[ROM][WIP]CM9.1.0-BobZ

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP]CM9.0.0-BobZ

I should have explained myself earlier...with CM9 development slowing to a crawl. I have decided to start working on CM10 now. I may release one or two more CM9 builds with important bug fixes, but I don't see it happening at this point in time. The CM team is really focused on CM10 now...they are pumping out fixes for it.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I should have explained myself earlier...with CM9 development slowing to a crawl. I have decided to start working on CM10 now. I may release one or two more CM9 builds with important bug fixes, but I don't see it happening at this point in time. The CM team is really focused on CM10 now...they are pumping out fixes for it.

I haven't checked out the OV's roms lately, haven't been able to keep up to date. I'm glad to hear that it's being worked on. Thank you Bob :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

vawlk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Love the rom.

I have been running backside IHO for awhile now and tonight I decided to give this rom a try. Everything went great. I did a full wipe of everything and I installed the rom and everything looked great until I ran out of space restoring apps.

I checked my sd-ext partition and it was empty and the apps were all being installed on the internal memory. Any ideas on what might cause the data not to be moved to the sd-ext partition?

Thanks again for the ROM. Love it so far.

EDIT: I reflashed and it seems to be working now....

Last edited:

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Is Bluetooth working on this rom? I turned it on but couldn't connect it to my other Ov

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I do believe so however i.know.that its working.on tdm's aokpbeta 2 so if its working there it should be here as well

Reactions: beastieboii

beastieboii

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot seems like all I had to do was reboot the phone I guess its working perfectly fine now tho. I love bobz work this is my favorite rom by far

Reactions: BobZhome

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow!!!! This looks nice!!!
Is it stable enough to be used as a daily???
Also, everything looks great.
The workarounds are apps I'd use anyway, so yay :)
And I can live without HQ YouTube. at&t DSL can't even handle it, anyway!!!! ;)
The only thing keeping me from flashing at the moment is because I'm too busy drooling over your CM10 ROM :rolleyes:

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Awesome rom. Been using it as my daily for a few days now with only 1 freeze. I am wondering if anybody has a different kernal for more stability?

Reactions: Encerspay45

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Awesome rom. Been using it as my daily for a few days now with only 1 freeze. I am wondering if anybody has a different kernal for more stability?

@bobzhome. Any newer kernel release for CM9? I can OC any GB rom to 864mhz, but while on ICS I can't go over 600 without repeat freezes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

vawlk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Great ROM with great battery. I only have run across two issues.

1: In the email app, the body doesn't always display. I can see the text in the preview, but when I select the message to view, I see everything else, including attachments, except the body of the message. Sometimes a force close works, sometimes I have to reboot.

1a: now the gmail app is doing it too except the gmail app will display the text for a couple of seconds and then it disappears.

2: A new issue that started this evening. My button lights are on an they are staying on. I'm not quite sure if I triggered a setting somewhere or not. Even after a reboot they stay on.

edit: weird. I just decided to give up trying to figure out what is happening and I hit the power button and the lights went off...but now they won't come back on.

I also got the message bodies to come back by switching the system font size to small and then back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlinderaz

vawlk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Works great, except like the poster above, my button lights stay on. Is there a workaround?

I was able to get the button lights to go out by adjusting the brightness on the display using the Settings - System - Notification Drawer and enabling the brightness widget button. Then when I set the brightness in the Notification window, the button light timed out when the screen went off again.

I use a brightness widget on my home screen and that doesn't make the buttons turn on like the system brightness control.

After I got them to turn off, they never came back on again unless I adjust the brightness using the system app. Something screwy in the button logic.

I also noticed today that if I have Wifi to turn off when the device sleeps, it doesn't reconnect when I wake it up. I have to disable wifi and then re-enable it. Even manually scanning for networks doesn't show anything until I stop and start Wifi. I have an extended battery so I don't mind leaving Wifi on during sleep but I would imagine those with stock batteries would not be too happy.

Other than those few small annoyances, I am extremely happy with the ROM.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Bob. I flashed again recently, and wow....! I can actually over clock for once.

Is it a ICS kernel? Or a GB kernel?

Bootup is fast too, especially with no offline charging! :)

Reactions: jonny5449

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
4c62d649-c9ba-a44b.jpg

Hehe, Seller's. You know I'm not good with the numbers of these kernels xD

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hey Bobzhome, I was wondering if there were any plans to make the built in wifi hotspot work? I'm asking because I sold my brothers phone to my friend (we're upgrading to the HTC Sensation 4G on T-mobiles $30 plan) And he LOVES the phone, however one of his biggest hopes was that he could play PSP online via his Phones hotspot, and the hotspot produced by "Wifi tether for root users" isn't detected by his PSP. Yet my phones (running gingerbread) built-in hotspot works just fine. And its keeping me from upgrading myself as I'm concerned that my Kindle (black and white) and my Nintendo DS lite, won't be able to access the Wifi from the app either.

So are there any plans for it to be fixed in the future? If not then thanks for a otherwise brilliant Rom! :)

Less important question, you said you're going to start working on CM10, does that mean your going to start porting it to the OV? Thanks!

Reactions: Zakman

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering, will this Hotspots violate the ToS?

I saw LeslieAnn post about the iPhone hotspots got someone kicked off the network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun