The joy of the on-screen fingerprint sensor.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I have only had my 10 for a month or so but I can't be the only one who still just presses the sensor every now and then when the phone is in front of them to feel the sense of satisfaction of how easy it is to log in to the phone now.
You have your thumb print at holding angle, you forefinger at straight on and 45 degrees for when it is lying on the desk.
That frustration for the first half hour when out of the shower.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I try not to use the acronym FPS in relation to my phone in case I accidentally gun someone down in th highstreet.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I should get at least one left hand print in case my right hand is accidentally cut off. I can still use the phone to buy milk then.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I do have a pin too. I would never rely solely on biometrics, even if it let me. It;s just a downer when they fail because they are so easy.
At work I use a passphrase rather than password and it's 40 characters long but now I am used to it.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I have only had my 10 for a month or so but I can't be the only one who still just presses the sensor every now and then when the phone is in front of them to feel the sense of satisfaction of how easy it is to log in to the phone now.
You have your thumb print at holding angle, you forefinger at straight on and 45 degrees for when it is lying on the desk.
That frustration for the first half hour when out of the shower.

I prefer the rear FPS of my Note 9. Much more consistent than that of my Note 10 Plus ☹️

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they do release the 2nd gen on the Note 20 and it really is better.

Yeah. I do have a pin too. I would never rely solely on biometrics, even if it let me. It;s just a downer when they fail because they are so easy.
At work I use a passphrase rather than password and it's 40 characters long but now I am used to it.

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been quite disappointed with the in screen FPS on my S20 Ultra. It's my first in screen senor and it is way too inconsistent. Lately, I've re-registered the prints using only two fingerprints. Now seems a little better, but still poor. All of my previous FPS were very reliable. I keep encouraging myself by remembering this uses ultrasonic technology and is supposed to be more secure, but I would trade it out in a second for an old fashioned reliable rear mounted sensor!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too am truly in love with the in-display fingerprint reader on my S10. I was definitely nervous about using it and even enjoying it, coming from a Google Pixel 2, but I quickly got used to it and even loved it after a few days.

Maczy

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
I have ditched my-otherwise perfect-Nokia 9 PureView because of its terrible, practically unusable in-screen fingerprint scanner.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been quite disappointed with the in screen FPS on my S20 Ultra. It's my first in screen senor and it is way too inconsistent. Lately, I've re-registered the prints using only two fingerprints. Now seems a little better, but still poor. All of my previous FPS were very reliable. I keep encouraging myself by remembering this uses ultrasonic technology and is supposed to be more secure, but I would trade it out in a second for an old fashioned reliable rear mounted sensor!
Ditto. The LG V60 has an in-screen reader and it's very hit and miss even after multiple re-registers. The rear sensor on the V20's power button was not only more accurate, but instant with no lag.

JetFixxxer

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the rear FPS of my Note 9. Much more consistent than that of my Note 10 Plus ☹️

+1

The FPS on the Note 10+ is really a POS. The Note9 was in my opinion a superior phone. I should have never switched, but my wife cracked her Note9 and it was cheaper to upgrade than to fix and it was BOGO..

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It does seem very much an 'each to their own' situation here. One way works better for some than others and vice versa. For myself I am glad I skipped the 9 but see why other folks miss it.
Iris on the 8 worked well for me apart from the fact that the image for the steampunk goggles was corrupted (view wise not malware wise of course). First thing in the mornign was a problem but security on that version meant that you had to use a pin if you hadn't logged in for several hours anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo