[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
*Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap*

What kind of changes are needed to make for the kernel to run on our phones? I'm guessing it has a lot of Arm7 only Assembly code?

Support for different hardware between the P700 and our phones. Off the top of my head:

* LG specific stuff related to baseband, battery, and such.
* Touchscreen drivers for Novatek and Hitachi screens.
* BCM4325 driver for wifi.
* MTD and yaffs2.

That's the bulk of it, but there may be a bit more.

I'm hoping that most of these can be copied from gingerkernel and tweaked. In fact that's what I'm doing right now...

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
sorry tdm, i had to ditch aokp... It was running great yesterday no reboots no anything. then today... well today ive had about 8 reboots in the last 15 minutes. Maybe the memory management stuff? thanks for the hard work though.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Support for different hardware between the P700 and our phones. Off the top of my head:

* MTD and yaffs2.

I'm hoping that most of these can be copied from gingerkernel and tweaked. In fact that's what I'm doing right now...

good luck!

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

* MTD and yaffs2.

So I'm assuming this kernel is from pure google source?

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't find a blue theme for aokp except COBOLt on the market but its for hpdi. Are their anymore or anyway to make it work on our phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
sorry tdm, i had to ditch aokp... It was running great yesterday no reboots no anything. then today... well today ive had about 8 reboots in the last 15 minutes. Maybe the memory management stuff? thanks for the hard work though.

Did you try the newest AOKP nightly?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Google Now app on aokp nightly 7/6 and it crashes. Apparently it is only suppose to work well on aosp roms. I thought AOKP was just AOSP on steroids. Am I wrong or missing something?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Google Now app on aokp nightly 7/6 and it crashes. Apparently it is only suppose to work well on aosp roms. I thought AOKP was just AOSP on steroids. Am I wrong or missing something?

It has a modified Code, so it can be completely different from an AOSP build.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't find a blue theme for aokp except COBOLt on the market but its for hpdi. Are their anymore or anyway to make it work on our phone

Download the theme, download a dpi changer, change dpi to hdpi(don't remember it off the top of my head), apply the theme, reboot, change dpi back to 160, enjoy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
160 is the default dpi for Quattrimus, and is MDPI, so why would you lower it to 140? It looks like 200+ is HDPI. I heard them say somewhere else in teh old Quattrimus thread to change it to 140 as well.

Maybe I just have it backwards, but when I saw you said HDPI, I noticed that HDPI isn't at 140..

I'm on some pretty strong pain meds, I don't know why I put hdpi but 140 is what you need to change it to get the themes to work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

paeperclips

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong.

I wiped everything. I flashed Quattrimus (AOKP b1) and gapps. Everything was running buttery smooth two days ago, but suddenly yesterday my Optimus started force quitting its way out of anything and everything (apps, settings, being woken up, idling at the home screen). Now it just freezes for about a minute before going into some sort of boot loop. I say boot loop because often the device won't even finish booting before it goes back to the LG screen. Sometimes it goes through but won't last a minute before it freezes and restarts again.

I went back and wiped everything a second time, repeating the flashing process. Still, the freezes and restarts keep coming back.

BTW, I haven't messed with the overclocking feature or changed the settings much aside from disabling the boot animation (jerk, etc). I don't have that many apps installed. Hell, I just uninstalled three of them right before it force restarted again. It's gotten to the point where the thing won't last 2 minutes before crapping out.

Does the fact that I'm running xionia (CWMA v1.2518.6) as my recovery of choice mean anything?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this is so much easier to spin up the ICS kernel using the P700 sources. It's almost compiling already after a couple hours of work. I spent two weeks on the other project and didn't get this far...

I hate when I realize all my hard work was in vain when there was an easier way.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is so much easier to spin up the ICS kernel using the P700 sources. It's almost compiling already after a couple hours of work. I spent two weeks on the other project and didn't get this far...

Just out of idle curiosity, what is this going to gain us? Better stability? Smaller kernel? I haven't taken the step that far yet, just wondering is all..

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

GOD I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

It makes you feel so stupid when you do that. Tried to make a simple GUI app in Linux using QT 1.0 thought that was the latest version and I was slaving away, find out I was using a REALLY old version, I almost killed myself that day. >.>

Also, not to be a puppy killer, but do you think we can have a beta test soon for the kernel?