Texting with Note 10.1

jhbacon

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I think I have a basic question that has been eluding me.....
Is there a way I can send a text on my Note (wifi only) using my existing phone number ? My goal is to be able to send texts (because of the keyboard) from the Note, but receive them on my phone.
Thanks !

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice allows you to do this. My wife has a Galaxy S3 and Note 10. All the texts she receives on the S3 also show up on the Note. I am not sure if the texts you write on the Note will also show up on your phone. You would have to try to find out.

jhbacon

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
O devil: Mighty Text looks like it may work for one of my phones (android). However, I was equally interested in the same fun tion for a non android, non smart phone.
Giving Mighty Text a try tonight

JRSharp : I utilize the Verizon network through a no contract provider, but not directly from verizon

kerrins

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I think many of the previous examples use a different phone number. When I use Google Voice SMS it's not the same as my mobile number. However, since I use AT&T I am able to use AT&T Messages which I can use on both my PC and my Note 10.1. Another alternative is FoneLink from Bluestack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa