[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

dprater

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.7 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 23Oct11

I loaded Harmonia, and am very pleased so far. The only problem I have is that my phone still has the cm7 boot animation from when I ran cm7. Is there some way to get rid of it?

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.7 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 23Oct11

I loaded Harmonia, and am very pleased so far. The only problem I have is that my phone still has the cm7 boot animation from when I ran cm7. Is there some way to get rid of it?

Did you format everything including dalvik cache except for your sdcard? Doesn't seem like it, since I think that should have cleared out the CM7 boot animation.

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the picasticks kernel onto my stock ROM to give it a performance boost....but my screen wouldn't rotate at all. Anyone know why?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

how long does it take for it boot up for the first time? mines been on a black screen after the Lg logo for 10 min

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

sushifor5

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

HI there; I don't know if Leslie Ann still monitors this or is updating Harmonia? I am a regular over at androidforums and had a major failure last night (and still recovering today) after trying to flash Harmonia 1.7...i was hoping to get some input here.

I have an optimus v, 2.2.2 with hitachi screen that I got new this summer. I am a complete techno dummy and only got as far as i did b/c of the awesome help and tutorials of the forums. I rooted (with gingerbreak) and stayed on stock ROM, running Link2sd with a partitioned card...the recovery I had was xionia cwma v1.2518.4.

I downloaded the Harmonia 1.7 zip from the first post here. Last night I tried to flash it and it said in my recovery that it installed. When I went to reboot, I got the LG symbol, then a black screen. I panicked, of course, and since early this morning, I was getting help (great guys on the androidforum) with fixing the problem...

After much sweating and some crying, I ended up changing my recovery to VM670NH_recovery.img, which says it is CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5. I once again tried to flash the Harmonia zip. Again, it said it installed and when I rebooted, I saw the LG logo, then a split second of the Harmonia logo, then black screen and phone death...

I don't know why this is happening, and the guys over at androidforums are trying to help me, but everyone is saying I need to go to an IHO rom, and I really wanted to try Harmonia.

Is there something special I need to do to get Harmonia to work? A particular recovery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It's not an issue with the rom, it's an issue with the newer phones and probably not just the new OV.
It seems some newer phones have poor memory in them that don't always seem to properly flash all of the time.

Besides that, you guys see one or two complaints and think there is a problem, but when the rom has hundreds upon hundreds of good installs, 2 or 3 failures is to be expected, it doesn't indicate a problem with the rom.

As for the problem...
You do not need an IHO rom, Harmonia 1.7 works on newer phones, they are just stubborn taking the rom for some reason. Try Bobzhome IHO recovery, it will work with Harmonia 1.7 and IHO roms.

However, do NOT reflash your recovery yet.
I don't reccomend messing with recoveries when your rom is broke, or your rom when recovery is broken. Each serves as a good backup in order to fix the other, but break both and you are in trouble.

Instead, do an md5 check on your downloaded file and on the sdcard file. Corruption happens at all levels. Make sure all is well, if it is, try reflashing it again. Before you do, go into mounts and storage and format data, system, boot and cache, then go back to the main menu, go into advanced and wipe Dalvik cache. Now try again. It shouldn't need this, bu sometimes phones just don't like clearing or taking data.

Reactions: sushifor5

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

By the way, the last update was Oct28th, unfortunately a recent update has made it impossible for me to update the title of this thread.

sushifor5

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, LeslieAnn! I was not in any way trying to imply that there was anything wrong with your ROM...it gets the highest praise from the people who have helped me and I specifically wanted Harmonia b/c of the good things I've read about it. I assumed I had done something wrong...I am a techno idiot!!!!

As it turned out, after working on this all day and with the help of some great people on the other forum where I spent time posting, I got everything to work. I flashed the BobZhome recovery (i think it was that one) and it worked... I downloaded Harmonia 1.7 and also the pica kernel zip that supersquid recommended for the newer screened phones, just in case.

Finally, tonight, after flashing your Rom and the kernel, I got it installed and everything works, YAY!!! I am so relieved and excited!!! I am currently downloading my apps with TiBu and getting everything set up the way I like.

I love the clean look of your ROM already and am excited to learn and enjoy it...

Next thing I want to do is get Adobe Flash on here, so if you have any input on that, I'd love to hear it.

Again, I was not disparaging your ROM at all, I just needed to see if you had input about how to fix my phone's quirks...and it all seems to be fine now. Thanks for your hard work on the development of the ROM!!!! Cheers!! gabi

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, LeslieAnn! I was not in any way trying to imply that there was anything wrong with your ROM...it gets the highest praise from the people who have helped me and I specifically wanted Harmonia b/c of the good things I've read about it. I assumed I had done something wrong...I am a techno idiot!!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean that to sound so harsh and honestly, most of it was not aimed at you. One thing I have noticed is that often when there is a complaint it often gets blown way out of proportion with regards to Harmonia.

Anyhow, there is pretty much nothing to learn, the rom is what you had when you got it, just a few minimal functionality tweaks, cleaned up and optimized a bit. Operationally, it's pretty much identical.

