Sprint Nexus 4

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This would be too little too late since:
I'd rather wait for the Galaxy S4 but even LG itself is rumored to be releasing an Optimus G2 with 2GHz quad-core, 5-inch 1080p screen running Key Lime Pie in May. So I see no reason to get excited about an older phone finally being released on Sprint.

Nobody is releasing a phone with KLP before the nexus phones are updated with it first.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I am proud of myself for sticking it out so long with the NS4G. My upgrade comes up in June, looks like I will have some great options.

I have the same phone and my contract ends in July. I can't wait to get an upgrade I'm hoping for the Google x phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that this was an old speculative thread started in November 2012...

Is it safe to assume that there will be no CDMA Nexus 4 at this point?

I know that Google had made a compelling case for their design decisions but rumors persisted...

Can I put this one to bed, in your opinion?

Thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I know that this was an old speculative thread started in November 2012...

Is it safe to assume that there will be no CDMA Nexus 4 at this point?

Not only is it a safe bet but clinging on to purchasing a Nexus 4 is a silly thing to do when much better phones are coming out in the coming months.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Uh, it did for the previous two Nexus phones you know.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We're already passed Q1. If this was going to happen, we would have had a Nexus 4 between January and March.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2, because Sprint users must be punished for not having GSM attenas and rapid updates.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Time to move on to hoping that the X Phone is available ...

I wouldn't mind a revamped version of the Galaxy Nexus, maybe a Galaxy Nexus II. I just came from a Evo Design 4G (traded my nexus s 4g for it), and im loving it.

I could see a Galaxy Nexus II with a 4.8 inch screen, metal band like the s4, 8 meg back camera and 2 meg front camera, 2 gig ram and a snapdragon 600 processor(U.S variant). That, IMO, would be a terrific Nexus device. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2, because Sprint users must be punished for not having GSM attenas and rapid updates.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a revamped version of the Galaxy Nexus, maybe a Galaxy Nexus II. I just came from a Evo Design 4G (traded my nexus s 4g for it), and im loving it.

I could see a Galaxy Nexus II with a 4.8 inch screen, metal band like the s4, 8 meg back camera and 2 meg front camera, 2 gig ram and a snapdragon 600 processor(U.S variant). That, IMO, would be a terrific Nexus device. :)

What's wrong with the Nexus 4?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys.

I'd assume this is dead now. We know there were Sprint and AT&T LTE versions in testing late last year, but since January there's been absolutely nothing to suggest they'll see the light of day. Could still happen, but the time has probably passed.

The good news is there's no way Google can get away with not having LTE on this year's Nexus. Maybe. I hope.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.

I'd assume this is dead now. We know there were Sprint and AT&T LTE versions in testing late last year, but since January there's been absolutely nothing to suggest they'll see the light of day. Could still happen, but the time has probably passed.

The good news is there's no way Google can get away with not having LTE on this year's Nexus. Maybe. I hope.

I agree completely. The next big hope (depending on which rumors are true) for me are to see the X Phone and then keep hoping that the next Nexus is CDMA/LTE.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If this Moto "Ghost" thing comes out on Sprint and is smaller, more durable, water resistant (I think most Motorola products are?), and has LTE, I would most likely prefer it to the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with the Nexus 4?

Have you seen this thread yet? :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=265803

Yes, I posted on it several times :p

What's your point? It is sarcasm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I had already seen that you posted on the Fail thread, but when you asked what was wrong with the Nexus 4, I couldn't help myself :p

As for a CDMA Nexus, I think we're out of luck. Google already commented on how the CDMA carriers hold off the updates, and I think Google just got fed up with them. Every new user sees Google's branding on the back, and they automatically blame them for the slow update (Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus).

Motorola X phone, I believe AndroidCentral did an article not too long ago stating that they aren't releasing any phones until Motorola finishes their phones that were already planned before the buyout. I could be wrong, but I think the whole X phone is just hogwash for the next couple of years.

Last edited:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I had already seen that you posted on the Fail thread, but when you asked what was wrong with the Nexus 4, I couldn't help myself :p
That's cool. I was just trying to find out what point you were trying to make :p

As for a CDMA Nexus, I think we're out of luck. Google already commented on how the CDMA carriers hold off the updates, and I think Google just got fed up with them. Every new user sees Google's branding on the back, and they automatically blame them for the slow update (Nexus S 4G and Galaxy Nexus).
For now, at least. Hopefully in the future either VZW and Sprint will redeem themselves or they'll make the switch to GSM. I use a GSM carrier but I still hope something like this will happen because I want CDMA network users to truly experience the Nexus experience :D

Motorola X phone, I believe AndroidCentral did an article not too long ago stating that they aren't releasing any phones until Motorola finishes their phones that were already planned before the buyout. I could be wrong, but I think the whole X phone is just hogwash for the next couple of years.

That's possible. But if an X Phone is indeed released later this year, I'm sure it'll be released on all carriers.

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's hoping for vzw to go volte this year. It might be possible to have a nexus on vzw if its volte because LTE is a gsm technology and the LTE spectrum license makes carriers accept unlocked phones. One can hope at least...

Sent from my cm10.1 SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2