[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this to my Optimus V and it works great. Except it won't charge via the wall adaptor anymore, only USB. I forgot to put the gapps on my SD card so I flashed them after the first boot of the ROM. Could that have something to do with it? Please help. Yes, I did make a nandroid backup before I flashed the ROM.

Try to see if it charges on another charger, or rom, abs report your findings.
Gapps would not effect charging at all.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

sega dude

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Try to see if it charges on another charger, or rom, abs report your findings.
Gapps would not effect charging at all.

I restored the nandroid backup and went back to froyo. It charged there, but it thought it was charging via USB instead of AC.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note to say that I'm using the first multi-device ROM (cm7) and had 7% battery life after a little more than 48 hours from being removed from the charger. Yes, Quattrimus CM7 has allowed me two full days without needing an electrical outlet.

Granted, I have not installed Swype or FB, haven't used BT at all, and only use GPS as needed. And I haven't been traveling around the region. But my usage has been normal (for me), and after several frustrating days of using ROMs that gave me very poor battery life, this is a very welcome change. Props to TDM!

For the curious, my OC settings are 480/600 with the msm7k governor.

Sent from my Quattrimized abacus.

This isn't cm7... Cm7 is Gingerbread, Android 2.3. This is cm9, Android 4.0.:p

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the charger is in the early stages of failure. I'd get a new one.

sent from the hip.

Not necessarily. I believe there were charging issues with the ls670 gb update, and that's what our kernel uses for a base. Unfortunately nobody has been able to find the issue and fix it, as it is pretty rare.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what my original charger started to do before it died out. Bought a new one, issue was fixed
Try using the same charger on another android phone, if it charges just fine, its the kernel issue tdm mentioned, if it still persists, you need a new charger.

Reactions: brotherswing

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. I believe there were charging issues with the ls670 gb update, and that's what our kernel uses for a base. Unfortunately nobody has been able to find the issue and fix it, as it is pretty rare.

If he's having the same issue on froyo, its the charger, and not the kernel/ROM.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9. Need offline charging or I'd stick with BobZ CM9.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9. Need offline charging or I'd stick with BobZ CM9.

You can overclock this CM9. The stuff is in settings> performance

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9.

Someone else remarked that your mileage may vary, but I've had very poor results from overclocking both with Quattrimus (both CM9 and AOKP) and with BobZ's CM9. On the other hand, I've found I get very good battery life with Quattrimus CM9 (see my post from earlier today for details).

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Someone else remarked that your mileage may vary, but I've had very poor results from overclocking both with Quattrimus (both CM9 and AOKP) and with BobZ's CM9. On the other hand, I've found I get very good battery life with Quattrimus CM9 (see my post from earlier today for details).

Has anyone else been able to reproduce his mileage? 48 hours is quite a feat.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else been able to reproduce his mileage? 48 hours is quite a feat.

I should also note that this was after a clean wipe. Dirty flashes have been a crap shoot for me.

The real test will be the next couple days, as I've got a little traveling to do.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I should also note that this was after a clean wipe. Dirty flashes have been a crap shoot for me.

The real test will be the next couple days, as I've got a little traveling to do.

Can't wait to hear the final verdict.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a screenshot of this 48 hours? Time is messed up on ICS, and I went 5 hours, lost 30%, checked battery usage, and it said it was on for 1h 48m

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a screenshot of this 48 hours? Time is messed up on ICS, and I went 5 hours, lost 30%, checked battery usage, and it said it was on for 1h 48m

No screenshots, sorry. Unplugged my phone at about half past noon on Sunday, left it on and unplugged until about quarter to two this afternoon. I have no reliable battery monitor app.

Sent from my Quattrimized Abacus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty