[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys i need help my phone died and wouldnt charge got stuck in bootloop and doesnt go more than the gray lg letters screen it goes on and off in the same screen i really need help with this

Sounds like a charging or battery issue to me

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The battery is to low to start the phone. Plug in the charger, and hold down the home, volume down, and power buttons. When it gets into the recovery, leave it charging that way overnight.

Repensum Est Canicula

ansark

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I hate to bring this issue up again, but I'm having the same problem with my apps not ending up on my SD card. I made a 2ish GB partition (in recovery), downloaded a couple of apps (astro file manager, swiftkey), and when I checked in settings I found that the apps were on the internal memory. I wiped everything, reflashed the quattrimus rom, and tried again with the same result. The data/ directory is empty, but the sd-ext/ directory is empty as well.

I'm new around here and have just been reading threads to build up a small amount of knowledge. I don't know if any of this will help but some things I noticed:
When making the partition, I was only able to specify partition size (2048? M) and the swap size (0 M). I wasn't able to specify the partition type (ext3/ext4 etc).
In Astro File Manager, the sd-ext folder isn't in the sd card directory, it's just on the phone.
When I used the regular functionality to move apps to the sd card (for the apps that allow this), only a fraction of the app is moved (e.g. 1.7 MB of Titanium Backup shows up on internal memory, and 7.1 MB show up on the sd card in settings).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT

Also, I took a look at the SD card using disk utility and the partition is unmounted and I don't seem to be able to mount it. Could that be the issue?

Last edited:

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm also here to ask a somewhat similar question. I'm running out of room on internal and I'm not sure what's installed on it. It's getting so bad that I can't download new apps as I only have 25 megs free. I've noticed that some apps do not have the "move to phone" or "move to sd card" option. Is there a way to move these or do they have to be in internal memory? Also, is there a way to have Play store download apps to the sd card rather than internal? I've got tons of space on sd. This is my _only_ problem with this rom. Sure wish I could fix this issue. Thanks.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also here to ask a somewhat similar question. I'm running out of room on internal and I'm not sure what's installed on it. It's getting so bad that I can't download new apps as I only have 25 megs free. I've noticed that some apps do not have the "move to phone" or "move to sd card" option. Is there a way to move these or do they have to be in internal memory? Also, is there a way to have Play store download apps to the sd card rather than internal? I've got tons of space on sd. This is my _only_ problem with this rom. Sure wish I could fix this issue. Thanks.

If you have an sd-ext partition on your sdcard Quatrimus will move all apps there automatically. Assuming you don't have one setup, backup your sdcard to a pc, boot to recovery, under advanced I think all recoveries have the partition sdcard option. Create a partition that's about 10 percent of the whole sdcard size.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you have an sd-ext partition on your sdcard Quatrimus will move all apps there automatically. Assuming you don't have one setup, backup your sdcard to a pc, boot to recovery, under advanced I think all recoveries have the partition sdcard option. Create a partition that's about 10 percent of the whole sdcard size.

Guess I should have been clearer. Yes, I do have an sd-ext partition and apps are stored there. My problem is that not all apps are stored there. It seems like some apps do not go there and they do not have the option to be moved to the sd card (button is greyed out) under app settings for that app. Because of this, I am running out of space and now I can't updated larger apps like Facebook and Where's My Water. Says there's not enough space on internal memory. I've done all I can to move things to SD but now I'm stuck in a low space situation. Any ideas?

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about the error message that pops up when you try to update apps, if you Google it, you'll see that it seems to be an issue that affects other phones and ROMs, with various theories and supposed fixes. I find that sometimes trying multiple times to update the app will eventually work, or rebooting, or going into the manage apps menu and manually clearing the larger caches I find.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you're running out of room on the small internal memory partition, you can manually move the data file of apps that have a large data file to the sd card Ext3 partition using Titanium Backup. That cleared a lot of memory for me. I previously posted how to do this (Backup/Restore tab, long click on app, select move data). It's slow at moving, so be patient. It moves the data and creates a link to make it appear local.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok uhm just wondering if possible that I can disable the button on top of the camera one on the side because whenever I push it it shows my recent apps but I think its broken because even the slightest touch and it shows or it shows randomly and pisses me off so is there any way to disable it?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok uhm just wondering if possible that I can disable the button on top of the camera one on the side because whenever I push it it shows my recent apps but I think its broken because even the slightest touch and it shows or it shows randomly and pisses me off so is there any way to disable it?

Yes, there's a key mapper apk on xda.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there's a key mapper apk on xda.

I hate to degrade the quattrimus thread with further off-topic conversation, but did want to pass on useful info.
the best keymapper I've ever seen is here
but even it won't return the keycode for that button, since the button overrides the app while it's running.
You'll have to find the button in your keymap by name, and disable it there.
a little info on keylayouts is here on xda
and the 'real deal' full list of possible key events straight from Google is here
you're probably after "SEARCH" or maybe "APP_SWITCH" in the keymap file.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey haven't used this rom on a min due to the video lag like on YouTube ...was there a new release that fixed it or is there a work around it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums