[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just for documenting here, I didn't follow clodfelterac's instructions. I basically just followed the devs instructions at XDA in that all I did was flash the script.

so basically my steps were:
1) wipe data, cache, sd-ext, dalvik
2) partition sd-card (2gb sd-ext, 0 swap)
3) mount sdcard
4) adb push bobz rom, gapps, a2sd++ scripts
5) flashed Bobz rom
6) flashed gapps
7) flashed a2sd++
8) reboot

I tried just flashing a clean wipe with the a2sd++ script and it didnt stick. I ended up removing the scripts in clodfelterac's post (post #202) and adding the 40a2sd script manually to the rom instead and it now sticks very well. Thanks for the help :)

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Notice: I'm running this in the S.

Anyone else's headphones not work? I plug them in and it just plays out of the phone speaker.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This ROM is great. Been using it as my daily for almost a week now. The only issues Im having are 3g going in and out :what:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug that's already been stated but when I take my phone out of air plain mode after a couple classes my 3G won't turn on. So I have to reboot to turn it on.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a "fix", but, if you're going to have your phone in airplane mode and be in class, why not just turn it off?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I do turn airplane mode off but the 3G won't turn on
And I only have it in airplane mood to save battery

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Right, but, are you using your phone in class? If not, just turn it off instead of turning airplane mode on. Then, you save even -more- battery, and you don't have to reboot to get 3G working.

Reactions: ZackVortex

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
How about turning sound off or put it in your pocket even on vibrate you can't hear it that's what I do every morning in class

Sent from a humblebeast

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I do turn airplane mode off but the 3G won't turn on
And I only have it in airplane mood to save battery

Same happens to me. I believe its still a problem with the ril

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

landaile

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
First off, thank you for this nice rom. It runs quite nicely on my phone

Except...

I must be doing something wrong. I have taken the advise here and gotten the a2sd++ script, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I first tried to wipe everything, install fresh rom, install gapps, install a2sd++ script, but it still ate the app space up and I have maybe 10 apps and the phone is complaining about lack of space. I then started from scratch again, wiped everything, installed the rom, gapps, a2sd++, but this time I remove the other init scripts as suggested. Still, no luck. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I don't know what exactly happened the first time I flashed a2sd++ but I went to verify that everything was in the /system/etc/init.d folder and make sure it had the correct permissions and found that it was a 0 byte file. Reflash it and everything moved to sd-ext and I have 1.8mg used and 177 free.

So to recap what worked for me was to wipe everything, install the rom, install gapps, install a2sd++ script, adb shell in while still in recovery and deleted everything but the banner script and the 40a2sd script. Hope this helps someone else, if not hopefully its at least entertaining to someone.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
First off, thank you for this nice rom. It runs quite nicely on my phone

Well, I don't know what exactly happened the first time I flashed a2sd++ but I went to verify that everything was in the /system/etc/init.d folder and make sure it had the correct permissions and found that it was a 0 byte file. Reflash it and everything moved to sd-ext and I have 1.8mg used and 177 free.

So to recap what worked for me was to wipe everything, install the rom, install gapps, install a2sd++ script, adb shell in while still in recovery and deleted everything but the banner script and the 40a2sd script. Hope this helps someone else, if not hopefully its at least entertaining to someone.

Thanks again!

I believe you have to remove some of the implemented scripts from the int.d folder located in system/etc/int.d . Then I would remove the file 40a2d file from the .zip (also located in system/etc/int.d of the .zip) , slap it in the int.d folder, and reboot. You can go back in this thread to see which int.d files need to be removed.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug that's already been stated but when I take my phone out of air plain mode after a couple classes my 3G won't turn on. So I have to reboot to turn it on.

How long do you wait after turning off airplane mode before deciding that 3g wont reactivate? I ask because i turn on and off airplane mode daily; there is no service at my house so I have to or else the battery drains in a matter of hours.

On my phone it takes a few minutes, but it does reactivate.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Bob,

I'm still using this rom as my daily (for more than 2 weeks now) and I love it! I've asked this question in other posts, but I don't think I've ever asked you directly. Sorry if I have. The last thing I want to do is annoy my favorite rom builder.

On the stock rom I would usually make calls using my earbuds and the phone's built-in microphone. I find it more convenient since I have my earbuds in all day anyway, and it's also nice to keep my little radiation box away from my brain.

This method does not work on any of the CM roms I've tried (7.2, 9.0, 9.1, and now 10). It's not just yours, but every build I've tried. Would it be difficult to make this possible?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
How long do you wait after turning off airplane mode before deciding that 3g wont reactivate? I ask because i turn on and off airplane mode daily; there is no service at my house so I have to or else the battery drains in a matter of hours.

On my phone it takes a few minutes, but it does reactivate.

I leave airplane mode on for like an hour and than turn it off and after like 10 min it still won't turn on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress