06-05-2012 11:25 AM
272 ... 678910 ...
tools
    tvall, does your kernel work on cm9?
    Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: it might, but it doesn't have any of the changes for ics. it'll probably boot, but battery life will suffer and varicose things may be broken. You can try it, but I don't recommend it (I think I posted an ics kernel on this thread, however. Search for it.)

I will not be releasing anything for ics until quattrimus hits beta and/or tdm releases that shiny new 3.0 kernel he was talking about (I'll definitely play with that)
    04-27-2012 11:45 PM
    I'm posting this conversation between tvall and I for the benefit of everyone who have flashed zv9. I'd been helping him test some changes to his kernel to circumvent the reboot problem experienced on iho roms with zv9. In my tests, he seems to be on the right track so things are looking promissing.

After several days of testing I can tell you your kernel doesn't reboot during SMS activities. However I had several full kernel locks, frequent freezing and lag. It's probably the way my handset is configured and it isn't what I was testing for, but I thought you could use a more detailed dataset. I've gone back to bobz because the occasional reboot is less disruptive to me than the performance I experienced with yours. Either way, it's another step closer to a new kernel...

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for testing.
    Question, do you experience any of those locks and freezes with my current stable kernel?
    Where is it posted? I haven't really run any kernel but bobz since June of last year.

On the thread about my roms and kernels in the second post.
    It started as me patching the iho kernel the way I like my Linux, but others liked it. So I've been playing with it for a while. And you seem rather thorough in your testing. You'd do a good job on informing me if I actually accomplished something
    Well, I had poor performance with the older build of your kernel as well, but I figured out why. It didn't much care for my link2sd configuration. Without link2sd, both kernels ran just fine. For the sake of completeness, this was my setup for testing:
    OC @ 480/806 smartassV2, link2sd with an ext4 partition, on WiFi and 3G. First generation OV.
    After finding that link2sd was causing the problems, I went back and repeated all the tests without it. The older kernel caused two reboots in the space of six hours. The newer kernel didn't cause any reboots (ran for two days)
    Anyway I hope this data helps out.

Could you post the results of your testing on my thread so others can see? (I am lazy and dont feel like rewriting what youve written well enough)
    tvall and glarepate like this.
    04-28-2012 04:29 PM
    I'd like to start by saying that ever since the zv9 update my phone has not been able to run any rom other than stock without reboots. And trust me I've tried them all. However, I can now say I've been running backside 4-17 with tvall's 0.2 kernel for two days with no reboots. Thanks tvall for giving my phone back!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2012 07:50 AM
    I'd like to start by saying that ever since the zv9 update my phone has not been able to run any rom other than stock without reboots. And trust me I've tried them all. However, I can now say I've been running backside 4-17 with tvall's 0.2 kernel for two days with no reboots. Thanks tvall for giving my phone back!

Well... the only kernel I did anything for zv9 for was marked as v0.3.0 and posted somewhere on this thread. The other versions should behave with zv9 the same as BobZhome's
    04-29-2012 10:40 AM

I'm only posting this because tvall said the 0.2 kernel shouldn't be helping anything. It's such an intermittent problem, you could have two days of nothing and the third day could be nothing but lag or reboots.

There is a Mirage 4/03 build here (VM670-CM7.2-RC1-IHO-04032012_MiRaGe.zip) and a kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1712739) you can apply to that, worked great for me.
    04-29-2012 10:48 AM
    Well... the only kernel I did anything for zv9 for was marked as v0.3.0 and posted somewhere on this thread. The other versions should behave with zv9 the same as BobZhome's
    I hear what you're saying, but Bob's kernel causes reboots along with every other "fix" .I've tried the mirage with Gingerkernal,I've tried cm9 thekeaven, all the harmonias, all caused reboot. Tvall kernel on backside doesn't. Sidenote- his kernel also worked with the stock rom also. Don't ask me why it worked on my phone,I'm just thankful that it does.

04-29-2012 11:16 AM
    I hear what you're saying, but Bob's kernel causes reboots along with every other "fix" .I've tried the mirage with Gingerkernal,I've tried cm9 thekeaven, all the harmonias, all caused reboot. Tvall kernel on backside doesn't. Sidenote- his kernel also worked with the stock rom also. Don't ask me why it worked on my phone,I'm just thankful that it does.

Then I'm thinking your issue is something different. Gingerkernel and cm9 do not have any issue with zv9
    glarepate likes this.
    04-29-2012 11:20 AM
    Then I'm thinking your issue is something different. Gingerkernel and cm9 do not have any issue with zv9
    I have no idea. This phone is one month old. It came from best buy with 2.2.2 (zv5) . I rooted and ran all the custom roms with no problems. Then I was an ***** and jumped on the update when my phone was fine before. Maybe I need flashers anonymous lol. Anyway after update nothing but reboots. Tried mirage,gingerkernel fix, my phone acted crazy on that ,it would start vibrating non-stop. The only fix for my phone so far is your kernel. At least I hope it's fixed. Now I'm not so sure ,with what all you all are saying. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

04-29-2012 11:38 AM
    I have no idea. This phone is one month old. It came from best buy with 2.2.2 (zv5) . I rooted and ran all the custom roms with no problems. Then I was an ***** and jumped on the update when my phone was fine before. Maybe I need flashers anonymous lol. Anyway after update nothing but reboots. Tried mirage,gingerkernel fix, my phone acted crazy on that ,it would start vibrating non-stop. The only fix for my phone so far is your kernel. At least I hope it's fixed. Now I'm not so sure ,with what all you all are saying. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well.. if you run into reboots or other issues you could try my test kernel for zv9 (v0.3.0 posted somewhere here)
    dobbs69 likes this.
    04-29-2012 11:56 AM
    Well.. if you run into reboots or other issues you could try my test kernel for zv9 (v0.3.0 posted somewhere here)
    Thanks, I'll try that if I have anymore reboots. Also I want to thank you for all your work to keep these V's worth having. After two weeks of running stock has made me appreciate all the dev's here.

04-29-2012 12:08 PM
    Uff, stock is just bad after being used to IHO. Not to imply any noob-ness on you or anything, but just for kicks, can you tell us the exact steps you take when flashing a ROM? Could be as simple as something there.
    04-29-2012 12:20 PM

How high was your overclock

04-29-2012 12:39 PM

I set "no frills" at 748-320 smartassv2 iso.

That was one of the first things I tried. My phone was rebooting on 600 .

04-29-2012 12:54 PM

That could be the issue, I can only over clock to 864 max when I'm on IHO, most other roms crashed for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    glarepate likes this.
    04-29-2012 12:55 PM
    Uff, stock is just bad after being used to IHO. Not to imply any noob-ness on you or anything, but just for kicks, can you tell us the exact steps you take when flashing a ROM? Could be as simple as something there.
    No problem, I always do a clean flash. Wipe data/factory reset,wipe both caches,format boot,cache, system, data,flash lesann's "prep for new rom zip, which I used to use thekraven's debug zip with my optimus s that I had for a year prior to the "v" . The only thing I've had a problem with lately is I could not get my adb push to work correctly for the mirage/gingerkernel fix. I used es file explorer to move the *.ko files to system/lib/modules and the boot img to data/local. My adb shell works fine. I'm not sure why I couldn't adb push successfully.

04-29-2012 01:11 PM
    So.. any ideas on things people want in my rom or kernel?
    05-01-2012 12:31 AM
    So.. any ideas on things people want in my rom or kernel?
    holographic video calling
    clodfelterac likes this.
    05-01-2012 12:33 AM
    Would there be an interest in ports of my themes for this Rom?

05-01-2012 12:44 AM
    holographic video calling
    I've tried... couldn't get the mic to work
    05-01-2012 12:52 AM
    I've tried... couldn't get the mic to work
    ahh thats a bummer. That wouldve been sweetttt hahaha. Alright back on topic
    05-01-2012 12:54 AM
    I'm only posting this because tvall said the 0.2 kernel shouldn't be helping anything. It's such an intermittent problem, you could have two days of nothing and the third day could be nothing but lag or reboots.

There is a Mirage 4/03 build here (VM670-CM7.2-RC1-IHO-04032012_MiRaGe.zip) and a kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1712739) you can apply to that, worked great for me.
    Is there a way to create the ROM with these modifications so we can just flash it instead of using adb?
    05-01-2012 09:27 PM
    Is there a way to create the ROM with these modifications so we can just flash it instead of using adb?
    Easily. I'll look into it for you. Or you could try the kernel I built for zv9
    05-01-2012 10:34 PM
    here you go... :-)
    05-01-2012 10:48 PM
    I saw that this "does not play well with Link2SD". What does this mean?
    05-02-2012 06:03 PM
    I saw that this "does not play well with Link2SD". What does this mean?
    One tester had several freezes and lag when using that app with my kernel. Could be his setup, could be the app having issues, could be a change I made causing issues. I don't use that app (my rom has app moving built-in)
    05-02-2012 06:09 PM
272 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD