[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

I finally got around to flashing your rom this afternoon bigsupersquid, been stuck on my last build from back in January. The 2/21 OS2SD version is running fine for me so far. It's great seeing KitKat working so well on the OV. Thanks for your hard work on this.
your original work and thekraven's various fixes, repo, and suggestions got me where I am now. (Not to mention androidarmv6 and of course cm.) Without everyone's contributions it'd all be much less cool than it is now. TechVendetta made a nice TWRP build too, I'm looking forward to the source.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm playing around with my ov again but I'm having a hard time finding the gapps link for the os2sd version

Edit:Nvm got it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Got the os2sd version running now. Thanks for your work on this bigsupersquid. Any chance you'd be able to help me with a Verizon/page plus patch? Looking at the one for mirage rom it doesn't look to bad

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Got the os2sd version running now. Thanks for your work on this bigsupersquid. Any chance you'd be able to help me with a Verizon/page plus patch? Looking at the one for mirage rom it doesn't look to bad

Code:
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-verizon
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310004
gsm.operator.alpha=Verizon
gsm.operator.numeric=310004
in build.prop
there's changes I don't know without decompilation in Mms.apk,TelephonyProvider.apk, and framework plus the apns. And I don't have the overlays.
There's a fair chance changing the build.prop and apns-conf will grab service ok but mms/sms may or may not work without building in the overlay xml.

Like zemm's problem, I could probably grab from bobzhome's stuff, but I'm too pinched on time as it is getting behind in school playing with my hobby. And 'not getting enough done' at home, bah. I'd totally dev Android and kernel full-time if I had my druthers. Maybe some day I'll be independently wealthy or make my money freelance programming, then I can.

Last edited:

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

I gotta say, the wife gavs me a choice today. I could upgrade my OV, or get a tablet. Due to your ROM and work on the OV, I decided to go the tablet route and keep this little beast. Thanks for all your hard work along with the other devs. You've given me a reason to keep my OV.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I gotta say, the wife gavs me a choice today. I could upgrade my OV, or get a tablet. Due to your ROM and work on the OV, I decided to go the tablet route and keep this little beast. Thanks for all your hard work along with the other devs. You've given me a reason to keep my OV.

Sent from my ZombieKat 4.4.2-VM670 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
My inner Scotsman is very pleased that I saved you money, or at least got you a new toy... and that's a very high-end geeky compliment regarding 4-year-old 'obsolete' hardware.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Code:
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-verizon
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Verizon_Wireless
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310004
gsm.operator.alpha=Verizon
gsm.operator.numeric=310004
in build.prop
there's changes I don't know without decompilation in Mms.apk,TelephonyProvider.apk, and framework plus the apns. And I don't have the overlays.
There's a fair chance changing the build.prop and apns-conf will grab service ok but mms/sms may or may not work without building in the overlay xml.

Like zemm's problem, I could probably grab from bobzhome's stuff, but I'm too pinched on time as it is getting behind in school playing with my hobby. And 'not getting enough done' at home, bah. I'd totally dev Android and kernel full-time if I had my druthers. Maybe some day I'll be independently wealthy or make my money freelance programming, then I can.

Actually the rom works fine without moding on Verizon/Page Plus with the exception of 2 things. No mms and everywhere it should say Verizon it still says virgin mobile. Neither is a deal breaker for me anyway

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure how much I can support the internal installs.
My personal preference is the OS2SD, and that's what all my concentration goes into.
Also I goobered something in the internal part of my repo and since the last uploaded build, any internal builds that I get made are about 15Mb too big for system.
I'll have to rebase off TheJBC again to fix it and not sure when I'll get to that.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Actually the rom works fine without moding on Verizon/Page Plus with the exception of 2 things. No mms and everywhere it should say Verizon it still says virgin mobile. Neither is a deal breaker for me anyway

edit your build prop and change those lines... push the apns-conf from the conversion zip to /system/etc, delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db and reboot.
or try this View attachment fix.zip which does all that. took like 5 min to make.
may work without the overlay folders, unless the uaProf url and stuff are actually important. they didn't break mms on the virgin conversion from thekraven's roms and his source doesn't have vm overlays.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'll try tonight and see what I get. thanks again. I love these os2sd roms soo much more room all around

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I tried the internal ro, and it was impressive, so I switched to OS2SD.

Everything boots fine, but gapps doesn't seem to flash properly... Any tips?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I tried the internal ro, and it was impressive, so I switched to OS2SD.

Everything boots fine, but gapps doesn't seem to flash properly... Any tips?
you have to use the sd version of the gapps. TWRP is twitchy at me about flashing anything but fresh ROM zips. Maybe try the philz recovery from skinbark's download folder in the sprint thread. It flashes that zip fine.

TechVendetta

May 16, 2011
Visit site

you have to use the sd version of the gapps. TWRP is twitchy at me about flashing anything but fresh ROM zips. Maybe try the philz recovery from skinbark's download folder in the sprint thread. It flashes that zip fine.

You can't batch the gapps for some reason, have to boot first then reboot recovery and flash gapps. It has to do with the new picky permission system I'm thinking. And woot at the inner scotsman thing, that's my family's lineage right there.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

The fix.zip wouldn't flash from the skinbark-sd recovery. So I did it manually with root Explorer and I'm pretty sure I forgot to set the permissions on the new build.prop anyway it won't boot for now and I'll be reflashing later

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

The fix.zip wouldn't flash from the skinbark-sd recovery. So I did it manually with root Explorer and I'm pretty sure I forgot to set the permissions on the new build.prop anyway it won't boot for now and I'll be reflashing later

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

well, it was just a shot in the dark anyway. it does at least contain files for it. build prop may or may not be freezing the boot, probably not the apns.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

well, it was just a shot in the dark anyway. it does at least contain files for it. build prop may or may not be freezing the boot, probably not the apns.

I found that sometimes manually editing the build.prop on Kit-Kat locks up the boot process.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

SimplePurple

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Deleting unnecessary .apk files allows 20 mb free in the internel without gapps nor crossbreeder. I could remove even more then install them on the sd-ext. Anyways, it works great, this rom is absolutely awesome
I'm not sure how much I can support the internal installs.
My personal preference is the OS2SD, and that's what all my concentration goes into.
Also I goobered something in the internal part of my repo and since the last uploaded build, any internal builds that I get made are about 15Mb too big for system.
I'll have to rebase off TheJBC again to fix it and not sure when I'll get to that.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

What is a governor to use and clock settings.

I would recommend 480/min 787/max with SmartAssV2 for balanced performance and battery life.
As for i/o scheduler, I recommend SIO.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non