04-16-2014 07:47 AM
1,173 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Did you even look at it throughout that time?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Yes, sent probably about 30 texts throughout the day
    09-19-2012 03:55 PM
    Interesting. Would these work to speed up the Optimus S as well? (Amphetamines alond pretty much did nothing...)
    Yes I tried on ics and jb and both smoother than silk

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Shinkenred likes this.
    09-19-2012 03:57 PM
    Yes, sent probably about 30 texts throughout the day
    Gingerbread isn't even that good for me, 2%? Sorry I just don't believe that not trying to be rude

09-19-2012 04:03 PM
    Gingerbread isn't even that good for me, 2%? Sorry I just don't believe that not trying to be rude

Why would Ginger bread be better than JB? That's like saying "my windows 95 wouldn't even do that?" Not trying to be rude but it made me laugh when I read it.

09-19-2012 04:08 PM
    Why would Ginger bread be better than JB? That's like saying "my windows 95 wouldn't even do that?" Not trying to be rude but it made me laugh when I read it.

ICS and JB on my phone drain battery faster regardless of what your doing then what Gingerbread and Froyo do. I don't think its fair to compare computers to my statement because you don't port XP to work on a Windows 95 Computer. It either works or doesn't and it comes straight from Microsoft, this Rom isn't straight from Google so there for I find it unfair to compare the two. This shouldn't have been on our phone but people like BobZHome made it possible. I'm pretty sure its a known fact that CM10, CM9 drain battery faster then CM7 on the Optimus V, if anything I said is wrong anybody is free to correct me.

redrunner1985 likes this.
    09-19-2012 04:17 PM
    ICS and JB on my phone drain battery faster regardless of what your doing then what Gingerbread and Froyo do. I don't think its fair to compare computers to my statement because you don't port XP to work on a Windows 95 Computer. It either works or doesn't and it comes straight from Microsoft, this Rom isn't straight from Google so there for I find it unfair to compare the two. This shouldn't have been on our phone but people like BobZHome made it possible. I'm pretty sure its a known fact that CM10, CM9 drain battery faster then CM7 on the Optimus V, if anything I said is wrong anybody is free to correct me.

I think it depends on what you do. And a lot has to do with signal strength. I notice considerable battery drain regardless of ROM if I pull in not only a weak signal but the dBm is consistently hovering over 80 and definitely over 95, pushing to what I think is a max of 106 in my area but in ICS and JB, it's more magnified.

Right now, my first full day on this ROM, I've been off my charger since 6:15 this morning, it is almost 4:30 (in Chicago) and I have 38% battery w/several app updates, listening to TuneIn Radio Pro, my Facebook notifications, pushing email from 6 accounts, texts and 3 long phone calls. Personally, I think that is impressive for ICS or JB...
    09-19-2012 04:24 PM
    I think it depends on what you do. And a lot has to do with signal strength. I notice considerable battery drain regardless of ROM if I pull in not only a weak signal but the dBm is consistently hovering over 80 and definitely over 95, pushing to what I think is a max of 106 in my area but in ICS and JB, it's more magnified.

Right now, my first full day on this ROM, I've been off my charger since 6:15 this morning, it is almost 4:30 (in Chicago) and I have 38% battery w/several app updates, listening to TuneIn Radio Pro, my Facebook notifications, pushing email from 6 accounts, texts and 3 long phone calls. Personally, I think that is impressive for ICS or JB...
    Yes it is very impressive, I'm not calling anybody a lier all I'm saying is I'd have to see a 2% battery drain in 7 hours on Jelly Bean for myself to believe it. I couldn't even get that close on Froyo.

09-19-2012 04:30 PM
    I am amazed! I charged my phone to 100% around 7 A.M. It is now 3:30 P.M. and I have only lost 2%! I had data and sync enabled! But, I do believe the only reason it drained 2% is that there is a bug with data, and it will turn off when in deep sleep(I believe).
    I might have had a problem with 3G going in and out when I flashed Amphetamines, but when I reverted back to a backup where it hadn't been flashed, I have had no problem except once during a phone call when it would get stuck on 1X voice and had to use the data switch on 3G Watchdog to toggle off and then back on.
    09-19-2012 04:32 PM
    I'd have to see it myself as well. If Google had it their way this would have been on our phones but as far as carriers and manufacturers go a software upgrade for us is a missed new phone sale for them.

StumDroid likes this.
    09-19-2012 04:35 PM
    Yes it is very impressive, I'm not calling anybody a lier all I'm saying is I'd have to see a 2% battery drain in 7 hours on Jelly Bean for myself to believe it. I couldn't even get that close on Froyo.

It was kind of close to what I once got one day on MiRage. I do notice on ICS and also on JB, the drain is even more so when using Spotify for even 20 minutes...has anyone noticed that using Spotify (either streaming from Radio or Premium)?
    09-19-2012 04:35 PM
    How come I can't install Emjoi keyboard? It says it's installed but doesn't work... I try to reboot and it says I need to reinstall it again. Help.
    09-19-2012 05:40 PM
    Tried all 4 I/O schedulers but phone still goes into an unwakeable sleep.
    09-19-2012 07:33 PM
    Tried all 4 I/O schedulers but phone still goes into an unwakeable sleep.
    That's a new one...can you get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg after the phone reboots?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Confirmed, we still have a data issue...it happened to me today
    09-19-2012 08:05 PM
    That's a new one...can you get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg after the phone reboots?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Confirmed, we still have a data issue...it happened to me today
    It'd be awesome if the data thing was fixed next update

09-19-2012 08:50 PM
    It'd be awesome if the data thing was fixed next update

It'll get fixed when it gets fixed....

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Anonymo and redrunner1985 like this.
    09-19-2012 08:56 PM
    I'd have to see it myself as well. If Google had it their way this would have been on our phones but as far as carriers and manufacturers go a software upgrade for us is a missed new phone sale for them.

Actually this is not true... ICS and JB dropped without armv6 support, it had to be added in. So, its partly googles fault that we dont have an official update (not that we would anyway)

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    A-android-B likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:00 PM
    Just an fyi, i tried that scheduler on my zv5 (glass) optimus v, and then it would reboot almost every other time you went to settings. thats with 0 tweaks and mods. (hadnt even used the play store yet.) so that may not be the root cause. but im doing a lil more work to see how well i can replicate it, i wanna find out whats causing these new screen phones to fail, its not like the processor is different.
    Changing to deadline worked for me too. Was stuck at 480-600 but now ive been stable at 480-787. I have had a few data issues the last day or two tho, its my first time with this issue. I never had any problems with any other build of this rom
    09-19-2012 10:37 PM
    HELP HELP?I flashed the egl patch and in broke root!!!! What was this I didn't study it because someone said it was to make phone better how can I reroot or what do I do thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    09-20-2012 12:52 AM
    HELP HELP?I flashed the egl patch and in broke root!!!! What was this I didn't study it because someone said it was to make phone better how can I reroot or what do I do thanks

You didn't lose root. Just go into recovery and wipe and flash again. Or use your backup you made before flashing the patch.

If you forgot to backup then there is a lesson here. Backup often and before flashing anything.

Hope that helps.
    09-20-2012 12:59 AM
    You didn't lose root. Just go into recovery and wipe and flash again. Or use your backup you made before flashing the patch.

If you forgot to backup then there is a lesson here. Backup often and before flashing anything.

Hope that helps.
    when this guy said.....
    09-20-2012 01:10 AM

Hope that helps.
    Yea forgot to back up but oh well thanks. What is the egl patch by the way?

09-20-2012 01:13 AM
    Yea forgot to back up but oh well thanks. What is the egl patch by the way?

Disable CPU rendering

09-20-2012 07:00 AM
    Disable CPU rendering

great explaination... the egl patch is a tweak that disables cpu rendering, which means the gpu is doing all of the graphics, allowing the CPU to process what its supposed to and not get overloaded. this made everything smother overall for me
    ganggreen30 likes this.
    09-20-2012 11:33 AM
    ive always wondered.. does it cause any known problems? (egl patch)
    09-20-2012 11:42 AM
    ive always wondered.. does it cause any known problems? (egl patch)
    nope, just graphics preformance improvements
    09-20-2012 11:47 AM
1,173 ... 2021222324 ...