[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
He (thekraven) may not have the phone anymore but he has been following the kitkat? Thread and has provided helpfull tips and suggestions to try and move things along for us

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
By the way CyanogenMod can be built to run on zvj if we found enough reason to do it. I've played around with building cm7 for zvj a while back and the 3 libs from the zvj patch can replace the ones in the thunderc device folder just fine and the ROM produced will run on zvj radio

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ohbobva

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have been following this discussion.

I was hoping someone would have a moment to offer any suggestions for my situation. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I have an LG Optimus V (VM670) originally from Virgin Mobile USA. It is currently activated and working on a different Sprint based MVNO. Calls and texts work.

I have run into the problem that changes made to the EVDO/data/username settings do not persist. I was hoping to get mobile data working but can't figure out how to get it to keep the new settings. Also, I'm looking for some of the default settings that would be listed under "data profile" in the data programming menu. Perhaps someone can offer a screenshot?

Running 2.2.2 stock but rooted.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
1: Install anycut.apk
2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined

5. Hit back and the phone will reboot

You should now be able to make the necessary changes to get your data working

Edit: I might also ask what programs your using to make the changes and your process? If your not using lgnpst to read the phone settings then changes made with other programs won't stick because they don't unlock it fully

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ohbobva

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
1: Install anycut.apk
2: Run anycut and "create shortcut"-"Activity"-"LG HIDDEN DATA" and hit ok
3: Return to desktop and open the shortcut
4: go into CDG2 Data Settings and change PPP CARRIER from Sprint to Undetermined

5. Hit back and the phone will reboot

You should now be able to make the necessary changes to get your data working

Edit: I might also ask what programs your using to make the changes and your process? If your not using lgnpst to read the phone settings then changes made with other programs won't stick because they don't unlock it fully

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your fast reply! I will try this now.

I had been using cdmaDevTerm. I have had trouble finding a trustworthy source for Anycut. Any suggestions? Same thing for lgnpst. I see several versions mentioned on XDA and AF. I will keep looking unless folks here can point me in the right direction.

Also, I'm looking for the default values on the Data Profile screen (##DATA#, Data Profile). When messing around with this, I changed the SPIs and IPs to match another phone on the same carrier. I lost my notes so I'm not sure what the original values were and if I should put them back.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can't find the .apk ( not available anymore), I can upload it to my Mediafire account so you can download.

Edit:
Go here: http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-appdroid-anycut-jpBC.aspx
Open up a barcode scanning app (I use Barcode Scanner). Go to the barcode to the right of the post. Click the option to open browser (or whatever option allows you to go to the PlayStore).
Note: I'm on a Jellybean ROM and it wasn't available, but it should be if your on a Froyo/stock ROM.
This is the Any Cut .apk you need.
If still not available I will upload mine to my Mediafire account so you can download to your phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38