in my ROM development I noticed I cannot access ADB with my phone if I'm running any IHO ROM, That goes for "Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1", and "Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread)", even when cooking a fresh IHO from my ubuntu.... ADB works fine with my Fryo stock rom's like StockOV and OverDrive.
Any solution to this problem?
I have had my Optimus V linked in with my Computer for a long time now, and have accessed ADB many times before these ROM's.... I'm a little confused, I even tried turning off USB Debugging and turning it back on, this makes the USB Mass storage turn on then off and pop up... Interesting?.. I even tried flashing diffident kernels to see if that was the problem, and no dice.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't access ADB with any IHO ROM?

Windows 7? Probably 64bit?

TDM suspects it's an issue with a hardware ID somewhere, but basically the system doesn't recognize the OV as an OV. You can play with drivers until you find one, also, turn the phone off and connect it, sometimes that works.

Otherwise you have one of three options...
Find an XP computer, re-install Froyo, or you can compile a small script that will work. I haven't used that method myself.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Here is the post regarding the script, it's from a thread on XDA, but this is all I know about it.

I used gscript to make a button using the following code and had no problem getting it to show up as a port.

echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/usb_composite/diag/enable

If that doesn't work you can use

echo 1 > /dev/qct_diag_enable

To turn it off just change echo 1 to echo 0

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

adb works fine on windows 8 with BACKside

The weird part is what works for one person, might not the next.
It doesn't seem rom or even necessarily OS dependent. My guess is it has something to do with the motherboard in your computer and those drivers that decide if it works or not.

On mine, I have to use Froyo and have the phone turned off, then it sees it fine.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

And running XP in a virtual machine wouldn't work, because it's being passed through by Win7, right? Or is that an option?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

This is not correct, or I made it work...? I was able to use my Virtual Machine perfectly to use ADB with my phone. If it helps I'm using VMware Workstation... after Installing the drivers for my phone with a Froyo ROM (OverDrive) I then clicked the "USB Mobile LG Modem" then had it connect to my Virtual Machine running Windows 7 32bit, it recognized it right away! After installing the drivers, I then flashed over to my current ROM (GingerBread V - a IHO Based ROM) and yet again my virtual machine noticed my phone right away and began installing the drivers. So you are able to use ADB from a virtual machine on a 64 bit operation system.

But all of my hard work went down the drain when I found this file... 64 bit ADB Driver for the Optimus V
Now I don't even need to hassle with my Virtual Machine
I hope someone out there can use this file to their advantage!
I know I sure needed it.

zazilez

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the same problems trying to update my PRL using win7..ill try the adb drivers u have n see if it works, thanks