Are phones getting too big?

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
As others have said phone size is all up to the user...clearly some people love the Note while I personally think its massive.

I feel the sweet spot is 5" with a small bezel (like the Nexus 5). Anything bigger to me seems overkill, granted my wife has the LG G2 and it seems fine as well with the ultra slim bezels

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
There are many different size Android phones out there,, from small to big. You get what's good for you. Just as many people are now liking bigger phones as the ones who like smaller ones. That's the beauty of Android,, you have a choice

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I go a step further and think big massive phones need to die! Anything over 5in is just flat out ridiculous across the board! Everyone needs to fight the trend and show these OEMs that big doesn't make it special. Iphone and Moto X taught us that! Be creative!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There getting a little big, but so long as there is choice it doesn't matter. I'd like to see more high end choice in the 4.0 to 4.5 inch realm. It will be interesting to see if smart-watches catch on and to see if someday a smart-watch becomes a stand alone cell phone.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I go a step further and think big massive phones need to die! Anything over 5in is just flat out ridiculous across the board! Everyone needs to fight the trend and show these OEMs that big doesn't make it special. Iphone and Moto X taught us that! Be creative!

A lot of people with big hands out there. I have pretty big hands and the S4 is just about the right size for most situations. I know people with massive hands and they look ridiculous using an iPhone or pretty much anything that isn't a phablet

Posted via Android Central App

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people with big hands out there. I have pretty big hands and the S4 is just about the right size for most situations. I know people with massive hands and they look ridiculous using an iPhone or pretty much anything that isn't a phablet

Posted via Android Central App

Shrek was all thumbs with the iPhone. :)

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with big screens if that's what some people want. The problem I have is that these companies are only making their highest spec'd phones huge. When they do the mini version, it's not the same device. I'd like to see multi-sized flagship phones - all the same specs. I think the two sizes I'd start with are 4.7 and 5.2.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

That makes no sense, die. Get a phone the size you want and let others get what they want. What you are saying is "give me what I want and to hell with what someone else wants". That's a very narcissistic attitude. "i don't like it so it must die" . Lol

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That makes no sense, die. Get a phone the size you want and let others get what they want. What you are saying is "give me what I want and to hell with what someone else wants". That's a very narcissistic attitude. "i don't like it so it must die" . Lol

Sometimes customers need to be lead by the leash! Apple learned this a long time ago! They don't follow what people want! They lead, and people conform to what they do! And they love it!

If u let the market guide your decisions, they will burn you! Just ask Blackberry and Windows Phone. They're so busy trying to find out what ppl want that they forgot to lead by example. Samsung will die by being a follower in every way. Motorola and Google have got the right idea on what a phone should be! 2014-15 will be an interesting time to see how these trends go.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Nobody guides my decisions. I had a tablet and I had a phone. No matter that my 10 inch tablet was always right there I still did my things on my phone. I realized that as long as I am going to use my phone regardless of having one of the best tablets on the market I might as well get a bigger phone. I sold my tablet and I do not miss it at all. A bigger phone is much more practical for me. Your saying it's better to not have a mind of your own and be led, and be happy your being led. You really dont realize how stupid you sound do you.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Nobody guides my decisions. I had a tablet and I had a phone. No matter that my 10 inch tablet was always right there I still did my things on my phone. I realized that as long as I am going to use my phone regardless of having one of the best tablets on the market I might as well get a bigger phone. I sold my tablet and I do not miss it at all. A bigger phone is much more practical for me. Your saying it's better to not have a mind of your own and be led, and be happy your being led. You really dont realize how stupid you sound do you.

I'm not saying its better for all. I'm saying it's better for many. I'm also not saying there should be no big phones. But let's get real! Its a nitch! Plain n simple! My beef is that every phone now a days is 5+ inches when that is not practical in most cases. I also believe that more ppl have less choice because all flagships are tablet size phones with in the android world.

And while the iPhone has become a bit small, no one is looking for a 5" screen for the iPhone 6. What people want is flagship specs and a future proof device in a nice package. And personally, I think that's why Apple is so popular in the US, love em or hate em! They're the only ones who do high end in a practical manner. No gimmicks. And if u weed out those who get 5+ in phones because of the lack of choice, the few that are left are just enough to make tablet phones a notch product.

As for the insults, let's just say I never insulted you and I intend to keep it that way for the benefit of this being a respectable forum for discussion.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying its better for all. I'm saying it's better for many. I'm also not saying there should be no big phones. But let's get real! Its a nitch! Plain n simple! My beef is that every phone now a days is 5+ inches when that is not practical in most cases. I also believe that more ppl have less choice because all flagships are tablet size phones with in the android world.

And while the iPhone has become a bit small, no one is looking for a 5" screen for the iPhone 6. What people want is flagship specs and a future proof device in a nice package. And personally, I think that's why Apple is so popular in the US, love em or hate em! They're the only ones who do high end in a practical manner. No gimmicks. And if u weed out those who get 5+ in phones because of the lack of choice, the few that are left are just enough to make tablet phones a notch product.

As for the insults, let's just say I never insulted you and I intend to keep it that way for the benefit of this being a respectable forum for discussion.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Read the countless posts of the many ios converts that said that was one if they main reasons for leaving apple no choice of size. And zman wasnt insulting you u actually do sound kinda dictatorish with your comments big phones gotta die lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Read the countless posts of the many ios converts that said that was one if they main reasons for leaving apple no choice of size. And zman wasnt insulting you u actually do sound kinda dictatorish with your comments big phones gotta die lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

First of all, only android OEMs Collectively can compete with Apple's iPhone. Not one manufacturer on it's own can do that, not even Samsung. So for you to even try to bring up the idea that more ppl are leaving iOS for big screens is ridiculous. In fact, it's the other way around! HTC and LG desperately wish that was the case but it's not!

And by calling someone stupid is an insult. To believe otherwise is ..... Well.... Stupid??? Anyway, dictatorish? Cause I think phablets are absurd and should die off? Great! Don't give me the keys to the nukes then! Frankly, I could care less!

Last edited:

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How do u know what tom **** and harry likes? That's what zman including others in these posts been telling u different strokes for different folks. Its not just screen size. If u and whoever likes ios like having apple tell u what's good or not is fine but us who are adults and want to do what they please with their merchandise are doing just fine with android. And u said all the oems collectively well that was googles mission to have android the opposite of ios....open source google what that mean bro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress