Jrmatics

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok it would be crazy if the evo shift was the original evo's successor. There has to be an evo 2 in the works for sprint. From what I thought the evo did well for sprint. So why would sprint come out with a smaller version with a slide out keyboard and disregard the original evo's success. I for one like the slide out keyboards. I also have the touch pro and touch pro 2 collecting dust, but I can live without the keyboard cause I love my evo. And dont see myself updating my device till a real evo 2 comes out. I wouldn't mind a 4.3 inch touch screen with slide out keyboard. In this day and age I think it can be done without adding too much bulk to the device. I think sprint will separate these two devices even though they both have evo in their name

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is coming with the Evo 3D at ctia
I've been hoping this wouldn't be true, but it looks like it is. I can't see3D, so it is of no interest to me, and I doubt I'd find 3D very motivating even if I did have 3D vision. It's very bad news, since Sprint is only gonna have a certain amount of wow factor in a new phone, and the 3D will take up some of the oxygen that could be used for something more useful! At best the hardware and software to do 3D will add bulk and volume and cost for something useless to me, and of little use to most people, I suspect.

I may be waiting a bit longer to upgrade, not the worst thing in the world. Well see what else is in the phone.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok it would be crazy if the evo shift was the original evo's successor. There has to be an evo 2 in the works for sprint. From what I thought the evo did well for sprint. So why would sprint come out with a smaller version with a slide out keyboard and disregard the original evo's success. I for one like the slide out keyboards. I also have the touch pro and touch pro 2 collecting dust, but I can live without the keyboard cause I love my evo. And dont see myself updating my device till a real evo 2 comes out. I wouldn't mind a 4.3 inch touch screen with slide out keyboard. In this day and age I think it can be done without adding too much bulk to the device. I think sprint will separate these two devices even though they both have evo in their name

Wow, are you starting your own cell phone museum? I for one can't stand slide out keyboards OR physical keyboards in general on smart phones. I like a huge touch screen. :cool:

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
there's a lot that COULD come out on March 22nd at CTIA, I have looked at it and done my research and so far it looks like they're showing off 2 phones and a tablet. the two phones are supposed to be the nexus S and some form of evo. The tablet is (supposedly) an evo view, very similar to an HTC Flye. We shall see on March 22nd. IMO, i would like to see an evo with a display similar to retina, a dual-core if not 2 dual-core processors and giant internal storage. I am looking forward to it

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I own an evo and epic 4G and if they come out with a Evo 2 or Evo 3D or W.E it better have GREAT battery life needs to have 1750mAh at the least. The battery is what made me sad about the EVO other then that I LOVED it. I also love the Epics super amoled screen that is something HTC should think about.

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
im currently a blackberry user and am kinda disappointed with os6. the poor functionality of the new UI and lack of media capabilities has been driving me nuts lately. i've been eying up the evo cause i have an upgrade on may 1 but i'd like to see some hard evidence of a new evo-line phone. i'd hate to burn my upgrade on some 3d bullsh*t but i cant wait to get my hands on an android phone....

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
3d = beastly processor. So once again, whats the issue with 3d again? 3d insures the processor being very powerful. we all want dual core right? Well now that we will be getting a dual core htc device, now everyone wants to complain about 3d. If you dont want to use 3d, you dont have to, the phone will still operate in 2d form. Quit complaining, and be glad htc will have a dual core device..

Reactions: MannyZ28

joneslaw22#AC

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think 3D on a phone device is rather stupid. But hey, to each their own. As long as the 3D can be disabled it has potential. We shall find out next week. Hopefully it's not something lame...er NEW like details on their global 4G roaming.

Also, I like Sense, but I would really like to see HTC make it optional. Allow the user to buy the device and if they want to run stock android, they can do so (without having to root the phone), or opt for the Sense interface. One device that can appeal to both crowds.

Totally agree

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
im currently a blackberry user and am kinda disappointed with os6. the poor functionality of the new UI and lack of media capabilities has been driving me nuts lately. i've been eying up the evo cause i have an upgrade on may 1 but i'd like to see some hard evidence of a new evo-line phone. i'd hate to burn my upgrade on some 3d bullsh*t but i cant wait to get my hands on an android phone....

CTIA should answer your questions. Hold out until the end of March

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: michael.molloy1985

EVO2

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes they are coming out with the EVO 2, a Sprint Employee told me and my mom, when my mom was going to buy the EVO for herself. :) HA I WIN!!!! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress