[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Tried this with the sprint fix (opt s). flashed a couple times with system and data mounted. No mms still for me. Also no key swap. Works amazingly well otherwise - data and sms.

File manager cannot read my sd card (i think this is causing camera to force close as well.) Could this be my mms problem too? Is 4.3/4 more picky about sd cards?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Tried this with the sprint fix (opt s). flashed a couple times with system and data mounted. No mms still for me. Also no key swap. Works amazingly well otherwise - data and sms.

File manager cannot read my sd card (i think this is causing camera to force close as well.) Could this be my mms problem too? Is 4.3/4 more picky about sd cards?
I keep forgetting to fix the keyswap.
Seeing the sdcard shouldn't be the problem with mms. I was curious if the proper apns and mcc/mnc (operator code) would get it to work on an S.
It's not the operating system version picky about the card, it's the built-in configurations probably. How did you format the card (or is it stock?)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

well, it was just a shot in the dark anyway. it does at least contain files for it. build prop may or may not be freezing the boot, probably not the apns.

Got it! Mms works now and it says Verizon Wireless in the proper places. I tried again replacing the build.prop and apn.conf. This time I paid closer attention to the permissions and it worked. So now my backup phone is complete. Thanks again! Lol I still find it funny I can't run kitkat on my main phone now but there it is on my old Optimus

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Got it! Mms works now and it says Verizon Wireless in the proper places. I tried again replacing the build.prop and apn.conf. This time I paid closer attention to the permissions and it worked. So now my backup phone is complete. Thanks again! Lol I still find it funny I can't run kitkat on my main phone now but there it is on my old Optimus

same files just with permissions? I can repair the installer and add to the OP if you'll test it again. you'd get credit...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Yep same files and I'd gladly test

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Yep same files and I'd gladly test

ha, it'd be cool to have another multi-carrier ROM kicking around here.
updated with perms and differnet mount process. all busybox, not update-binary codes for mount or perms.
here, test:
View attachment Verizon_fix_CM-11.zip
Mount system and data first

Last edited:

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I keep forgetting to fix the keyswap.
Seeing the sdcard shouldn't be the problem with mms. I was curious if the proper apns and mcc/mnc (operator code) would get it to work on an S.
It's not the operating system version picky about the card, it's the built-in configurations probably. How did you format the card (or is it stock?)

Should I have tried the open apns thing? I haven't gotten a chance to sideload the play store yet to get voice search. One more thing about the mms - its like the phone is getting something because it said in notifications 30 new messages (its a busy group text) but when I hit it, they weren't in messages.

My sd is 2gb, 256mb ext4 COT partitioned. It worked okay on slimrom with cron. It might be one of the garbage original cards though. At least 2 of my old optimus s had the original cards go bad.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Should I have tried the open apns thing? I haven't gotten a chance to sideload the play store yet to get voice search. One more thing about the mms - its like the phone is getting something because it said in notifications 30 new messages (its a busy group text) but when I hit it, they weren't in messages.

My sd is 2gb, 256mb ext4 COT partitioned. It worked okay on slimrom with cron. It might be one of the garbage original cards though. At least 2 of my old optimus s had the original cards go bad.
dunno, gotta go work. I check later.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

try the new fix zip. the old one didn't set permissions. as far as the sd card goes, it might need a reflash too.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

I really want to give this ROM another go. I read somewhere in the OP that now there's a speed fix/tweak?

Also, I don't quite understand about the 4 different partitions... I thought I could only have 1? I don't know how to create more.

Maybe reply or PM me with unique instructions for my card? I have a class 10 SanDisk 32gb card currently with a 1.5gb ext4 partition.

Has anyone here been happy using this as a daily?? I've been comfortable with GB's speed and compatibility and low battery cost for quite some time now.

Which reminds me - has battery drain been dealt with or figured out?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I haven't needed to use my ov as my daily for some time now but I used to have good luck with using juice defender with aggressive settings to save battery on JB Roms. I could get around 15 hours of lite use. For me that was significantly more than without JD

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...I read somewhere in the OP that now there's a speed fix/tweak?
CrossBreeder. Entropy generator dns cacher adblock and bits more. Flashable.
Also, I don't quite understand about the 4 different partitions... I thought I could only have 1? I don't know how to create more.
TechVendetta's TWRP will partition for you. Backup all of it first on your PC to retrieve what you need/want after.
29-30Gb FAT32 (VFAT), 1-2Gb data, 512Mb system, 512 Mb cache.
Has anyone here been happy using this as a daily?? I've been comfortable with GB's speed and compatibility and low battery cost for quite some time now.
Me... but I'm a tweaker. And I haven't used GB for years even though ICS (s*cked).
Which reminds me - has battery drain been dealt with or figured out?
Mine only drains when using heavy data... wifi or 3g. I have a lame belkin wifi router, and bad 3g signal at home. I only get a couple hours of serious data transfer on a charge if that's all I'm doing continuously.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Using skinbark's cwm 6.0.4.6 os2sd recovery I can't get the Verizon fix to flash properly. I think it may still be trying to flash to the internal /system instead of the SD partition

Edit: just to add that from recovery it does appear to flash with no errors but on going into the rom Nothing seems changed

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

TechVendetta's TWRP will partition for you.

You mean "for you" as in it'll automatically take me through the partition process or do you mean it's capable of partitioning more than just a second partition and I have to do it myself?

Oh yeah and since I already have my second partition set up can I just skip to the last two?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

If I remember right it's basically just one click and it's done. Just backup your SD card first because it'll get wiped in the process

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Using skinbark's cwm 6.0.4.6 os2sd recovery I can't get the Verizon fix to flash properly. I think it may still be trying to flash to the internal /system instead of the SD partition

Edit: just to add that from recovery it does appear to flash with no errors but on going into the rom Nothing seems changed

maybe try with twrp. I have been using twrp often, and philz for strictly internal installs. I had to mount OS2SD system and OS2SD data first to get that kind of zip to flash to external. I coded the updater-script somewhat like crossbreeder's so it would work on internal or external installs based on what partitions were mounted when it was flashed.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I just tried it with twrp and got the same results it doesn't fail but doesn't seem to be flashing either

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Think I ironed out my JBC rebase. Messaging settings are back to working. (a horde of CM "MMS fix from hammerhead" commits broke it.)
Figured out the emojis! They need LatinIME to use, though. Bah, Mb of space.
Think it'll build a usable size internal install too. //edit:154Mb.
Testing until tomorrow evening before release.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I just tried it with twrp and got the same results it doesn't fail but doesn't seem to be flashing either

I just got it to flash the build.prop with twrp... it doesn't look like the apns-conf or eri.xml took though.
I'll work on it more later.
//edit: ugh, wrong eri.xml. the apns should be ok though. it's not removing telephony.db either so the new apns won't take.
it's all messed up ...

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Hmm well I thought I did but I'll try again