Galaxy A50 not charging with a new cord.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I just got a brand new USB 3.0 USB type C cable that won't charge my phone either through a brick or PC. I've tried it on a friend's Huawei phone later and everything works properly. Are there any specific Samsung needs?

BTW Old cable works perfectly fine.

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi team, I have the same issue. I bought a USB C cable and that doesn't work on my A50 either. But I tested it on a different A50 and it works fine. Works fine on other Samsung models as well. I notice that when I switch off the phone and plug the new cable, the charging animation shows but doesn't charge. Also noticed that I am unable to switch on the phone if that cable is still plugged in.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi team, I have the same issue. I bought a USB C cable and that doesn't work on my A50 either. But I tested it on a different A50 and it works fine. Works fine on other Samsung models as well. I notice that when I switch off the phone and plug the new cable, the charging animation shows but doesn't charge. Also noticed that I am unable to switch on the phone if that cable is still plugged in.
Hi, welcome !
Have you tried safe mode and charging?

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
After the software update, the other A50 that was working with my cable has stopped working now as well. This is not good. Now I remember I also had my update just before my cable arrived.

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
They won't exchange your phone because the cable not Samsung?

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the phone physically. And it charges when I use the Samsung cable. So there argument will be to use the cable supplied with the phone. I already tried Samsung members and they didn't seem bothered by the issue I raised.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, there is nothing wrong with the phone physically. And it charges when I use the Samsung cable. So there argument will be to use the cable supplied with the phone. I already tried Samsung members and they didn't seem bothered by the issue I raised.
What happened to the orginal cable?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall