[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

I'm also getting the "not installed" message - could you please explain what you did a little better?

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Force stop market and clear cache.. Not data. Then using a root file manager I went to the system app folder. Renamed Vending.apk to Vending.apk1. Then copied the new market app to this folder. Rename to Vending.apk.. Reboot and done.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

OK, I followed these instructions to a T, and now I have NO Market on my phone. I then tried installing from the original APK I downloaded, which looked like it worked, but now it just force closes every time,

Please help! :(

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I did. I was able to revert back to the old market... but unable to get the new one to run.

lgleaner

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Figured it out.... had to manually change the new apk's file permissions to match those of the old Vending.apk.

Thanks for you help guys!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

My setup is working. If you want I can build an untouched CM7.2/GB ROM for you. I pretty much know from Harmonia that you would like English and Spanish languages only and probably CMStats and CMUpdateNotify out. Let me know, I would be very happy to see Harmonia 2.0 updated and finalized.

Edit: You got PM.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Phone just booted into Harmonia 1.7 a few minutes ago.

I was enjoying BobZhome's builds of IHO//CM7, but frustrated with the battery drain. I did love the features it included, though I turned off a lot of them to speed up the phone's responsiveness. It's nice to see a stripped ROM pack, as I really prefer a bare setup. LauncherPro free was fun to mess with, though.

Let's see how this rolls with my V, which I scored last June. :)

TIA for building this. :cool:

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Hey! Okay, THANK YOU FOR HARMONIA! I am still working to get our phones to work with the HORRIBLE UNRELIABLE OLD MARKET! Ugg. Its not your fault, its just frustrating, though I think I may be close to solving it for now. But beside the problem with the market, which isn't your fault, Harmonia seems to be the best rom! (though I've only compared with bumblebee and stock :p)

But here's my question. how close are you to fixing the new market issues? Maybe 50%? I don't mean to nag but I REALLY want the new market! So any info on progress?

Sorry for asking, and thanks again!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey! Okay, THANK YOU FOR HARMONIA! I am still working to get our phones to work with the HORRIBLE UNRELIABLE OLD MARKET! Ugg. Its not your fault, its just frustrating, though I think I may be close to solving it for now. But beside the problem with the market, which isn't your fault, Harmonia seems to be the best rom! (though I've only compared with bumblebee and stock :p)

But here's my question. how close are you to fixing the new market issues? Maybe 50%? I don't mean to nag but I REALLY want the new market! So any info on progress?

Sorry for asking, and thanks again!

Like most computer problems, as soon as I know how to fix it, it will take only a few minutes to fix. The problem is finding out how to fix it.

So far all attempts have failed, but I plan to make another attempt this weekend. I am also (thanks to Mrg666) going to try and pump out an updated Harmonia 2 (Gingerbread).

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Like most computer problems, as soon as I know how to fix it, it will take only a few minutes to fix. The problem is finding out how to fix it.

So far all attempts have failed, but I plan to make another attempt this weekend. I am also (thanks to Mrg666) going to try and pump out an updated Harmonia 2 (Gingerbread).

Okay, Thanks for your efforts!

And Gingerbread! Can't wait!
Although that wouldn't necessarily still be just a hacked stock rom then would it? What gingerbread rom would you be using as a foundation?

Thanks!

P.S. I think the only resolution to my problem is to use the app 'Link2SD' and a second SD partition, because i found that the issue is the result of errors in the .Android_secure folder, as it works perfectly when there are not a lot of apps moved to SD. thus Link to SD doesn't touch that folder and hopefully will fix the problem :p

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

And Gingerbread! Can't wait!
Although that wouldn't necessarily still be just a hacked stock rom then would it? What gingerbread rom would you be using as a foundation?
The only GB we have access to that is worth a darn is IHO.

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

The only GB we have access to that is worth a darn is IHO.

Okay, so Internal Human Organs. Also I read one of your posts and you mentioned that the new market wouldn't be an issue in Gingerbread, what do you mean? Does that mean when Harmonia 2.0 GB comes out it will have the new market?

And last thing, I have a 100% working phone now! Link2SD solved my problems and I have 70+ apps and market works PERFECTLY. :D

Thanks for Harmonia! I'm looking forward Gingerbread!:cool:

Electriccars

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Another question, I have everything working great except the boot time, It is 80 seconds long! is there a way to speed it up? or am I stuck with a great phone, but slow boot time?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If you think 80 seconds is slow, try a Blackberry, 80-20 minutes is not unheard of.
You shouldn't need to restart it often anyhow.

Yes, Harmonia 2.0 uses the latest Market.
Putting the new market on Froyo is an issue because we can't build from source as easy, so we have to modify files and re-sign them, this creates a security issue with the new market. We don't have that issue with IHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo