Galaxy a50 issue

Mars Sojourner

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys, hope all is well.
I just got a galaxy a50 last week.

Earlier this evening, I realized that the battery was completely drained and I went ahead and plugged the charging cable into it.
a) After it charged the phone till 30% I unplugged the charging cable and pushed the power button to turn the phone on.
When I pushed the power button, all that i am seeing is a circle with a lightning bolt inside. The circle with the lightning bolt lasts for about 10 seconds and the screen goes black.

b) When I pushed the power button again for a few seconds again, all that i am seeing is a circle with a lightning bolt inside. The circle with the lightning bolt lasts for about another 10 seconds and the screen goes black.

c) I also noticed that WHILE the phone is being charged, and I push the power button, the phone turns on normally.

Seems like it powers up ONLY, WHILE it is being charged, and by that I mean, only when the charging wire is stuck into it.

How do I fix this situation?

Thank you for your replies

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try letting it charge undisturbed for at least 6 hours, then unplug and see if it'll power on and stay on.

Wan-hung-lo

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
I have a similar problem and was told that the charging board is faulty. I am looking to find the correct part # so I do not waste money on the wrong part. Does anyone have that part number. My phone is a s506 dl. Thank you