LG V60 ThinQ & G9 ThinQ are coming very soon

melvinmajor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just to fix everything, I worked for a year and a half for LG until very end of 2019.
I gave some info on XDA Dev and sometimes in comment of couple articles.
Strangely, XDA community took care of what I wrote (I also gave renders of a prototype of the G8s back in March, renders can be found at the end of this post even though they're not necessary anymore :D).

First of all, G9 and V60 are in development for months now and are ready to be launched. Expect an announcement for MWC 2020 (and not IFA 2019 as an early article stated, which I commented as TOTALLY NOT TRUE (and that you had to expect for a new G8 series smartphone) but no one from Android Central read it).

Expect Snapdragon 855/855+/865 (can't give more info, never could have more about that), 6GB RAM (8GB for V60), 128GB internal storage (expandable with microSD).
G9 is essentially the G8X with some minor improvements.
V60 is essentially the G8X with a bigger screen (6.7 inch).

One of them will have a curved screen (expect that for G9 but a prototype of the V60 had it...).
Both screen will be 2K OLED.
NOT ANY MENTION ABOUT "Hand ID" AND "Air Motion" ! Don't expect to see it on G9 and V60 !
The front of both devices will have similar design of the G8X (notch style for the front camera lens).
Both of them will support 3rd generation of LG Dual Screen technology (better hinges, better screen to body ratio).
Launch on market expected by March/April with free silicon case even though you will have the package with LG Dual Screen included (just like G8X).

Several shops already saw the finished product and already signed to receive those models.
Don't expect any launch in France, Germany, UK and Belgium (still no shop signed for at the moment).

I still need to find out how to have pictures of the finished product but not sure if I would be able to have them without putting someone in trouble.

-----
Renders of the G8s in March, after G8 announcement at MWC but not any prototype of the G8s presented as far as I know:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch