Netflix on the road

carl292

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone
My daughteris going on a road trip from Illinois to North Carolina as a passenger and would like to watch move as to kill some time. We have Netflix, is the a way to connect while traveling or is it better to download movies.
We have never downloaded to this device so any and all help on the cheapest way to do this is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would hotspot your phones connection to the tablet -- As long as your data plan can support streaming from Netflix. It can eat up data pretty quick.

carl292

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
So maybe downloading a few to view offline might buy better. What is the best place for offline movies to be downloaded for free or cheapest?
Oh and how do u save them.
Last time I tried for a plane trip and it was a pain to find it. Thanks guys

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Downloading copyrighted material for free is warez and is not something we discuss here at Android Central.

carl292

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
OK then not for free. Just want to know where to go for offline movies to download and where to out them on her 10.1 .

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK then not for free. Just want to know where to go for offline movies to download and where to out them on her 10.1 .

You can go buy & then download them from places like the Google Play store.

carl292

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
O.k , so we have like boxes of old and new dvd's that we bought and she wants to put them on my laptop and transfer to her 10.1 note. What software is needed or is it a simple process.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
You do know that most commercial movie dvd's are encrypted don't you? So you would have to decrypt them to a computer then copy to your external SD card using a card reader. Not simple for those that have to ask the questions you are asking. Movies take up some space on the card so you would need a card that can hold the number of movies you want. I use MakeMKV to do what you want but you may loose chapter functions. Then you need to get a player for the 10.1 to play the movies.