Pre-ordering with Best Buy

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got the same email and text. i tried the phone number in the text and the wait time was almost an hour. Couldn't wait. It says check online, but my online lookup says preparing for pickup tomorrow

rlg2017

May 3, 2017
Visit site
Just got the same email and text. i tried the phone number in the text and the wait time was almost an hour. Couldn't wait. It says check online, but my online lookup says preparing for pickup tomorrow

I'm in the hold queue now. I made it to the first line of support. They had to transfer me to the mobile department. Wearing my Galaxy earbuds for the call. I can work and wait. I'll let you know what I find out.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and pre-ordered my Aura Glow 256 Gb Verizon variant. I was told that everything was all set and just relax and wait for the call stating my phone was ready to be picked up. So far everything this time around is just like the pre-order for my Note 8. Now it is time to just relax and wait for my phone call.

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got the same text. I too, am waiting in the queue. My wait time was estimated at 15 minutes when I was transferred to the mobile "back office". The lady I reached first stated that they had been receiving calls about this problem all morning. We shall see. It's inconceivable to me that a major retailer would not order sufficient stock knowing they were advertising the hell out of this product and their trade-in offers.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered in store on the 11th. Two Note 10+ phones. Just got a couple of emails and a text. The text says that "Sorry, there is an issue with the mobile package" and gave me a number to call. The emails say "There's a delay with your mobile activation." Anyone else see these messages? Any ideas what they mean? Thank you!

I preordered online on the 8th, and I got the same email and text around the same time, but when I check the link, it also says preparing to pick up tomorrow. I'll try to call in a little bit since I have to get on the road soon.

rlg2017

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I just got the same text. I too, am waiting in the queue. My wait time was estimated at 15 minutes when I was transferred to the mobile "back office". The lady I reached first stated that they had been receiving calls about this problem all morning. We shall see. It's inconceivable to me that a major retailer would not order sufficient stock knowing they were advertising the hell out of this product and their trade-in offers.

I'm not sure it's an inventory problem. My emails and texts say that it's an activation problem. Hope to find out soon.

tlbland0426

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I just received an email from Best Buy stating "Here's your service agreement with Verizon. We've attached your service agreement with Verizon to keep with your records should you ever need to refer to it." My order shows "Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow"

Pauls702

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
I went to the Best Buy store in Socal last night. They said they are suppose to get the shipment in on thursday, will call to make appointments for pick up on Thursday evening for pick up on Friday (8/23/19)
This was from the person that called to make the appointments.

My order status shows preparing for pick up tomorrow

She mentioned that unless there is a huge problem with the truck delivering, its almost a guarantee it can be picked up on friday

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got an email saying there was a delay with my mobile activation. The email states that they are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and will call me if they need additional information.

I wonder if there are so many attempted activations with Verizon or other carriers that there is network congestion or collapse? My phone service is Verizon so it makes me wonder.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I received 2 emails... 1 with my AT&T service agreement update and one with my return lable (for my ATT Next phone going back). Seems to be heading for a good pickup on Friday.

tlbland0426

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the unlocked model through Best Buy or a Verizon model? Just thinking maybe the "activation" issues is for people who ordered the unlocked model on a carrier plan?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just finally pulled the trigger. When I got to checkout it told me that the 256gb in black was sold out so I opted for 512gb. I went back and forth but getting $600 for a phone I only paid $450 for was too good to pass up.
511a435af48db55592153d86e8a79e1f.jpg

rlg2017

May 3, 2017
Visit site
Did you get the unlocked model through Best Buy or a Verizon model? Just thinking maybe the "activation" issues is for people who ordered the unlocked model on a carrier plan?

I have an unlocked phone and an AT&T phone. Both are on AT&T. Both orders have gotten the activation problem email.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered in store on the 11th. Two Note 10+ phones. Just got a couple of emails and a text. The text says that "Sorry, there is an issue with the mobile package" and gave me a number to call. The emails say "There's a delay with your mobile activation." Anyone else see these messages? Any ideas what they mean? Thank you!

I did the bogo Verizon deal thru bestbuy. Black note10 and blue note10+ I got the same email as you plus another email for my Verizon agreement on the blue note10+ when I look at my account online it gives me a barcode and says my blue note10+ is ready for pickup but says they still preparing my husband's black note10. I don't know I don't get no errors online but I get that email. Has to be an error somewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez