Please Help, New to Tablets Buy this or wait

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Bosbouer, Thank you. My model is the P600 WiFi only. No, I don't believe I have that multi user

I have the wifi only and it does have the multi user. Go to settings > general > users. On the upper right corner should be a little icon with a head and a plus sign, like in the screen shot bosbouer posted. I tried it once, but deleted it ;-) I dont want to share my tablet with anyone.

Also get youself a nice big microSD card for extra storage. I keep tons of pics and videos on it to keep internal storage as clean as possible.

Also play around with various office suites and pdf apps to see what you like best. I prefer Kingsoft office and Repligo pdf reader.

Keep exploring, asking questions, and having fun!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Diane, I don't think I care about the multi user either, but thanks for clarification. Had a little bit of time to play over the weekend. I will at some point get an SD card.... I think I have a Samsung 64GB saved in my list on Amazon it's down to like $20! Thanks for the recommendations, office and pdf.

Can't seem to enlarge font size even though I did clearly select it in settings. The Samsung browser is terrible. It freezes up. D/L Chrome and will try Dolphin as well. Will explore more as soon as I have a bit of time. Thanks for all the help everyone! It's truly appreciated!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have pretty good luck with Google Chrome , but force it into desktop "PC" mode... The tablet/fone style is really bad.... Only negative is "Flash" or lack of flash.... Tablet version only seems to want "video' in HTML5 formats which industry has not moved up to...

Dale

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have pretty good luck with Google Chrome , but force it into desktop "PC" mode... The tablet/fone style is really bad.... Only negative is "Flash" or lack of flash.... Tablet version only seems to want "video' in HTML5 formats which industry has not moved up to...

Dale

I find that "puffin browser" is really good with playing/handling flash content.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all. Yes, so far Chrome has worked very well. Will try Dolphin soon as well. The stock browser just kept freezing up. I haven't had much time to fully play with it yet. So, little by little..........

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had problems with the stock browser and email apps after the tablet updated to 4.4.2. However it seems to rectify the problems if you do a reset to factory defaults.

Posted via the Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with the stock browser and email apps after the tablet updated to 4.4.2. However it seems to rectify the problems if you do a reset to factory defaults.

Posted via the Android Central App
Thank you. I might just do that, seeing that I haven't set up to many things yet.