[ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jca

"adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery.img /data/local/VM670NH_recovery.img"
It should be:
Code:
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/VM670NH_recovery.img
Notice that the word recovery in the middle is not recovery.img, leave out the .img there. ;)

Dragonfire1987

May 23, 2012
Visit site

is there a one click option yet cause every time I use the config lines in step 3 I get an error saying primmision denied

thanks for any help

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
is there a one click option yet cause every time I use the config lines in step 3 I get an error saying primmision denied

thanks for any help

Sounds like you need to factory reset and try again. Even one click solutions could error out till you do as they are based on the Same method. I've used this method several times and it does work.

Edit: just looked at eollies link.. I haven't seen that one before if you use it and it works report back about it ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Fatty1212

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I could not even get past step 1 of pushing it says... the system cannot find the path specified after i typed cd FILE_PATH_TO_ADB_DIRECTORY_HERE
what am i doing wrong here? Plz help..:-\

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I could not even get past step 1 of pushing it says... the system cannot find the path specified after i typed cd FILE_PATH_TO_ADB_DIRECTORY_HERE
what am i doing wrong here? Plz help..:-\

Well if that's how you typed it exactly then there's your problem. It should be something like "cd c:/android/sdk/platform-tools/" did you Install the android sdk and from there platform tools?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

thanks for any help

the permission denied refers to pushing jcase_rootme.zip. just adb push it to sdcard before you start the one click batch method,then itll already be on card and the permission error wont matter,just continue with process. then it can pull the file and finish.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Fatty1212

May 9, 2012
Visit site

It's not working for me, plz help... i'm a noobie! :(
can't ven get past first command, it says it can't find the path specified. what am i doing wrong?

Fatty1212

May 9, 2012
Visit site

i'm a noob, can you help me with a step by step guide? THanks a lot for replying .. :)

Fat City

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I tried to root my stock ZV9 Optimus V using the Gordita exploit described in this thread, but I got a Permission denied error at the rm /data/amit/* command. All of the previous adb commands succeeded. Since I didn't feel comfortable running a .bat file, I cut and pasted the commands one at a time into a Windows console window.

I know a factory reset is recommended to fix permission problems, but I have a really basic question: should I use Factory Data Reset in the Privacy settings or the wipe data / factory reset in the Android recovery screen?

Thanks in advance!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried to root my stock ZV9 Optimus V using the Gordita exploit described in this thread, but I got a Permission denied error at the rm /data/amit/* command. All of the previous adb commands succeeded. Since I didn't feel comfortable running a .bat file, I cut and pasted the commands one at a time into a Windows console window.

I know a factory reset is recommended to fix permission problems, but I have a really basic question: should I use Factory Data Reset in the Privacy settings or the wipe data / factory reset in the Android recovery screen?

Thanks in advance!

Recovery screen... The one in the roms scare me ;)

AbsensMentis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

My friend tried this method, and is now stuck in recovery, it will not boot into anything else. Ive tried flashing several roms to the device, each time I do, it says failed, or success, but makes zero difference. I also tried asadullah's vmfastbootroot and only achieved a reboot. We've tried everything in CWM, tried the factory data reset, tried wiping everything, tried flashing zips, even tried using a backup he made, absolutely nothing works. Please let me know if anyone knows how to get this puppy back in action!
Thanks!

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@AbsensMentis: I am certainly no expert in bricking (or un-bricking) but the very first thing I would try is putting the vmu ZV9 update.zip on your sdcard and install it from recovery. It may or may not install right the first time, but if it succeeds in flashing the new stock recovery, I'd then run the update.zip again.

But maybe you already tried that...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My friend tried this method, and is now stuck in recovery, it will not boot into anything else. Ive tried flashing several roms to the device, each time I do, it says failed, or success, but makes zero difference. I also tried asadullah's vmfastbootroot and only achieved a reboot. We've tried everything in CWM, tried the factory data reset, tried wiping everything, tried flashing zips, even tried using a backup he made, absolutely nothing works. Please let me know if anyone knows how to get this puppy back in action!
Thanks!

Sounds like a recovery loop. I think you'll have to flash Xionia recovery to fix it. There is a flashable zip floating around. I've never used it so maybe someone else can chine in with more info on it.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a recovery loop. I think you'll have to flash Xionia recovery to fix it. There is a flashable zip floating around. I've never used it so maybe someone else can chine in with more info on it.

Of course, the Xionia fix boot loop.

Here is an old xda post with links to Xionia 12518.4, which I believe is the latest one compatible with the OV.

Reactions: thewraith420

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Of course, the Xionia fix boot loop.

Here is an old xda post with links to Xionia 12518.4, which I believe is the latest one compatible with the OV.

that xionia link seems to be broke.. tried from my phone and a pc. have to find it somewhere else.

Reactions: Dannemand

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
that xionia link seems to be broke.. tried from my phone and a pc. have to find it somewhere else.

Sorry about that, that xda link was one I'd saved previously. Didn't check the recovery link itself this time. I'll upload the recovery when I get to my PC later, give me an hour or so.

Edit: kwknott beat me to it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty