Don't like the HTC DNA/DLX, fear not, OPPO to the rescue!

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So recently, I've been pretty disappointed with HTC, they've long talked about a comeback trail but with some major faults DLX/DNA. Today, well in terms of China, HTC just announced the HTC DLX for the Chinese markets and it doesn't seem like they added any of the things a lot of people were looking forward to. The DLX has waterproofing that the J Butterfly has but other than that it is the DNA essentially. I was quite bummed when I saw that the DLX wouldn't have the microSD slot like the J Butterfly, or the larger battery that many were expecting (2500mah). OK Granted many people say the battery life of the DNA is great, I still would've liked to see a larger battery. Many people think the 2020mah is enough for them, but you like it now, wait until the battery starts to decay you'll be complaining in no time.

ANYWAYS, Long story short OPPO has just released more information and confirmed a US release of the "quiet" Oppo Find 5! It'll feature the same Qualcomm APQ8064 that the DNA/DLX has, it'll have 2GB of ram, a 1080P screen (unsure yet if it will be as good of a screen as the SuperLCD3) with Corning Gorilla Glass 2, a 2500mah battery, A 12 (1-2) MEGAPIXEL camera (Hopefully will be using some great glass like the HTC One X+'s f/1.6 wide lens), expandable memory, HSPA 42+ support (KEY FOR T-MOBILE USERS LIKE ME, and (imo) a sleek design. The only downside that I'm seeing is that recently, leaks have shown the phone to be a little more bulky than expected. Hopefully this won't be true when the phone is formally announced on December 12, 2012. Looking forward to the reviews for this phone because the price is amazing, at $400 off contract in China and $500 in US markets, cannot wait for the December 12th release of this phone.

Oppo Find 5 specs
Scroll down a bit on the link below and there's pictures for you.
Pictures of the Oppo Find 5

Anyone else looking at this phone or excited for it?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of this brand. Nor manufacturer. But if this is true, I will buy the phone and love it!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of this brand. Nor manufacturer. But if this is true, I will buy the phone and love it!

Haha if you haven't then some of their previous ventures were quite successful. They're a primarily in the Chinese market, but they have amazing quality products and super thin ones that push the market. An example would be the Oppo Finder. They had a campaign with Leonardo DiCaprio

Their Oppo Finder for reference:
Can be used as a hammer and still work.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You buy it, and it ships from China?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

I believe so? I'm a consumer as well so I don't know how they plan to go about selling them. BUT, all I know is I'm going to buying one if not the HTC M7.

ANDROGUY

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So recently, I've been pretty disappointed with HTC, they've long talked about a comeback trail but with some major faults DLX/DNA. Today, well in terms of China, HTC just announced the HTC DLX for the Chinese markets and it doesn't seem like they added any of the things a lot of people were looking forward to. The DLX has waterproofing that the J Butterfly has but other than that it is the DNA essentially. I was quite bummed when I saw that the DLX wouldn't have the microSD slot like the J Butterfly, or the larger battery that many were expecting (2500mah). OK Granted many people say the battery life of the DNA is great, I still would've liked to see a larger battery. Many people think the 2020mah is enough for them, but you like it now, wait until the battery starts to decay you'll be complaining in no time.

ANYWAYS, Long story short OPPO has just released more information and confirmed a US release of the "quiet" Oppo Find 5! It'll feature the same Qualcomm APQ8064 that the DNA/DLX has, it'll have 2GB of ram, a 1080P screen (unsure yet if it will be as good of a screen as the SuperLCD3) with Corning Gorilla Glass 2, a 2500mah battery, A 12 (1-2) MEGAPIXEL camera (Hopefully will be using some great glass like the HTC One X+'s f/1.6 wide lens), expandable memory, HSPA 42+ support (KEY FOR T-MOBILE USERS LIKE ME, and (imo) a sleek design. The only downside that I'm seeing is that recently, leaks have shown the phone to be a little more bulky than expected. Hopefully this won't be true when the phone is formally announced on December 12, 2012. Looking forward to the reviews for this phone because the price is amazing, at $400 off contract in China and $500 in US markets, cannot wait for the December 12th release of this phone.

Oppo Find 5 specs
Scroll down a bit on the link below and there's pictures for you.
Pictures of the Oppo Find 5

Anyone else looking at this phone or excited for it?

U think this phone will hold up to continous,hard use? And does it have 4g?

sent from 1soldier

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
U think this phone will hold up to continous,hard use? And does it have 4g?

sent from 1soldier

... I did post the Oppo Find 5 specs, it will have bands that match T-Mobile's LTE and HSPA 42mbps+ as I stated. Sorry for being blunt, but you could've just read what I wrote.

Durability is based on usage and the phone isn't out yet, so hard to say. Any phone I believe has a lifeline before the software starts going to , I think this will last a good half to one year before I'll need to reflash a rom.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

They were primarily a niche home theater company that makes high end dvd and blue ray players. Over on the pro home theater forums they get high praise. I owned several of their dvd and Blue Ray players and they were rock solid, always performed and you could "jail break" them to be region free and all sorts of cool stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38