Pricing? Discounts? Price drop?

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm a GS3 user thinking about buying a Gear watch. I suspect that "most" of us are waiting on price.

So what are your thoughts on the $299 price? When you think we'll see a price drop, and to how much? I notice Best Buy stores have limited stock for the moment... Curious what ya'll think - I can tell you what I think.

Thanks!! :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm a GS3 user thinking about buying a Gear watch. I suspect that "most" of us are waiting on price.

So what are your thoughts on the $299 price? When you think we'll see a price drop, and to how much? I notice Best Buy stores have limited stock for the moment... Curious what ya'll think - I can tell you what I think.

Thanks!! :D

I got mine at the $209+tax price at BB.. I flashed the screen shot of somebody's Tmobile discount page that was on this forum, and BB honored it.. Not only that, I did not know how to work the GG, and got it stuck in a mode, didn't know how to get it out. So, I returned it.. I told them I want a another one same color. I had to wait a week for them to ship one from another store. But, I got it at the $209 price again. In addition, (don't mean to run it), I saw where they were selling on Ebay way over the my $209 price, so I was lucky enough to pick another one up at BB at the same price, and made a profit off that one.

The trick or the way to do it, is to call BB, asked do they have one in stock. If they do, and the color you want, asked them do they do price match. If they say "yes", asked for the person's name. Get a screen shot off this forum, go to BB armed with the screen shot, asked for the person you spoke to on the phone, and 99.9% you will get the GG at the $209 price.

IMO, you can't go in a store cold and expect them to do it, you have to do that call bit, asked those questions, and then asked for the person who you spoke to on the phone. Just my 2 cents on how to get the GG at the sweet $209 Tmobile discount price.

Plus, TMobile had a backtrack too. After their discount ended, they had a limited time they were doing this for Tmobile customers. You would ask for the discount on the phone, they will tell you to pay full price, and they will credit the discount back to your card.

Luck to you... :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
BB is onto the TMobile price match deal and won't honor it.

Wrong, I just picked up two from BestBuy in two days.. Put them on Ebay, sold them at a profit.. If you go into a BB COLD, that is without calling in first, and speaking to sombody about price matching, the 9 out 10 when you go in, they will not do it..

I am work right now, but when I get home, I am going to take pictures of the recipts. The are dated 11/3/13, and 11/4/13 and I paid cash for these so there is none of my personal info on the receipts. Again, the trick is to CALL and ASK FIRST. The walkin will never work..

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Wrong, I just picked up two from BestBuy in two days.. Put them on Ebay, sold them at a profit.. If you go into a BB COLD, that is without calling in first, and speaking to sombody about price matching, the 9 out 10 when you go in, they will not do it..

I am work right now, but when I get home, I am going to take pictures of the recipts. The are dated 11/3/13, and 11/4/13 and I paid cash for these so there is none of my personal info on the receipts. Again, the trick is to CALL and ASK FIRST. The walkin will never work..

You assume that I didn't call ahead first I did. I ask if they would price match and they said they would, but once the rep on the phone found out it was from TMobile he said they couldn't. Maybe I could call around and find one that would, but I don't want the watch that bad and the time spent calling around to get the discount for me is hardly worth the effort.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You assume that I didn't call ahead first I did. I ask if they would price match and they said they would, but once the rep on the phone found out it was from TMobile he said they couldn't. Maybe I could call around and find one that would, but I don't want the watch that bad and the time spent calling around to get the discount for me is hardly worth the effort.

Sorry for thinking you didn't call ahead first. The reason I thought that was if you called ahead, and ASKED them if they would price match, it would be a small thing to flash the screen shot after they said they would price match. If they said NO on the phone, then I wouldn't go to the that store or asked to speak to some one else. This has worked for me 4 times in a row, because I returned one, and told them I thought it was defective, actually, I didn't know how to work it, and didn't want to take the chance. I returned, it, and had them ship a black one from another store, and I got that one at the same price too.

Here are the receipts my two RECENT purchases at BestBuy, for $209, and $222 with tax..
I purchased one yesterday, and one the day before..11/3/13 and 11/4/13

ccpp1.jpg

ccpp2.jpg

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've tried at 3 stores and all three politely said no after checking with management. I even showed my receipt (the order was called back by T-Mobile) and no luck. One store did say that if they could find it online for that price they'd honor it. Of course they didn't because it was a promo code but I never disclosed that.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried at 3 stores and all three politely said no after checking with management. I even showed my receipt (the order was called back by T-Mobile) and no luck. One store did say that if they could find it online for that price they'd honor it. Of course they didn't because it was a promo code but I never disclosed that.

Posted via Android Central App

Could it be that I was just lucky with the store personnel, as in, not being stuff shirts?

I will admit, I did all this at one store. On the one I returned, I did that at another store, but I had already got their guarantee to get another one at the same price, which I did..
Back to the first store.. I called, asked them did they have a Gear in black, the answer was yes.. Then I asked would they price match? They said yes. Got the saleman's name. The store was 10 miles away, and I was doing 90 on the highway.. :D Went over and asked for the person I spoke too. Now here where I was lucky. The salesman was not a stuff shirt.. He pulled out the watch, I flashed the Tmobile screen shot showing $209 price(btw the Tmobile had long been stopped and no longer offering that.. He took a GLANCING LOOK while was still in my hand.. And then proceeding to ring me up. He wasn't even the manager...Now, with first one in my hand, I am armed with a valid receipt showing that BB did price match on 10/9/13

At that time they are flying on ebay for over $300 So, I went back on the 10/11/13(same store)Got receipt and screen shot. No problems what so ever..Sold that one for $310. Now, the one I have, and since I don't know to work it, I had RECORD VOICE MEMO coming up with the double tap..I must have did that by mistake. Anyway, I returned that to another store, and told them I think it is defective,and I want another one. I showed them where that one was price match so I am entilteld to another one at the same price. They talked to managers and agreed. When that came in at the store where I made the return, I went in a picked it for the same price. Fast foward to 11/3/13, I see they are still selling pretty well on Ebay for at least $70 more than what I paid. So, I called my original store and told them I had to return the other one, and need to get another one at the same price. Come to find the guy who sold me the first one wasn't a manager. This time I get the mobile manager, who happened to be a nice guy. .Told him I had to return and wanted another one at the discount price. He told me okay. BTW, I did this over the phone before I came to the store. Now I have a manager okaying a price match of a price match.. I picked that one up, and that sold in one hour for profit..

Now, here comes the funny part.. I called back to the store the next day, and told them I needed another one watch for somebody in the family., could I get another one at the same price.. They said of course we will do that for you.. I did 100 mph getting to the store. That is the one I got on 11/4/13. From reading all the scenarios the personnel in all the stores I went to, were not stuff shirts or rule beaters.. Whereas, it seemed like you all ran into brick walls. Sorry for that. I just couldn't understand how easy it was for me to get 3 to 4 Gears way after the Tmobile discount had went down..

Sorry for the long story.. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez