This tablet is suppose to have pressure sensitivity, right?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, long time since I posted in this forum. I have been using my Note 10.1 for almost two years now. Got it when it first came out in 2012 and use it just about every night for drawing and love it still! I've been doing some research online about getting a small tablet instead of an Apple magic Trackpad for my new IMac. While I was looking online, I kept seeing all the tablets have pressure sensitivity and I seem to remember our tablet does too.

Only problem is, I'm not getting any on mine. I don't actually think it's been working for quite awhile now. Can anyone on here tell me if we do have that on our tablet. I tried on S note and some art apps I have and I know they have adjustments for Line thickness in the apps, but I could swear there was suppose to be some pressure sensitivity where you could start out not pressing hard and press harder to get thicker lines. Unless I'm not using the right apps or something, I can't get it to work. I've tried to get it to work with my Samsung Slate Pen I bought a couple of months since buying the 10.1 and even the S pen that came with my Note 10.1 doesn't get any PS.

I need to know, because my Squaretrade Warranty ends in October and If I can at least get my Note 10.1 fixed, I want to do it before the warranty runs out. Thanks for any help I can get.:)

Edit: I've been reading some past reviews on the 2012 note 10.1 and it does have a pressure sensitive stylus. So will have to play around with both of mine and see if I can get it to work. So far not working.

Last edited:

crachor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I just recently bought the 2012 model (price was better) for taking notes. Yes, it does have pressure sensitivity; I use autodesk sketchbook pro (and other apps) and lines do get thicker depending on how much pressure I apply.
It does sound like something is wrong with yours, I would definitely get it checked.

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does have pressure sensitivity. ArtFlow is a free app that suppoets both pen pressure sensitivity and palm rejection.

Sent from my GT-N8013

Nickace2000

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does have pressure sensitivity. Because yours is not working you have 3 options. Go on with you life without pressure sensitivity. Replace you screen. Buy a new tablet. I recommend not replacing you screen because you can damage you tablet and it's an old tablet so it wouldn't be worth paying your hard-earned money for something cheap. Also try reinstalling your firmware just in case you just had a bad download or something. GOOD LUCK!

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does have pressure sensitivity. Because yours is not working you have 3 options. Go on with you life without pressure sensitivity. Replace you screen. Buy a new tablet. I recommend not replacing you screen because you can damage you tablet and it's an old tablet so it wouldn't be worth paying your hard-earned money for something cheap. Also try reinstalling your firmware just in case you just had a bad download or something. GOOD LUCK!

Posted via the Android Central App

Looks like you missed an option. He said he has a square trade warranty to get the thing replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87