[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha tdm I'm diggin the simple OP, very nice (; for a guy like me (who doesn't like reading books on the forum), that's great.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
happy to say google now is working on CM9

xda-developers - View Single Post - The Google Now for ICS Project. [UPDATE 7/6][NO VOICE][APK AND ZIP]

download in that post

instructions:
1.) Rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk in system/app to GoogleQuickSearchBox.bak

2.) Rename the "Velvet-theos0o-5.apk" that you downloaded (link below) to: "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk"

3.) Place the renamed .apk in the system/app folder and set the permissions to rw-r-r

4.) Reboot and enjoy!

Working:
-It boots!
-searching through the text-box works
-location services work
-info cards work
-notifications work

Not working:
-Can't exit the app using the back button on the Google Now 'Cards' screen
-Sometimes cannot submit a typed search-query
-Voice search (Jelly Bean kernel-specific, we probably won't be able to fix :-\ )
(copied from the OP of the thread)

(editing phone search options seems to cause reboot on quattrfimus)

I changed the sdk version from 15 to 16 in the build.prop but then G+ would force close randomly (but i didnt use it alot to begin with so i uninstalled it)

complete credit goes to:SilentStormer on XDA

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
adjusted-
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=500
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=32m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
ro.max.fling_velocity=8000

removed-
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Thanks so much! I'm putting these into the next nightly, except for fling_velocity because I can't see how that would affect reboots.

Everyone please test the 7/13 vs. 7/14 build, or apply these manually to see if they help.

Reactions: inceyet

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i did the fling velocity because the scrolling was off... seemed like, while scrolling, the screen couldnt keep up and would shift (for a like of a better interpretation)... this seems to help but its still mildly there... oh, and still no rr's... yea... :)

edit--- forgot one... oops...
debug.enabletr=true

Last edited:

kjmott

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out again to see if anyone has a solution.

My battery will not charge while either on cm9 or aokp. Just wondering if there is a solution anyone who had this problem got it to work.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out again to see if anyone has a solution.

My battery will not charge while either on cm9 or aokp. Just wondering if there is a solution anyone who had this problem got it to work.

Did you do a clean install? Its not a common problem with most of the people using these roms. Try to wipe everything's except SD card, and flash again, make sure md5 matches. Are you trying to charge wall outlet or USB? We need more details if you want help, its definately something on your end of things and not a rom issue.

sent from my Nokia 5110

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
running out of space ... i cannot install ANYTHING. ive partitioned my card in recovery and for some reason still get the "space error" when i view storage. internal has 120mb so i dunno...
suggestions?
Sent from my Quattrimus ICS Optimus V

Jasonboy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Before using CM9 Beta i was using CAI CM9 and my usb mass storage was working perfectly, I flashed CM9 Quattrimus and my computer won't detect my phone/ neither will laptop. The phone just charges and the dropdown mass storage never shows up. Is it a Bad flash or a damaged port. I tried 2 different usb cables before posting and 15 minutes before flashing the phone connected to the pc fine. I did the check usb debug on and off and made sure i was on mass storage

monepone

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
edit--- forgot one... oops...
debug.enabletr=true

I used build prop editor to enable this tweak and rebooted, not long after Google play was running real slow and I started getting artifacts on the screen, then my phone complete froze and I had to pull the battery. so I undid the changes in build prop editor and rebooted and everything seems back to normal.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@tdm--- well , i couldnt help myself so i overhauled the build.prop... added most of the s3 tweaks, adjusted some values, uncommented a few lines, removed a few lines, and cleaned it up a bit... ive been running it for a couple hours now and still no rr's, scrolling is smoother, data seems quicker, ui seems quicker, resolution seems much better (especially on keyboard, it used to look somewhat fuzzy)... i havent tested youtube yet to see if theres a difference, but after i post this i will... i didnt want the peeps getting confused with my posts... i attached the modified build.prop so you can have a look at it...
i love this rom!

to anyone running aokp, if you want to use this build.prop:
-download it to your sdcard
-use a root capable file manager (im using es because its color coordinated... lol) and go to /system and delete the build.prop, or make a folder on your sd called prop (or whatever) and move the original to the folder in case you want to move it back later (although i dont see why you would want to)
-now copy/move the modified build.prop to /system and paste
-save the changes
-reboot recovery
-wipe cache and dalvik
-reboot
id love any feedback... it works for me... :)

*do not flash the zip!
*unzip it, file is inside!

*link to zip, post #719*
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/186113-rom-beta-quattrimus-ics-29.html

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: inceyet

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
hey about the bluetooth hardcoded mac bug: there was a patch made to fix that a while ago--

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rgans-unofficial-cm7-1-a-221.html#post1787344

was made for iho but the code should work reguardless. it alters these two files:

brcm_patchram_plus.c
bdaddr_read.c

which are device/vendor specific and shouldnt have any effect on the rest of the rom

edit:

brcm_patchram_plus.c changes were already implemented in the default ics cm android_system_bluetooth repo. only bdaddr_read.c needs updating. I've forked cm_android_system_bluetooth gingerbread branch and applied the changes to see the differences in case it needs to be ported elsewhere:

Gingerbread brcm_patchram_plus.c changes

baddr_read.c ics changes

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19