HTC 10 going back, I'm going to iOS

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The S7 & S7 Edge has the best screen in the industry, for the time being. Second best is the Nexus 5X, then S6 Edge then Nexus 6P then iPhone 6s Plus. That's the top 5 in order. I don't know where the HTC 10 ranks in there because I haven't seen it's measurements.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
MightyText is great. It works over the Chrome browser. I use it both for making calls and replying to text.

Just downloaded to try it and consistent with third party work arounds I have a problem, the texts are duplicating. A text from my wife came through 25 times.

Ya its a cluster! Everything is duplicated and there is missing information in the text threads.

Update:
Pushbullet seems to be working correctly for me.

Last edited:

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That's a service providers issue (sometimes defective SIM card) and it could happen to any device ( iOS, Android & Windows).

cashxx

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Gboard for iOS yet? A Google keyboard for iOS with integrated search, etc. Even Google creates the best iOS apps first for iOS! Welcome back to the Apple world! Great having iMessage and FaceTime built in and working in OS X and iOS, just makes life easier!

citronbull

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I can totally relate. I am getting rid of my 24 inch monitor (gives me a headache) and my backlit Razer gaming keyboard. I'm just getting a plain old typewriter..LOL!!

Arya111

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Android keyboards. They are just not as good as iPhones...period.

I believe most of your post is true except this.

WTH? It is well known the iPhone keyboard sucks in comparison to all the 3rd party ones. And Apple makes it so that 3rd party keyboards like Swiftkey work like crap on iPhones (can't set it to default, etc)

And don't judge 3rd part keyboards by how they work on IOS. Apple MAKES them suck with no support. They purposely make it a crappy experience.

You have to compare the IOS keyboard vs 3rd party or the Google keyboard on Android phones.

Mohab Soliman

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Airdroid will help you for taking calls dail also send sms copying data and past data and many more from windows or mac :) https://www.airdroid.com/en/

about android i agree about the gmail app but i am using a V10 before G pro from LG
i didn't have any issues with the keyboard is amazing for me also i have always on second screen i don't need to touch my phone
viewing angle is amazing G5 has always ON screen too so i think maybe you have to change HTC

racersimage

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Notifications in Android N should be a lot more to your liking, assuming OEM skins don't change things up too much. Lock screen notifications are a lot more informative on the N previews, though they could add a couple more seconds display time to them. Speaking of OEM skins, though, I don't have a 10, but if HTC still enables Tap to Wake in Sense that could be part of the problem--no "always on" display to push notifications to like the S7 or G5.

So do all notifications wake the screen up on Android N? That would be great if so!

rkn5555

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
About your double gmail notifications.... you have probably set up the built in android app "Email" also the "gmail app" if you prefer the exchange style email app then in the "gmail" app settings , turn off notifications. And , if you prefer the "gmail" app disable the "Email" app
If the display is that poor (angles and color hue issues) that would be all that it would take for me to go to a different phone also!

Last edited:

badgerboy1977

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but the majority of that just simply is not true.

I own one myself and the screen is great, no dimming or pinkness in sight, the speaker is easily the best around by quite some margin (not quite as good as my old M8's but they had to put that fingerprint sensor somewhere I guess and it is a very useful feature, notifications are great and comprehensive (quite frankly I wouldn't want the screen coming on every time you get an email etc, that sounds like a terrible idea) and don't like the keyboard then swap it out for another.

Fair enough you prefer the iPhone but these seem like some spurious and ill informed reasons to do so for me personally.

dsstrainer

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL so... I'll TRY to not flame...
1. Screen. Yes you're right.. iPhone screens are still unmatched
2. Keyboard. Big fail. iOS doesn't have Swype.. and the available swype-like options are dog****. But maybe if you are a tap-typer it is better.. I cannot compare as I've always swyped and can't stand using the iPhone keyboard.
3. Gmail app on Android store : 4.6 stars. Gmail app on Appstore: 3 stars. There is no way that the gmail app is better on iOS. not even worth discussing.
4. Notfications.. I damn near spit my drink out... you realized iOS copied (terribly I might add) the Android notifications right? So no.. not even close.
5. Speaker.. Well my M9 is much better than the iPhone 6s with the front speakers.. but I haven't heard HTCs. Still I assume it is better than iPhone since it was a main focus.
6. You use a Mac.. sorry

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
If you use OSX and everyone is on the iPhone, then it's the best for you. No need to trail blaze and have the finest OS that doesn't have bugs on every release.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I believe most of your post is true except this.

WTH? It is well known the iPhone keyboard sucks in comparison to all the 3rd party ones. And Apple makes it so that 3rd party keyboards like Swiftkey work like crap on iPhones (can't set it to default, etc)

And don't judge 3rd part keyboards by how they work on IOS. Apple MAKES them suck with no support. They purposely make it a crappy experience.

You have to compare the IOS keyboard vs 3rd party or the Google keyboard on Android phones.

I'm comparing Apples default keyboard to anything Android. I like the factory iOS one better. A close second is Samsungs default and Swiftkey on Android. I don't use third party keyboards on iOS.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
About your double gmail notifications.... you have probably set up the built in android app "Email" also the "gmail app" if you prefer the exchange style email app then in the "gmail" app settings , turn off notifications. And , if you prefer the "gmail" app disable the "Email" app
If the display is that poor (angles and color hue issues) that would be all that it would take for me to go to a different phone also!

The double emails on Gmail happen with every Android phone I use. In the last 6 months I have had the exact same issue on a 6P, S6 HTC10 and my old Note 3. I never use the factory email app.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but the majority of that just simply is not true.

I own one myself and the screen is great, no dimming or pinkness in sight, the speaker is easily the best around by quite some margin (not quite as good as my old M8's but they had to put that fingerprint sensor somewhere I guess and it is a very useful feature, notifications are great and comprehensive (quite frankly I wouldn't want the screen coming on every time you get an email etc, that sounds like a terrible idea) and don't like the keyboard then swap it out for another.

Fair enough you prefer the iPhone but these seem like some spurious and ill informed reasons to do so for me personally.

I'm not unique with this concern:

7 HTC 10 problems and how to fix them

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL so... I'll TRY to not flame...
1. Screen. Yes you're right.. iPhone screens are still unmatched
2. Keyboard. Big fail. iOS doesn't have Swype.. and the available swype-like options are dog****. But maybe if you are a tap-typer it is better.. I cannot compare as I've always swyped and can't stand using the iPhone keyboard.
3. Gmail app on Android store : 4.6 stars. Gmail app on Appstore: 3 stars. There is no way that the gmail app is better on iOS. not even worth discussing.
4. Notfications.. I damn near spit my drink out... you realized iOS copied (terribly I might add) the Android notifications right? So no.. not even close.
5. Speaker.. Well my M9 is much better than the iPhone 6s with the front speakers.. but I haven't heard HTCs. Still I assume it is better than iPhone since it was a main focus.
6. You use a Mac.. sorry

Please explain #3. I have asked prior comments but nobody has explained in detail why Android Gmail app is better.

Notifications that can be seen without interacting with the phone is important to me, the HTC 10 does not provide that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno