6.5" Screen on a Smartphone... anybody?

dodge3003

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Roll out/roll back screens. :confused:
I don't think we will see a phone of 6.5 inches but I do think a phone could be a tablet as well. This being done by having a roll out screen, it rolls out and then rolls back when you are not using it. This tech is upon us and is just waiting to become cheaper. :cool:

dodge3003

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Edge to Edge :mad:
For all the folks asking for an edge to edge screen. The fact that we do not have them is not only down to tech limitations but also to practicality. The tech issues are surmountable but the phone companies strongly believe the lack of edge would make the phone very difficult to handle, culminating in many input mistakes, thus making people think that the phone is rubbish. :cool:

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
6.5 is way to big for me That's what she said. But honestly I couldn't even imagine it. But I never thought I would see a 5.3 inch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the Samsung note but it is not on Verizon. After using the galaxy nexus for a week, I can't see how I could use anything bigger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd personally like a phone very slightly bigger than the S3, but with a 5+ inch screen and *very* little bezel. A huge battery and HD screen. That's pretty much all I need.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A 6.5 inch screen is just to big for my taste .LoL I wouldnt purchase one no matter of the make/model ;)
I would not want a phone screen bigger then 5 inch max.So phone screens between 4 inch(min) and 5 inch(max) .

Last edited:

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutely no problems carrying my Note in my jeans pocket. I wear an average size, so anyone who says they can't fit it in must be wearing ridiculously tight/skinny jeans! I also use it one-handed without any problems, but then again I do have large hands. That's part of what's so appealing about this device to me, as I find it so much easier to use - typing on my Nexus One was awful for me.

The Note is without a doubt the best phone I've ever owned and I'm never going back to a screen size smaller than this one. 6.5" though, I'm not sure. If they could fit that into the dimensions of the Note I'd definitely give it a look.

wongl0786

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow... Just wow. The note is already way too big with its 5.3 inch screen. If you want to call on a 6.5 inch screen, that would be like trying to call on a kindle fire. If you get this phone, good luck fitting it in your pocket. I will be amazed when someone does:)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Depending on which way you go. to some extent a would see why a bezel would be needed. But if Sammy Made the Phone I don't think you would need one. IMO They right now have it so when your looking at your screen the front camera will pick up your one movement and not shut off your screen. And when the GSIII is put down the screen will automatically dimms itself.

Using this tech You can easily have a full size screen 6.5 with onscreen buttons and a edge to edge screen and along side the top and bottom sensors to read facial movement and infrared to pick up heat. Me and my wife would love a 6.5 in the same form factor as the note. :)

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My current phone is a 4.3" Droid Charge. Nice size, but the G-Note to me is the "perfect" size at 5.3 - 5.5".. Every review I have read, the reviewer ends up loving the size of the screen.. One lady reviewer at Heels & Tech shows how she slips the G-Note in her front jeans pocket no problem..

I am hoping G-Note 2 comes to Verizon this time around since AT&T's exclusive rights agreement has expired and hopefully its packing either the Qualcomm Quad-Core with intergrated LTE Cpu / Adreno 320 Gpu or the Exynos 5250 Cpu / T-604 Gpu.. I am sure one of these setups will get the nod..

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
OK, if you keep the width of the current Galaxy Note (3.266"), use a screen aspect ratio of 16:9 and deploy a minimalist bezel, the result would be a 6.5" diagonal screen (5.665" X 3.187")...

THAT is the cell device I want...

I don't the OP or anyone else is saying that BIGGER Note would be better but in the same way is was talked about when the Nexus 3 came out (or was it for the GSIII? lol ). We were taking measurements from the GSII and removing the buttons from the bottom to see how much of a bigger screen could screen fit in the same amount of space and phone size we have now.

So this is the same way. That's how I'm reading this. The OP is talking about a bigger screen in the same note body that is out now. If the new note would be at 6'5 inch screen and at the same or slightly smaller then the K Fire I don't see myself holding that to my ear and making a call lol...
But My wife already said if Sprint gets it she wants it so even if its a huge phone I'll also be purchasing a really good Bluetooth for her lol. :D

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't see myself holding that to my ear and making a call lol...
But My wife already said if Sprint gets it she wants it so even if its a huge phone I'll also be purchasing a really good Bluetooth for her lol. :D

Yo, I always use the speaker to phone talk because I can hear better. But I text much more than I talk on my cell. 6.5" display I would love any day!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch