[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.2][OS2SD/internal]OV-KitKat (JBC based)

Ok not just me then. I'll have to test more, but seems like lowering cpu settings to the default during navigation smooths out any glitches. I have tested lower CPU settings ( though not this low) before and really have not noticed any change in performance. At 768/480 I get random FC's. So I alternate between 748/729 for max and 245/480 min. I am beginning to wonder if lower settings are better. Can anyone else confirm that running 600/122 fixes the glitchy navigation?
I rarely remember to get into the performance menu and change those settings... I still get glitches at stock 600 max clock speeds. I don't go to 122 though, and it won't drop that low while anything is actively running anyway.
working maps linked on xda here, bottom of second post

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I rarely remember to get into the performance menu and change those settings... I still get glitches at stock 600 max clock speeds. I don't go to 122 though, and it won't drop that low while anything is actively running anyway.
working maps linked on xda here, bottom of second post
122 is too low agreed and confirmed. I switched navigation to telenav gps navigation( apk available on XDA) and no more glitches though not as fancy as google, I think its powered by Tom Tom. Thanks for the link to working google maps, will have to give that a try.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Just installed my titanium backup of maps with separate navigation (6.14.4). Will post again after testing. Also just lowered clock to 748/245. We'll see if stability improves.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
that is the newest working version. clock settings won't glitch it

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone tried side-loading Google Now/search?

*never mind... Thought I was on the last page.

Ive done it but it has its issues. 1 dont think this OS2SD could comfortably run 2 launchers without taking the RAM to the max. Second I now have an "android.process.media was stopped" notification that keeps popping up often. The little bugger tends to get on my nerves alot.

I think until this rom can have all of the latest google updates embedded into the rom I'll delete Google now launcher & search , and just use Trebuchet.

And a request that I have if possible bigsupersquid? Apollo the embedded music player needs an update containing a performance bugs fix (Music skips or mutes often) and an embedded lyrics viewer if it can be done.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Ive done it but it has its issues. 1 dont think this OS2SD could comfortably run 2 launchers without taking the RAM to the max. Second I now have an "android.process.media was stopped" notification that keeps popping up often. The little bugger tends to get on my nerves alot.

I think until this rom can have all of the latest google updates embedded into the rom I'll delete Google now launcher & search , and just

And a request that I have if possible bigsupersquid? Apollo the embedded music player needs an update containing a performance bugs fix (Music skips or mutes often) and an embedded lyrics viewer if it can be done.
I used to get the same errors when I had crossbreeder running, also gallery app( which I replaced with quickpic) Trebuchet also randomly caused this error so I removed all of them. I have seeder now instead of crossbreeder for entropy issue. I have google now search and the google launcher with no issues( knock on wood) also check your cpu settings make sure they are not too high. Since doing these things have not any more media stopped working errors
Edit: also install the app quick reboot to free up ram if it gets too bogged down

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I used to get the same errors when I had crossbreeder running, also gallery app( which I replaced with quickpic) Trebuchet also randomly caused this error so I removed all of them. I have seeder now instead of crossbreeder for entropy issue. I have google now search and the google launcher with no issues( knock on wood) also check your cpu settings make sure they are not too high. Since doing these things have not any more media stopped working errors
Edit: also install the app quick reboot to free up ram if it gets too bogged down

Do you have a link for seeder?
Now the process media wont even let me stay in the playstore

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1666675&d=1358857894
Make sure you uninstall crossbreeder first. I also leave the "suspend NRG service while screen off" unchecked as there have reports of some FC's with that checked. Otherwise once in seeder check the last 2 boxes and pick how aggressive you want the entropy, I usually leave it on light. If you can get rid of trebuchet also, just make sure you have the launcher 3 this Rom came with in there. If you got rid of it like I did( by mistake) there is an apk for it on XDA.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1666675&d=1358857894
Make sure you uninstall crossbreeder first. I also leave the "suspend NRG service while screen off" unchecked as there have reports of some FC's with that checked. Otherwise once in seeder check the last 2 boxes and pick how aggressive you want the entropy, I usually leave it on light. If you can get rid of trebuchet also, just make sure you have the launcher 3 this Rom came with in there. If you got rid of it like I did( by mistake) there is an apk for it on XDA.

Aah I might wait for squid for an alternate fix. I was looking for a quick fix somewhat. If I can get rid of that "media" stopped issue the rest I can kinda deal with.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Melvin, also go into apps and find google services framework and clear the data. Then turn off google sync. Go into recovery and fix permissions, that should stop the error messages, least it did for me

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

nope didnt work.
actually made it pop up more and the reboot took longer time than it usually does

Last edited:

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

nope didnt work.
actually made it pop up more
You may have to start fresh and reflash rom if you don't have a Nandroid. You have an app somewhere causing the media error. I also removed any adblocking programs like adaway. Sorry couldn't help. Maybe superbigsquid has a trick up his sleeve to help.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

nope didnt work.
actually made it pop up more and the reboot took longer time than it usually does
Do you have any speed mods installed? Crossbreeder, fly-on mod? There are uninstall zips for both in XDA forums. Fixing permissions does make booting longer first time.

Lpen21

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

CrossBreeder but I thought it would be beneficial for this Rom
That's what I thought too. It should have adblocking and entropy tweaks built in. So are your ads being blocked? Also you entropy should be maxed out at 4096 with crossbreeder. You can check it with an entropy checking tool. Try uninstalling it and see if that gets rid of the error. I had to get rid of it and replace it with seeder which just takes care of the entropy. Crossbreeders ad blocking features did not work for me anyways and I kept getting the error messages, plus no one is updating crossbreeder. It probably does improve performance maybe a little too much for this phone can handle IMHO.

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

That's what I thought too. It should have adblocking and entropy tweaks built in. So are your ads being blocked? Also you entropy should be maxed out at 4096 with crossbreeder. You can check it with an entropy checking tool. Try uninstalling it and see if that gets rid of the error. I had to get rid of it and replace it with seeder which just takes care of the entropy. Crossbreeders ad blocking features did not work for me anyways and I kept getting the error messages, plus no one is updating crossbreeder. It probably does improve performance maybe a little too much for this phone can handle IMHO.

Sure I dont have a problem with ads

Guess I have to wait until squid gets back

cheaphacker

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Hey, I have been a optimus v user since it came out and I rooted not to long after I got the phone. The latest rom I flashed is backside iho which has been amazing but I've had it since 2011? 2012? Many of the apps I'd like don't longer support that version of android (2.3.5) says something like package invalid. I'm a complete noob to everything you guys have talked about in these past 19 pages so if you guys could guide me thru to flashing this rom or at least a 4.0 android with full functionality such as wifi, 3G, wireless tether, speaker, camera etc I'd greatly appreciate it. And links to the files too , I'm not very familiar on how to use this page. Please help a fellow optimus V user ! :/

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hey, I have been a optimus v user since it came out and I rooted not to long after I got the phone. The latest rom I flashed is backside iho which has been amazing but I've had it since 2011? 2012? Many of the apps I'd like don't longer support that version of android (2.3.5) says something like package invalid. I'm a complete noob to everything you guys have talked about in these past 19 pages so if you guys could guide me thru to flashing this rom or at least a 4.0 android with full functionality such as wifi, 3G, wireless tether, speaker, camera etc I'd greatly appreciate it. And links to the files too , I'm not very familiar on how to use this page. Please help a fellow optimus V user ! :/

I'm just like you. Except I've had major experience here in the ROM game.

First off - BackSide is extremely outdated and no longer a recommendation. OV-KitKat here is currently the only KK ROM for OV.

Regarding other ROMs, the most stable GB is MiRaGe, the most stable ICS is PAC-ROM, and the most stable JB is SlimRom - SlimBean.

I'll be glad to guide you step by step in installing those ROMs and figuring out your ultimate best setup. Besides, I need the experience to add to my Android hacking portfolio.

PM me and we'll setup somewhere to talk.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I've almost got a complete workaround for Google Now!!! The ONLY difference is that rather than saying, "Ok, Google Now" all I have to do is hold the search key!!! Then I get voice activated full on Google Now searches for weather, navigation, etc.!!! I'm...so...happy...='-)

Oh! Forgot to tell how. So the key was an app called "Voice Search Assistant." Just search for it in the play store. It's 99? and we'll worth it. Download "Google Search" first. I'm currently running just version 2.0.0 got of of a site with a dead ICS compatible Now. Going to try this with 3.3.11 and will post back with results.

Toucan4267

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Here's the one thing I don't like: text boxes with a mic icon. The icon defaults to Google's voice search, and as that doesn't work, I can't ever click those icons. Is it possible to get those to default to Swype's voice search?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87