Why does my phone keep on restarting?

A

AC Question

Phone keeps on restarting

So my sister said that she started my ZTE phone's system upgrade for me. The battey was at about 43%. Now, I plugged it out and it keeps on restarting. I've tried holding down the power button with the volume down and up buttons and nothing is working. Do i need to get a new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if the update seemed to finish successfully, or did this start happening in the middle of the update process?

Try powering off completely, then keep it plugged into a wall outlet undisturbed for 4-6 hours. Then try powering on again.

tmccain622

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps on restarting

I had the same issue. It also would never sleep so the battery would always drain really fast. I did a factory reset and it worked for awhile but then started happening again. I noticed that I installed a GPS tracking app for to locate my sons phone. Once I removed that app it stopped having issues. However, I just installed a different GPS tracking app to monitor my kiddos location and not it doesn't want to sleep. Anyone know why these tracker apps keep my phone awake?