iPhone 3GS performance vs Droid performance

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I dont get why the Droid's performance for GUI tasks are so laggy compared to the iPhone 3GS.. I mean they have the same CPU and GPU. Outside of the Droid's higher res screen, (which the PowerVR SGX GPU should be able to handle), why are the UI animations so laggy!?

I mean on my iPhone 3GS, I can open Fastflip and the animations are smooth as butter.

Yet, on my Droid, it's laggy as hell! Wtf, this is a Google service running on a Google OS!?!?

i find this totally unacceptable that their service runs better on a competitor's hardware..

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It comes down to simple coding the Droid doesn't have open go 2.0 in the software the iPhone does. Plus the iPhone has a better gpu

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I own a Moto Droid, iPhone 3GS, and Nexus One and while the iPhone 3GS is a smoother overall experience it is also the 3rd generation of software. In time hopefully the Android will be just as smooth as it's already come a long way from it's beginning.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It comes down to simple coding the Droid doesn't have open go 2.0 in the software the iPhone does. Plus the iPhone has a better gpu

It's got a better GPU? I've read they both pack the same PowerVR SGX gpu..

unless the 3GS GPU is clocked higher, it's the same one.

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
nothing is laggy for me on my droid. very fast phone overall. just use your iphone and get rid of the droid, problem solved.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, but it's the same CPU just clocked 50mhz higher. Both are the ARM Cortex A8 if I'm not mistaken.