Prepaid carrier options are improving every month

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Within the past few months, H20 and AIO have dropped their prices. Now Verizon is jumping on board.

Here's a comparison I'm been mulling over the past few weeks when considering a switch:
Straight Talk (current carrier): $45 plus taxes for unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2.5GB of data before throttling
AIO: $50 (minus $5 for auto-pay = $45) for unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2.5GB of data before throttling; also an option to save $10 month if I was only planning to use 500MB of data
H20:
$30 = unlimited voice, unlimited text and 500MB data
$40 = unlimited voice, unlimited text and 1GB data
$50 = unlimited voice, unlimited text and 2GB data
$60 = unlimited voice, unlimited text and unlimited data

After tracking data usage for a month, it looks like I am using less than 1GB and close to less than 500MB thanks to wifi at home and work, so H20 may be worth a switch.

Is anyone else weighing these options?

...yet another idea would be to sell the Nexus 4, buy a Moto G from Verizon's prepaid, but $45 gets 500MB of data (and a loss of freedom to move from carrier to carrier)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
They are but the CS seems to be bad. I know a few friends are complaining about the coverage and data just randomly not working. Not sure and the APN settings are correct.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Are there specific carriers with these symptoms?

Att and ST was the company. With att's prices coming down I see no reason to jump to a prepaid carrier right now. I know my friend is getting 2gigs of data and unlimited everything else for $90 a month. I work with him and that is before our 20% discount. Me and the girlfriend are getting 10gigs of data plus unlimited everything else for around $110 a month for 2 devices with my employee discount! Its gotten so cheap this past year. I like att's service too. Anytime I have ever had an issue they fix it right away with almost no questions asked. (But that is hardly ever!)