Galaxy Gear: Returned...

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a Gear off ebay and i tell ya it's been a god send for me, no longer do i need to carry my phone around with me just in case i miss a important call or message, Note 3 rings while im in another room or upstairs I just answer the call with my watch.

As it is the Gear does exactly what i need it to, tell me the time and also let me know of calls and messages as it was intended to, I'm not bothered if i can't get the net on it or keyboards ect that what my Note 3 for.

If anything the Gear 2 needs to loose the camera on the strap, make it fully waterproof, add a front facing camera for video calls, also GPS wouldn't be a bad idea aswell, also a small notification light of some sort.

You know, when I bought the watch I thought the phone thingy was kind of a waste. Now that I get the calls on my watch I do not think so. Its totally a handy feature now that I never thought would be of value.

I heard that Samsung has some visions for the camera down the road. So far the only benefit the camera has had for me was when we were in a bar taking pictures of our friends. Other than that, I rarely use it. I heard that it might eventually scan bar codes and such. That would be a cool feature.

I also like the fact that I can lock and unlock my phone with the watch. So, when I am in range, it will leave the phone unlocked but once I am out of range it locks the phone

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Wrong. "Refurbished" means a flaw was identified in the hardware and was fixed or non-working parts are replaced. "Like new" means some dude wore it a couple weeks or so and now wants to sell it. Very different things
I've always used them interchangeably but your explanation sounds correct. Just to add to the confusion here is the description from my ebay purchase:
Condition:Seller refurbished
“LIKE NEW: THIS WATCH IS IN PERFECT COSMETIC CONDITION!”

matejj

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If anything the Gear 2 needs to loose the camera on the strap, make it fully waterproof, add a front facing camera for video calls, also GPS wouldn't be a bad idea aswell, also a small notification light of some sort.

Thats the main reason I returned mine....Just the hope of Samsung adding some of the things you mentioned was enough for me to do without it for a few months...and if they don't, there will be tons of Gear 1's available much cheaper that the 340 I paid for mine. I loved all the functions but it really needs to be waterproof, the way it stands now, its like strapping a cell phone to your wrist. It really should do minimal things independently from the phone, like a fitness / running app. But, one if my biggest gripes is that it was not thought out enough. Since Samsung gave ANY (in fact 2) way of responding to texts (s voice and saved responses) why wouldnt you put a keyboard on it? Things like that need to be addressed....