[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok the new version uses a2sd++ so theoretically space shouldn't be an issue anymore correct

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Well to answer my own question, space is no longer a factor. Have all my apps and still have around 140mb left

DudeOfAwesome

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The folks that had the original a2sd++ installed may have issues, because it was also moving apps-private and apps-data to your sd-ext. I was having a lot of weird issue with my phone, until I realized what the problem was. My edited version of a2sd++ leaves the info on the phone, so it gets wiped when you go to flash a new rom.

So is there a way for us who are using the official a2sd++ to be able to update, and not have to wipe our phones? could someone simply right a script to move all of the apps-private and apps-data back to the internal memory? Or could you use the official version of a2sd++?

Until either of those happen, another work around should be to flash your ROM, and then delete your a2sd++ script, and flash the official version over it, right?

Thanks for all your hard work bob!

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna give it a try for a week. No data problems so far on this build (I'm on ZV4, but I had data problems on the last build. I'm liking it so far. Great job Bobz! I just wish Google Now was working.

This space intentionally left blank.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna give it a try for a week. No data problems so far on this build (I'm on ZV4, but I had data problems on the last build. I'm liking it so far. Great job Bobz! I just wish Google Now was working.

He will prolly work out Google now when important bugs are fixed as gnow is not a big issue

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Same here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
??? I'm wanting to try out this rom I'm currently on quattrimus the question I am wondering is just to try it out do I have to format my SD ext? Cause if so that would be a bummer. Any info on this. If I do decide to switch permanently I would erase my SD ext but don't want to just to try it out. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
??? I'm wanting to try out this rom I'm currently on quattrimus the question I am wondering is just to try it out do I have to format my SD ext? Cause if so that would be a bummer. Any info on this. If I do decide to switch permanently I would erase my SD ext but don't want to just to try it out. Thanks.

It is highly suggested to do a full wipe especially from a different rom. Though I think BobZ had mentioned before that he didn't wipe his sd-ext before in previous flashing of roms. If you want to ensure best possible functionality I would full wipe, including sd-ext.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

You could do a nandroid first and give it a shot without formatting sd-ext. As long as it's an ext3 partition, and there's a good chunk of room still available, you might be ok. I have a feeling you're not gonna want to go back to quattrimus after playing with this rom, so I'd just back it up and format it.

Fantastic build Bob!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I just tried this rom out today from quatt. I didn't need to format SD ext but I did do data wipe cache wipe n dalvik twice. Worked just fine

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So is there a way for us who are using the official a2sd++ to be able to update, and not have to wipe our phones? could someone simply right a script to move all of the apps-private and apps-data back to the internal memory? Or could you use the official version of a2sd++?

Until either of those happen, another work around should be to flash your ROM, and then delete your a2sd++ script, and flash the official version over it, right?

Thanks for all your hard work bob!
Easiest way to get rid of those folders is to format your sd-ext, but the sucks because then you have to re-install everything. Another way is to put sdcard in PC and remove those folders. Also a file manager maybe able to delete those folders...I'm not sure since they are mounted. Another idea is to do an advance restore of your sd-ext before you flashed a2sd++.

Just make a backup...then just format everything EXCEPT sdcard and sd-ext.

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way to get rid of those folders is to format your sd-ext, but the sucks because then you have to re-install everything. Another way is to put sdcard in PC and remove those folders. Also a file manager maybe able to delete those folders...I'm not sure since they are mounted. Another idea is to do an advance restore of your sd-ext before you flashed a2sd++.

Just make a backup...then just format everything EXCEPT sdcard and sd-ext.

If you did partition your SD card, is there a specific method when wiping and flashing a new rom? I did it once, but I lost all my titanium backup data.+

I currently have a partition and run CM9 and when I updated to Beta2 or trying JB, I lose all backup data for titanium.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you did partition your SD card, is there a specific method when wiping and flashing a new rom? I did it once, but I lost all my titanium backup data.+

I currently have a partition and run CM9 and when I updated to Beta2 or trying JB, I lose all backup data for titanium.

You can either do a manual backup of your sd-ext partition by mounting your sd-card in a PC, or through an advanced nandroid in CWM Recovery.

DudeOfAwesome

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

but what do those two folders include? are they important data files for the apps that include settings etc?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
From what I'm reading on here, it seems that some people haven't had any data problems, at least since the 8/31 build, but others still do. My Optimus V still disconnects occasionally. Sometimes I can get it back on by toggling Airplane Mode and/or mobile data, but other times a reboot is necessary. Has anybody had data problems but got them resolved? If so, what was done to fix it? Is there something else I can try? I don't believe the problem is my device, because I flashed back to Bob's ICS ROM and it worked fine. I'm on the ZV9 baseband, FWIW. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I'm reading on here, it seems that some people haven't had any data problems, at least since the 8/31 build, but others still do. My Optimus V still disconnects occasionally. Sometimes I can get it back on by toggling Airplane Mode and/or mobile data, but other times a reboot is necessary. Has anybody had data problems but got them resolved? If so, what was done to fix it? Is there something else I can try? I don't believe the problem is my device, because I flashed back to Bob's ICS ROM and it worked fine. I'm on the ZV9 baseband, FWIW. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Same is happening to me. I'm on zv5

daddy4life09

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also wake up to my device not having data,airplane mode on an off has worked thus far,wifi for some reason has troubles loading everytime i try to use it so have stuck to 3g...other than the artifacts in gallery when taking a picture an in panorama mode the rom runs great hope they can get the video camera going an these lil things worked out...great work!!!

edit: I am on zv4 btw

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a habitual user of Swiftkey 3 as my keyboard of choice. I didn't try it on the last build, but it doesn't want to stick on this build. I can get it set as the default input, but it always seems to switch back. I'll do some more testing to see if I can find the trigger. Anyone else having trouble with a third party keyboard?