StraightTalk

TomServo100

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at StraightTalk as a possible carrier. The idea of buying an unlocked smartphone and being able to buy SIM card and have non-contract plan is appealing. I am wondering what the service is like especially with data usage as I am thinking of using it with an unlocke4d Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play store. NE WI looks covered, but the coverage map is vague with whether that coverage is for voice and/or data. Since they use GSM, would the data coverage be the same as AT&T/T-Mobile's network? Should I worry about roaming?

will54880

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had Straight Talk since last September and had no issues. I'm in superior WI which has a strong at&t signal. I even get 3.5G data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at StraightTalk as a possible carrier. The idea of buying an unlocked smartphone and being able to buy SIM card and have non-contract plan is appealing. I am wondering what the service is like especially with data usage as I am thinking of using it with an unlocke4d Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play store. NE WI looks covered, but the coverage map is vague with whether that coverage is for voice and/or data. Since they use GSM, would the data coverage be the same as AT&T/T-Mobile's network? Should I worry about roaming?

You can not roam on ST. When you buy your SIM you will pick either an ATT or Tmo SIM. Figure out what one gets better service in your area. Also keep in mind if you use to much data they will turn you off. For good.

Rule of thumb...

Only use 100Meg of data per day. Use less than 2gigs a month.

Unlimited data isn't all that true. If you Google it you will be able to read what I am talking about.

Hope ST works for you!

Cheers!

TomServo100

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I reread the terms of service (for the 5th time) and have to admit that I am a little concerned with it. Disconnections for using too much of the service does not work well with my needs right now. Too bad legalese and marketing make things to difficult too clearly understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa