Nexus 6 vs. Galaxy S6?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I really want a better camera exprience so I picked up an s6. The camera is what they say...and arguably even better than the iPhone 6+..or at last equil.
Idk though, after using the s6 I am spoiled by stock android....especially after 5.1. Don't get me wrong it is a huge improvement over previous models but I got used to the 5.5+ screens and the carriers mucking it up is a turn off.

I really think I'm going back to the n6. Anyone else have the same opinion? Experience?

Posted via the Android Central App

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: anyone considering the S6

I have a note 4 and I checked out the s6 but I seem to keep going back to the nexus 6. Lollipop on my note seems to be a mess compared to the nexus. I can't imagine going to a smaller screen then the note 4. Once your used to the big screen I don't know how you go that much smaller.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I can't stand Touchwiz, so it's not really an option for me. That said I stopped by a local BB to play with the S6 and it really does feel nice, and the camera was really impressive even just shooting under fluorescent lights. I hear battery life is sub-par though, and that would possibly be a deal breaker even if I could disable Touchwiz.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand Touchwiz, so it's not really an option for me. That said I stopped by a local BB to play with the S6 and it really does feel nice, and the camera was really impressive even just shooting under fluorescent lights. I hear battery life is sub-par though, and that would possibly be a deal breaker even if I could disable Touchwiz.

Honestly, the camera is insanely good. I do not care for anything else about the s6 compared to my n6. But the camera alone would be a legit reason to switch.

If the battery life was as good as the n6 I'd consider it. But seriously, what you all are hearing and reading about the battery life is not exaggerated...it is really bad. I am keeping things stock, installing few apps, turning off settings, etc and I'm having to charge it 2-3 times during the day...

I'm sure 5.1 and greater down the road will help as it did our n6's (at least I notice a difference). So maybe I'll check the s6 out again in the future.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

The dang thing is just too small. I held it and thought how tiny it was. I have heard the camera is the best out there.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

After the Nexus 6 I don't want to go smaller. My next phone will be the Note 5 or I'm hoping for the next Nexus to be at least 5.5 inch

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

After the Nexus 6 I don't want to go smaller. My next phone will be the Note 5 or I'm hoping for the next Nexus to be at least 5.5 inch
Absolutely agree. I'm hoping the Note 5 will have the same camera as the S6 with battery improvements. Two things that will be hard to give up: dual front facing speakers and water resistance.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Nope. After owning a Note 4 for a month I have decided if I ever entertain the idea of a Samsung again, I'll go with the REAL thing and get an Apple and not a knock off.

I can't see myself ever going back to that mess again.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I've received the S6 and Note 4 today on my business mobile contract as upgrades and they're being sold on

Not interested in either (although the Note 4 is VERY tempting) but it wasn't much of an upgrade over the Note 3 IMO (which is my current business mobile) but neither make me want to move away from my Nexus 6 (personal mobile)

I LOVE pure Android, no bloatware, no crappy Samsung apps that you can't delete and the screen size (and phone size itself) are perfect for my slab like hands :D

I reckon if the Note 5 is a worthy update over the Note 3 & 4 then I'll seriously consider changing my Note 3 for it but phones are going to have to get massively better for me to want to shift the N6 on!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah add me to the list of big screen fans. I actually returned the Note 4 because I felt it was just too big for one handed use. But when I noticed that I actually often used two hands with the S6, Using two hands with a note or nexus isn't such a bad thing. Besides the S6 and all other 5.0 devices look like a kids toy now. It's 5.5 inches minimum for me from here on out for me. I'll be checking out the G4, of not, then I'll go Note 4 again or maybe nexus 6

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

In my honest opinion it comes down to 2 main things and then hardware :

Size - Nexus 6 is like the name says 6 inches, while S line is 5.1 if I'm not mistaken.

Touchwiz or Stock experience - Do you want TouchWiz or Stock Android experience.

Last but not least.. Depends if you are into hardware, S6 rocks exynos chip with 14nm while Nexus 6 rocks a 805 (one of the best CPU done by Qualcomm)

RitchieJoe

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

I wanted to open my own discussion on this topic but it appears I can't create a thread but I don't want to hijack this one. I'm relatively new to android or at least the technical side to it. But what would be the downside of buying a galaxy s6 and flashing a custom rom for the pure android experience?

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I checked out the S6 and the Edge but I felt the S6 was too small!...The styling for the Edge, I thought was quite nice!.Both phones featured Stunning displays.The Nexus.. I love the design and the feel of the Nexus, and the colors were Vibrant!...But! I just love my Note 4!.

bob13bob

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
my wife and I went from nexus to s6. I'll never do another galaxy again. camera way better, but that's the only improvement. screen slightly better on s6, is samish to me. the extra resolution doesn't mean anything for real world use. speaker is better.

but slowdowns, UI, speed, crashes and soft resets sometimes. Just not the same experience. nexus's are cheaper too. Im sticking to pure android for the rest of my life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38