Choose the CWM Recovery Color

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm working on fixing the button layout in CWM for the Continuum. Currently, it's using the Fascinate button layout, but the buttons are reported differently to the system, so I have fixed that part. However, I'd like to make it a different color so that the various recovery files don't get confused. Because of this, I'd like the Continuum users to pick what color they'd like recovery to be. It can be anything really, but I won't make it red, green, or bright orange to avoid confusion, and I'd like to avoid blue as well. All I need to know is the color code you'd like, either in HTML HEX (ie. #FFFFFF) or RGB (255, 255, 255). This is for the menu text, so the background will be black, and selected text white. I'm not completely sure how to change the background/selected text color yet, but if you have a color you'd like and want them inversed (white background, black selected text), please state that with your color choice. I'll accept suggestions for the next week, and after that, I'll take the color choice that people selected and put it in place.

Reactions: Trailblazer101
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm... lol
Well, the color doesn't really matter for me.. Personally, i actually like the original recovery blue look, i think its spiffy :p
Have you managed to get any kernel's working that don't cause the boot problems? :) Hopefully thats next :D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I like blue aswell but then when im asking someone if they are in clockwork and they tell me its a blue screen i may think they are in stock recovery.

I like the orange color of the new clockwork but since its taken i would say yellow aswell as long as its not to harsh on the eyes

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Seems like blue is the current favorite. Yellow, at least a bright yellow, can be difficult to read as I have tried that already playing around with colors :p Cyan was mentioned as a possibility as well, which would be a light blue and could work for those that like blue. I've also figured out how to make the background white, so if you want a white background with dark text (or any color background really) that can be arranged as well.

CrazyKnight128

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe white background with black or blue letters. Im just throwing ideas out there. To me whst ever works.is cool with me lol.

Sent from my SPACE TIME CONTINUUM!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Seems like blue is the current favorite. Yellow, at least a bright yellow, can be difficult to read as I have tried that already playing around with colors :p Cyan was mentioned as a possibility as well, which would be a light blue and could work for those that like blue. I've also figured out how to make the background white, so if you want a white background with dark text (or any color background really) that can be arranged as well.

white background with blue lettering thats cool

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I've played with a bunch of different color combos, and while the white background is kinda cool, it's hard to get colors to stand out on it and still be readable. However, the light blue on black looks really good ;)

CrazyKnight128

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've played with a bunch of different color combos, and while the white background is kinda cool, it's hard to get colors to stand out on it and still be readable. However, the light blue on black looks really good ;)

Cool cool, cant wait till you realse some cool stuff.

Sent from my SPACE TIME CONTINUUM!!

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't look like I'm going to get any more votes. I'll try to get some screenshots of some blue on black, and blue on white recoveries, since blue seems to be everyone's choice. After that, I'll get an update.zip built, and also try to make a recovery kernel that boots straight to cwm.

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Here are two pics, one blue on white, the other blue on black. If you'd like a different shade of blue on either, let me know as it can be changed. If you like the colors, then pick which you like better, and I can then work on getting a signed update.zip made for recovery.

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy pics, but it's hard to get decent pics of recovery, at least I haven't found a way to get a clear one yet.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Here are two pics, one blue on white, the other blue on black. If you'd like a different shade of blue on either, let me know as it can be changed. If you like the colors, then pick which you like better, and I can then work on getting a signed update.zip made for recovery.

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy pics, but it's hard to get decent pics of recovery, at least I haven't found a way to get a clear one yet.

Just use the sdk DDMS , when in recovery adb connection works so you can screen capture no problems

I actually like the white and black now that i see it