I don't use Flash so I can't help you there.

And thanks :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Flash this. It's Pickasticks remixed kernel for V's with the newer screens. Harmonia 1.7 is supposed to have this built in, but for some it does not take.

pica07remix.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Allow me to explain the numbers to you and maybe you will understand why I can say it's not the installer and why I get frustrated when people claim it is.

We aren't talking about 30 people using Harmonia.
Within 30 minutes of releasing 1.6 and again with 1.7 there was over 50 downloads, each. Within 24-48 hours each had reached 200 downloads.

At this point those numbers are in the thousands.
If the 1.6/1.7 installer had an issue, there would have been 5 or 6 people complaining in the first 30 minutes of release, not a month and thousands of downloads later. Statistically speaking, that percentage of failures is lower than the failure rate of the phone itself by a very large margin.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Next thing I want to do is get Adobe Flash on here, so if you have any input on that, I'd love to hear it.

I've been using Flash 11 on Harmonia 1.7 for awhile now (grabbed from this thread:http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...7-update-adobe-flash-11-0-tested-working.html)

I'll confirm that it does, indeed, work - but my experience has been, predictably, limited in the actual performance of it.
I'd say the 'feel' for me visiting streaming sites (twitch.tv, gamebreaker.tv, giantbomb.com) has been, as shockingly expected, the feel of trying to use flash on a low-end hardware device.
Obviously your results/experiences may vary depending on the use of Flash on your specific device.
Sound and visuals tend to work (slow-booting and somewhat laggy for the rest of the device functions) as expected, but depending on the movement in the stream, it gives me a somewhat slideshow effect concerning visual smoothness. I would not attribute this performance to the ROM in any way, however. My first suspect would be limited hardware resources, coupled with the bloat and inefficiency of Flash itself.
Personally, I think there are some unrealistic expectations some people have concerning the power of this device, and would be genuinely surprised if it behaved in the same manner you'd expect on a PC.

Still, it does work, and the best way to know how well is find from your own experiences and report them.

On the installation front, I can't recall a time (even way back on Aphrodite) that I'd encountered strange issues with installation. I tend to have a 'nuke it from orbit' mentality when it comes to ROM installation, formatting everything from boot all the way to dalvik cache, and every iteration of Harmonia has installed as expected, with no leftover trace files or general wankiness on any of my fresh installs.
Again, I can only speak to my own experiences.

I suspect if I'd had install issues, I'd have formed a pitchfork-carrying mob and stormed LeslieAnn's house because her generous free time to produce what is, to me, a near perfect ROM for my Optimus wasn't up to my discerning taste and quality!

Yeah. I am SO kidding, LeslieAnn! Put the gun down! <3
:p

Anyway, best of luck, and Happiest of Holidays!

-K

sushifor5

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

I have no doubt the installation problems were all me and/or my phone with its hitachi screen. I probably forgot a step in the wipe the first time...but the second time I tried, I wiped EVERYthing and still failed... The general consensus was that my recovery was wrong for my phone. Reading thru supersquid's post on "How to Fix Black Screen" made a big difference for me.

This was my first flash and it was so stressful that I'm ecstatic to love Harmonia...not sure I ever want to do that again! LOL ;)

Will play with adobe flash sometime soon; thanks for the input!! Cheers!

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Allow me to explain the numbers to you and maybe you will understand why I can say it's not the installer and why I get frustrated when people claim it is.

We aren't talking about 30 people using Harmonia.
Within 30 minutes of releasing 1.6 and again with 1.7 there was over 50 downloads, each. Within 24-48 hours each had reached 200 downloads.

At this point those numbers are in the thousands.
If the 1.6/1.7 installer had an issue, there would have been 5 or 6 people complaining in the first 30 minutes of release, not a month and thousands of downloads later. Statistically speaking, that percentage of failures is lower than the failure rate of the phone itself by a very large margin.
I totally understand. But for whatever reason, a few of us. We end up with a black screen, because the remix kernel did not take for whatever reason. I did not panic when it happened to my new V, as I knew how to fix it and knew what the problem was, Either way, the rom is awesome. I knew the problem was only with a few, so I never even said anything. I only try to help the few who I see have the same problem. I am not intentionally trying to slam Harmonia. Just stating for some, a extra step is needed to get up and going.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

sushifor5

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, this may be a dumb question, but I'd like to donate to you for the Harmonia ROM and I don't see a donate button...am I blind, LOL? Do you accept donations? TIA!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, this may be a dumb question, but I'd like to donate to you for the Harmonia ROM and I don't see a donate button...am I blind, LOL? Do you accept donations? TIA!

I don't do donations, but thanks for the offer. :)

sushifor5

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Well thank you again for your work...I don't understand anything about how you do what you do, LOL, but I love my new Harmonia ROM. Kudos to you!

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Hi LeslieAnn... thanks so much for such a great ROM. It's nice to have an option other than stock that we don't have to sacrifice functionality for (ie, MMS or Bluetooth functionality).

Just curious - any headway on the Market issue? It seems to be the only "sacrifice" we've had to make enjoy your ROM. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38