Updates?

bigdexxx

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried to update my Note 10.1 (2014) once it arrived to me. The problem I'm having is that when I click UPDATE, the screen will say registering device, then processing failed. Now to be clear, I'm not currently in the U.S., so is there anyway I can get the updates pushed.

I also tried to register on the samsung website for the galaxy perks and the registration process doesn't work. I called Samsung and they are aware, but do not have a timeframe that it will be fixed.

Any help out there???

bigdexxx

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Afghanistan and I have the p600 model (brought in the U.S. through amazon), I will try the kies method this afternoon, then odin if needed.

Thanks for the help.

bigdexxx

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
vdc530: Thanks a lot I was able to get the update through Samsung kies

Also for anyone looking at this the samsung galaxy perks registration page is working again

knuck1111

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by bigdexx

vdc530: Thanks a lot I was able to get the update through Samsung kies

Also for anyone looking at this the samsung galaxy perks registration page is working again

Where did you find the update?. The only thing Kies tells me is that my firmware is up to date.

Tried to register for the perks. I get an error message telling me the MAC Address and the S/N don't match even though I took them right off the Settings/About Device/Status screen.

bigdexxx

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Are the last three digits of your build MK1, if so, you have the latest U.S. update

Now on the galaxy perks, make sure the page states galaxy note 10.1 2014 and NOT galaxy tab 3. My registration page took me straight to the galaxy tab 3, I then clicked on the correct product and registration went perfect. It took me around a day or so to get the email though.

knuck1111

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Bigdexx
My build ends in MJ4. Did you update from the Settings/General/About Device/Software Update , through Kies or somewhere else? Also do you get multiple user support with your build? When I check for updates I receive a message that "the latest updates have already been installed" and Kies tells me my firmware is current.

bigdexxx

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Bigdexx
My build ends in MJ4. Did you update from the Settings/General/About Device/Software Update , through Kies or somewhere else? Also do you get multiple user support with your build? When I check for updates I receive a message that "the latest updates have already been installed" and Kies tells me my firmware is current.

I updated through Kies, build MK1 has the multiple user support. Now if you can't update it that way you can search the forum on here and find out how to do it with the Odin program (I have never used it)

knuck1111

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada. I spoke to Samsung Canada who were not aware of any updates and told me there are no updates anywhere as it's a new unit. Of course this is not correct as you know. Unfortunately up here, not only do we not get updates, we also get no perks. Apparently if I buy the Note in the US, where it's $50 cheaper, there is no international warranty so I can't get it serviced here. The wifi version must be identical from country to country. Why updates would not be simultaneously released worldwide makes no sense! Especially for a company who want to increase market share. I guess the Note is going back to the store for an iPad air.