[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
There isn't much detail on the remaining bugs (for LS670). Would somebody please tell me how bad they are?
1) HQ video. Can I watch SD YouTube videos no problem?
2) Deep sleep bug/power drain. How bad is it? How much less battery life relative to GB ROMs?
3) Clock lag. Would my phone likely becom unreliable as a timepiece? As an alarm clock?
4) Random reboots. Roughly how frequent (on an LS670)?

A note on the alarm clock -- I haven't had any issues with it missing my alarms, even if the time itself doesn't update. I don't have ClockSync installed, but I do not use the built-in alarm clock, I use Alarm Clock Plus from the Play store. (Awesome app, btw.)

Tasker should be able to do that, though it's not a free app...

The phone should do this automatically, but OP's question was vague.

Do you want 3G to turn -off- or just the phone to switch to Wi-Fi? As long as you have Wi-Fi turned on, your phone should connect automatically to a known network within range.

Reactions: RazzMaTazz

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Alarm clock works fine without clocksync guys. The clock lag is in the notification bar and lock screen. Don't believe me? Download clocksync and check the system time before you do anything else with it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you want 3G to turn -off- or just the phone to switch to Wi-Fi? As long as you have Wi-Fi turned on, your phone should connect automatically to a known network within range.

sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. i leave wifi and mobile data on all the time. until it hiccups, and then i usually toggle wifi off/on and it works again...just wondering if that's been ironed out at all.

i'll live with it i guess.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Alarm clock works fine without clocksync guys. The clock lag is in the notification bar and lock screen. Don't believe me? Download clocksync and check the system time before you do anything else with it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Without ClockSync, my system time can be off by up to fifteen minutes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I don't use clocksync and my phone is my alarm clock. The system is keeping accurate time, it just doesn't display the accurate time. That is until you rotate the screen. Then it updates correctly. I don't feel the need to run an extra app just to save me the effort of rotating my phone. My alarm has never failed me (on this rom, anyway) and I haven't been late for work, so I guess to me it isn't a problem. :rolleyes:

sent from here to there...

Reactions: purpulehaze

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. i leave wifi and mobile data on all the time. until it hiccups, and then i usually toggle wifi off/on and it works again...just wondering if that's been ironed out at all.

i'll live with it i guess.

I have the same issue. If I leave my phone sitting around for a couple of house the wifi connection gets dropped and doesn't reconnect when I wake it back up. A simple toggle of the wifi from the notification bar gets it to reconnect.

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I don't use clocksync and my phone is my alarm clock. The system is keeping accurate time, it just doesn't display the accurate time. That is until you rotate the screen. Then it updates correctly. I don't feel the need to run an extra app just to save me the effort of rotating my phone. My alarm has never failed me (on this rom, anyway) and I haven't been late for work, so I guess to me it isn't a problem. :rolleyes:

Rotation fixes the status bar time display, but the "Ice Cream Sandwich Clock" widget I have on my home screen doesn't pick up the correction. Only the clock sync app (which I have set to sync every 15 minutes since every 30 seconds seems excessive) works on it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. If I leave my phone sitting around for a couple of house the wifi connection gets dropped and doesn't reconnect when I wake it back up. A simple toggle of the wifi from the notification bar gets it to reconnect.

I had that issue when I was on Backside, but since changing to Quattrimus CM9, it hasn't happened at all.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Rotation fixes the status bar time display, but the "Ice Cream Sandwich Clock" widget I have on my home screen doesn't pick up the correction. Only the clock sync app (which I have set to sync every 15 minutes since every 30 seconds seems excessive) works on it.

Ah...I use Fancy Widgets, that seems to stay in closer sync.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Been getting a new market error now. When trying to download free apps, i get "error processing purchase (DF-BPA-09)" That's for free apps, not paid apps. Anybody else getting this? Also, tried clearing market cache and data, then in recovery, cleared cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got that. Clear the data for Google Services Framework. You might need to reflash gapps afterwards. When it happened to me (yesterday) I got it fixed, but the calendar went missing.

Reactions: dingermtb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38