Update

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So I picked up the Note 10.1 last night. So far I've spent a few hours with it and it just may replace my 3rd generation iPad. Anyway, did anyone else get prompted for an update this morning? It's about 50 MB. It said it was for stability improvements.

It's installing now. I know it's not Jelly Bean, but was just wondering what they fixed.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just installed it and it is definitely not jelly bean.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Hmm...I've only had the Note for a very short time so I can't say for certain that I came across any force closes or lags or any other performance issues, would love to see what the change log is for this update. Maybe WiFi?

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am afraid to update mine! This is the first Android tablet I have owned that works as it should. No lag, No Force closes, No constant home screen redrawing, and no "wait or terminate" messages!

I may wait until I hear feedback on this one.

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Still not able to attach anything except something from the gallery to Gmail.. what's up with that seems like Samsung should change that.. also the California court ruled yesterday there was not "discernable" difference between the Samsung Galaxy and an ipad and ordered that Samsung cease selling them in the United States until this is resolved.. What's up with all of that?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Still not able to attach anything except something from the gallery to Gmail.. what's up with that seems like Samsung should change that.. also the California court ruled yesterday there was not "discernable" difference between the Samsung Galaxy and an ipad and ordered that Samsung cease selling them in the United States until this is resolved.. What's up with all of that?

Not to get off topic but... got a source on that? How can there be a verdict yesterday when the Jury is deliberating today on the outcome of the Apple VS Samsung case?

Also, regarding the email attachment, it's not the most efficient way but if you use the file browser built into the Note (it's a yellow folder labeled "My Files"), select the files you want to attach by checking off the check box next to them, you can then select the "Share" icon (looks like this <) at the very top allowing you to attach the document to anything like an email, upload it to Google drive, group cast, etc. I always save all the documents I need into a folder on my Tab called Documents on my external SD card. If you need to attach something you downloaded from somewhere, you can find it in a folder called "Download" in the "sdcard" (this is the built in memory of the Note) folder. The "extSdCard" folder is if you installed additional memory, if you didn't install additional memory then you will not see that folder.

Last edited:

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The tab in question was the original tab, which has been off the market so to speak since the tab 2 was released. In other words, the tab was frozen for sale until the court case is over. The court case is deciding if there will be a monetary settlement for apple due to the tab looking like the iPad. No ruling yesterday, just an order from judge Koh for apple and Samsung to sit down and figure out a resolution. if they can't, then it goes to the jury for a decision.

As far as the update, it is most definitely not jelly bean, as it appears jelly bean weighs in around 250 MB or so. I installed mine this morning. I was experiencing some crashing of the browser and what appeared to be the system freezing up at times for only about 15 to 20 seconds.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to see if I can repeat either of the issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've only had mine for just over a day, but I have had a couple of xxx app has stopped responding, type messages, and app crashes. One was when I tried to take a picture to embed in a note. The camera app crashed on that one.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I hate to ask what is probably a stupid question but how did you get notified of the update?

Mine had a message when I turned it on this morning. It will get pushed to your Note. Or, you can go into Settings --> About device --> Software Update

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
One thing Ive noticed thats different after the update is in the browser. Before, I used to be able to close the browser by closing all the tabs, but ifyou close all thr tabs now, youre left with only one empty, blank one.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh and a question, for those of you that havent updated yet, are you able to set what Google search is able to look for? Meaning, can you set it to search for contacts, music, etc. I didnt try it out before I updated it. I feel like the update got rid of the universal search.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Also updated this morning and have been using it all day with no noticable differences. Was just prompted when i turned it on.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
On my S Note app I don't have the button to hide the top tool bar :(

Anyone have that issue too? This is AFTER that random update :eek:

I don't see it as much as an issue. Before I would always have to make the toolbar rise up because it would get in the way of the top of the note that I would be writing. So yes, after the update the button to hide the toolbar has disappeared. I think this is good because to move the document before, but you would have to click the button, and click the button to move the document, move the document, perform click the button to edit, and then click the hide toolbar button again.

I've also been noticed that the option to record the drawings is available in all the different layouts, not just the idea note layout.