Quattrimus and Link2SD?

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
None of my apps are on my SD card, I'd have to automatically move them. Am I doing something wrong?

With Link2SD I can wipe cache and dalvik cache, what's a suitable app that I can use in replacement of Link2SD?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
bump, help!

You need to make a ext4 partition of either 512mb or 1gb on your sdcard, and then wipe dalvik cache.
Backup your sdcard to your computer before you partition it.

Quattrimus does not support link2sd, this is mentioned in the first post of the Quattrimus thread.

A very simple 4 step procedure that I use with Minitool Partition Wizard:

1.) Connect your Optimus to your computer and mount the SD card.
2.) Open Minitool Partition Wizard, resize the SD card, leave 512mb or 1-2gb of free space.
3.) Create a new ext4 partition with the free space, mark it as primary, apply changes.
4.) Disconnect your Optimus and reboot it.

The procedure above does NOT wipe out your SD Card, unlike the Recovery method.

There are also no apps needed in place of link2sd, just uninstall it, repartition your sdcard with ext4, and the rest is done automatically after you reflash quattrimus.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
nitestalkr, your post that you quoted would make a great sticky. i had been following this tutorial that i found ( http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/364833-link2sd-you-tutorial.html ) that says to make a fat32 partition for ov's and that was why i had been pulling my hair out about built-in sd scripts lately

The fat32 is for link2sd to convert it to an ext I think.. but since link2sd doesn't work with that rom, you gotta make it ext(4 is better) instead, which is as simple aas making it fat32. :p

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
You need to make a ext4 partition of either 512mb or 1gb on your sdcard, and then wipe dalvik cache.
Backup your sdcard to your computer before you partition it.

Quattrimus does not support link2sd, this is mentioned in the first post of the Quattrimus thread.

There are also no apps needed in place of link2sd, just uninstall it, repartition your sdcard with ext4, and the rest is done automatically after you reflash quattrimus.

thanks for all the help!

i have no idea what a ext4 partition is and how to make it, sigh....

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ext4 is a filesystem format like fat32. If you tell me what operating system you are running I may be able to help you get it formatted.

Sent from my VM670 with LS670ZVJ using Tapatalk 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa