Visit site
It’s a big upgrade from 10 plus

120hz
5x optical zoom
50x digital zoom
Better S pen features
Better auto focus
Wireless dex

Honestly not sure what people expect year on year. The phone is already a spec beast as it is.

More pros:
LPDDR5
USB 3.2
5G

Cons:
No ToF depth sensing camera (for people who use to measure stuff)
Less base storage
Taller and heavy
No 45w charging support

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, every year some folks say that the new Note is not a huge upgrade over the last Note. They'll say that next year, too. It's certainly not for those who don't find much utility in the new features.

But folks who have the S20 and were expecting a huge upgrade in the Note20... C'mon - that stopped with the Note 5 or Note 8 when the S and the Note series became more and more alike. The anticipation wouldn't be for people to upgrade their phone every 6 months. That's why it always amazed me that people would get the Note 20 and then be ready to move on to the iPhone 12, or S21.

A lot of Note enthusiasts, like me, however, do this ritual every year and seeing that I am on my phone more than my desktop computer - I'm always looking forward to the next big thing in the device that I use the most in my life.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
It’s a big upgrade from 10 plus

120hz
5x optical zoom
50x digital zoom
Better S pen features
Better auto focus
Wireless dex

Honestly not sure what people expect year on year. The phone is already a spec beast as it is.

Very very few people are gonna use most of these features on a daily basis, much less acknowledge how improved they are over last year's Note 10+.

It's worth the upgrade from a 8 or maybe 9, but definitely not a 10+

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Very very few people are gonna use most of these features on a daily basis, much less acknowledge how improved they are over last year's Note 10+.

It's worth the upgrade from a 8 or maybe 9, but definitely not a 10+

Exactly. The product isn't worth the price compared to the 10+. Also how is the Note20 Ultra not 45W compatible? That's another slap in the face IMO. 🤦

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This comment hits the nail on the head. Some have been saying they weren't going to upgrade before the official specs were announced which is fine. Everyones entitled to their opinions. Will be interesting to see the comments of the pre-order shipping threads with those upset that others are getting the phone before them. Happens every year
To be honest, every year some folks say that the new Note is not a huge upgrade over the last Note. They'll say that next year, too. It's certainly not for those who don't find much utility in the new features.

But folks who have the S20 and were expecting a huge upgrade in the Note20... C'mon - that stopped with the Note 5 or Note 8 when the S and the Note series became more and more alike. The anticipation wouldn't be for people to upgrade their phone every 6 months. That's why it always amazed me that people would get the Note 20 and then be ready to move on to the iPhone 12, or S21.

A lot of Note enthusiasts, like me, however, do this ritual every year and seeing that I am on my phone more than my desktop computer - I'm always looking forward to the next big thing in the device that I use the most in my life.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I know right! I wanted copper in 512 but had to settle for black 512.

We got the steak, the Note20 Ultra 512GB, but not the sizzle; that would be the Mystic Bronze color which Samsung 'leaked'. I was not too enamored of it anyway. I ordered an ESR Clear Kickstand case for the Ultra from Amazon and that's due to arrive this coming Monday. Now the waiting begins. Plenty of time for buyer's remorse. ;-) Best wishes.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I remember when the S20 Ultra dropped everyone complained that it couldn't do WQHD+ and 120hz, why isn't anyone complaining that Samsung is making the same mistake on the Note20 Ultra? This is literally the biggest feature I was looking for and it didn't happen.

Looks like I'm sticking with my Note10+....

Exactly! I have the note 10 plus and the s20 ultra.

The s20 ultra will be my sacrificial lamb for the Fold 2.
I'll wait.
The note 10 plus is a monster still. One more year and with the Fold 2 in a month. Next years note will be interesting 👍
Rock on...

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
We got the steak, the Note20 Ultra 512GB, but not the sizzle; that would be the Mystic Bronze color which Samsung 'leaked'. I was not too enamored of it anyway. I ordered an ESR Clear Kickstand case for the Ultra from Amazon and that's due to arrive this coming Monday. Now the waiting begins. Plenty of time for buyer's remorse. ;-) Best wishes.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do :). I got the ESR for the N10+ and liked it a lot so I'm getting one for the N20 Ultra.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The way they're going I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off the note line at least in name.
Exactly! I have the note 10 plus and the s20 ultra.

The s20 ultra will be my sacrificial lamb for the Fold 2.
I'll wait.
The note 10 plus is a monster still. One more year and with the Fold 2 in a month. Next years note will be interesting
Rock on...

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm gonna do :). I got the ESR for the N10+ and liked it a lot so I'm getting one for the N20 Ultra.

Handiest case I've found to-date. I have one for my Note9 but it isn't clear. I don't know for sure how far this style goes back but ESR is really on to something. The raised lip on the one for the S20 Ultra protects the camera module very well.

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I remember when the S20 Ultra dropped everyone complained that it couldn't do WQHD+ and 120hz, why isn't anyone complaining that Samsung is making the same mistake on the Note20 Ultra? This is literally the biggest feature I was looking for and it didn't happen.

Looks like I'm sticking with my Note10+....

Alright y'all... I pre-ordered 😂. After all is said and done I'll only be like $400 out of pocket for the Note20 Ultra 5Gangata.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa